• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
... So what game should I be buying this year to scratch that online FPS itch? I've got a fresh & shiny Xbox One X but I can't decide on a half decent online shooter to play on it. Xbox One X Enhanced would definitely be a big plus.

Any recommendations, Era?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I don't know if the issues with its X version have already been patched up, but Titanfall 2 is sublime in both single and multiplayer.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
WW2 had launch problems for the most, and they've been more or less smoothened out. I think it's still a great choice if you are looking for fast paced online shooting.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
PUBG, and then TF2 (via EA Access) and Halo 5. The X Edition updates look good.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I havent played the other 2 but i thought Destiny 2 was great and a huge improvement over the first one.

For multiplayer shooters, PUBG is one of the best games of the year and out on Xbox next month.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly COD isn't that bad. The mechanics are good and I haven't had any issues online all week. Many are having issues but wait till black Friday and see how improved it is, if not wait for PUBs as others said.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see so many recommendations for Titanfall 2. I'm not even into shooters but that kept me coming back for months

Oct 31, 2017
Halo 5???

It meets your criterion, and in my opinion, is the most fun multiplayer FPS on the market right now. If you want crazy, imbalanced bonanza, you have Warzone to scratch that itch. If you want taut, balanced, focused multiplayer, then the Arena playlists have you covered there.

Deleted member 10293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Titanfall 2 is pretty solid for an online for. Bit of a learning curve but it feels good once you get it down

Oct 27, 2017
I am picking up Titanfall 2 this week (instead of Battlefront 2, which stings as a Star Wars fan), since I have never played it, before EA destroys the 3rd one (if it ever comes out).

It is only $20 ($16 GCU) brand new for the Deluxe Edition.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Rainbow 6, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, PUBG. Each are different and unique. Take your pick.

Saint-XIV

Oct 27, 2017
If you don't already have it, Rainbow 6 Siege. It's a ton of fun and if you liked CoD's Search and Destroy, you'll enjoy it. Plus, there's a new operation on the way.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
For story? Grab Titanfall 2 or even CoD Infinite Warfare if you can get it at a good price (definitely one of the better campaigns they've made).

For online gameplay loop? It's not first person, but Warframe is free to play and will scratch exactly the same itch as Destiny does if you're okay with third person.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Rainbow 6 Siege
Titanfall 2
Overwatch
Battlefield 1
Paladins

I'm with you too. While I enjoy PVE Destiny, I have no shooter for this fall. Will keep playing the list above.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not PUBG - PUBG will not scratch a tradition FPS game itch. (my opinion obviously). Its a running simulator punctuated by some fighting, and getting shot and killed without ever seeing the person. And Im not saying thats a bad thing, buts its not a FPS to play if you are looking for a normal TDM experience.

Just play BF4

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm loving WW2 definitely a great game.

If you don't like it then Battlefield 1, Black Ops 3 or Titanfall 2.