• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jackal27

Oct 25, 2017
Joplin, MO
Have you heard the Good News of our Lord and Savior?

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I find CoD to be damn entertaining. I haven't tried BF. I got CoD and TF2 for my XBX. I may get Overwatch later as well.

I played Halo 5 on launch night at my MS store, and it was boring as well IMO. Skipping it for sure.

meppi64

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel the same way. Been soured on FPS games this past year.
Doesn't help that Battlefield went to shit as well. :(

Tried to go back to Bad Company 2 on PS3 and had a blast but it has quite a bit of problems, not the least is server population.

In the end I decided to go back to Doom and Splatoon for my online competitive fun, which works out very well.
Even with the faults in Doom's online MP, it remains more fun than the other "serious" games.

Just get Battlefield 4. Out of all the titles I've played for the last 4 years it's the one I consistently come back to and the one I have the least complaints about.

I wish that was an option, at least on PS4...
Tried to do just that 2 weeks ago and the game is rampant with platers running around with the invisibility glitch, which will never get fixed since they want you to buy the new game. :(

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Titanfall 2 or IW is decent now after all the patches.

Gears 4 not exactly a FPS but amazing online

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Yea...

Picked up Destiny at launch and played to 300 light and got bored. Kind of disappointed with it. So glad I didn't splurge for the seasons pass.

Not interested in CoD and battlefront is a disaster.

What I'd really love is for Sony to bring in killzone 2 online for PS4. Leave the SP out. Miss that chirp.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Overwatch. If you're a masochist you can try R6 Siege.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WW2 ain't that bad in fairness.

PUBG is also out in a few weeks so that will be another one to get, it offers a very different experience but is well worth getting.

Deleted member 4541

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne

sorry..

I plan on get CODWW2 soon, but as others have mentioned, Titanfall 2 is amazing. Great single & multiplayer.

DOOM as well, if you're looking for single player.

Baleoce

Oct 27, 2017
The Titanfall 2 suggestion is bittersweet after you realise who just bought Respawn. Amazing game in it's own right though. Just a bit worried about the eventual third title now.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Titanfall 2 multiplayer was a big disappointment as well. PUBG will be my next shooter until Halo 6 most likely.

PaypayTR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow who thought AAAA garbage shoveled to your mouth with big ass advertisement budgets would be shit.

They are all crap and not worth anyones time to be honest.Play better games not like they are lacking

Oct 27, 2017
It's almost like the AAA hype cycle is eternally disappointing by design

But nah im sure NEXT year all these franchises will deliver

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
promo324080340.jpg

Still getting new maps, balance patches, and weapons FOR FREE
Still has free online multiplayer no sub required (for now, but the rumored fee next year will be minimal)
Still getting Splat Fests including one this weekend
Still has the best core gameplay of any shooter including most accessible, most number of valid strategies
Fully portable even over cell phone coverage

NO loot boxes. NO DLC. No Season pass. It's only the best shooter on the market with continuous free updates, free online, many modes, and a single price point of $60. The Amiibo unlocks are purely cosmetic. Don't let the colors fool you. Get to S+ rank or better yet form a squad and play the real game. This is more hardcore than any other shooter.

Last edited:

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
I came here to plug Titanfall 2 but holy shit never mind.

Hopefully Titanfall 3 blows everyone out of the water.

And for the record I'm still really enjoying Destiny 2 pvp.

I really don't think PUBG will fill that shooter void...it's not exactly an action packed high octane experience. It's a very different kind of game. There's a reason that PC gamers are responding to it though.

Last edited:

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Battlefield 1. That gunplay and the jingle when you kill an enemy is godlike.
If you want variety in your shooter, BF1 allows you to hop into boats, into tanks, cars, trains, motorcycles, zeppelins, Behemots and to mount horses.
Infantry combat is fantastic and raw and if you like big athmospheric battles with a huge amount of destruction, smoke, bells and whistles there is no other alternative.

Forrow Rebel

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
For online FPS on Xbox One X I would recommend either Titanfall 2 or Halo 5, but Halo 5 prob has more variety in styles and gamemodes overall. I would only recommend Destiny 2 for the pve, I really found that pvp in Destiny 2 to be rather dull and boring, the X patch should be coming out before the end of the year.

Edit: I also don't understand that some list games from different genres or platforms, or ignore the OP...

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Destiny 2 will be fixed, I would still get that and by the time you level up and do what's currently there you should be good to go.

CoD WW2 is a lot of fun.

People say Warframe is fun but the shooting....the feel of the game.....is garbage to me.

So I say Destiny 2 or CODWW2

There is also Halo 5, but say goodbye to your Hard drive space after downloading that.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne

sorry..

I plan on get CODWW2 soon, but as others have mentioned, Titanfall 2 is amazing. Great single & multiplayer.

DOOM as well, if you're looking for single player.

promo324080340.jpg

Still getting new maps, balance patches, and weapons FOR FREE
Still has free online multiplayer no sub required (for now, but the rumored fee next year will be minimal)
Still getting Splat Fests including one this weekend
Still has the best core gameplay of any shooter including most accessible, most number of valid strategies
Fully portable even over cell phone coverage

NO loot boxes. NO DLC. No Season pass. It's only the best shooter on the market with continuous free updates, free online, many modes, and a single price point of $60. The Amiibo unlocks are purely cosmetic. Don't let the colors fool you. Get to S+ rank or better yet form a squad and play the real game. This is more hardcore than any other shooter.

Not on Xbox.

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
If you have a couple friends, Destiny 2 can be enjoyable. Also depends on your patience for grinding and getting to exciting endgame raids.

Otherwise, Halo 5 is a great pick for multiplayer. Some of the best this gen. Just don't go into the campaign expecting good things.

Deleted member 21996

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Titanfall 1 ideally, but 2 for the better player population and spangly visuals on your new X.

If you don't mind switching roles and not always being "da MVP" then Overwatch is a fine back-up plan. Game is insanely polished and will last for years.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would say that "battlefront is a travesty" is overselling it *just* a tad. Some of the stuff around it is eyebrow raising for sure but the core game is actually still quite fun. To the actual question though if you don't want to give Battlefront a go Titanfall 2 would most likely be my suggestion as well.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Not quite sure how a 77 metacritic, higher than the first game, is a travesty. But to answer your question, Wolfenstein 2 I guess

Heart_Attack

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I loved the first two weeks of Destiny 2, even the Raid. But the way they killed the grind, and without good content and shitty crucible playlists, i dropped it. Guess i did the right thing since the first DLC adds nothing.