• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Rainbow Six Siege is bigger than ever, constantly updated, and the best MP FPS of the generation. Free weekend coming up if you want to try it out and that'll also mean lots of new players starting out so you can jump in with them.

Oct 27, 2017
The Ether
Destiny is the one that matters most to me... but I'll say this, at least they failed giving us too much loot - lol.

I'd recommend Titanfall 2 for a combo of XB1X shiny + amazing gameplay.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
When the industry puts out disappointment after disappointment, remember that the world could always use more heroes. Just play Overwatch.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
If you like that fast-paced arena shooter feel, Halo 5, Black Ops 3, and Quake Champions.

But if you're more keen for a slower-paced, tactical shooter, try R6 Siege.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Rainbow Six Siege is bigger than ever, constantly updated, and the best MP FPS of the generation. Free weekend coming up if you want to try it out and that'll also mean lots of new players starting out so you can jump in with them.
Does it require teamwork with voicechat? That's probably the only reason I havent jumped in. I'm a solo player, I like playing the objective but I don't like the whole search and destroy modes from COD or CSG mostly because it requires a bit of coordination between the players.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite Battle Royale is free, and constantly updated every week with new content.

Siege is always engrossing and has a ton of content with a big update coming next week.

Battlefield 1 is still extremely popular on PS4 and just a damn good time.

Im happy with my FPS games and dont care for anything coming out

MotionBlue

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Titanfall 2 was DOA on Xbox. I'm assuming it still is. If you watch a good online shooter Rainbow Siege is pretty much your only option.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Titanfall 2, Fortnite, Overwatch, R6 Siege, Battlefield 1, Halo 5, soon PUBG...

If there's one thing Xbox has no shortage of, it's shooters.

Couchdweller

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
*Adds to the plethora of Titanfall 2 votes*

I still play Destiny 2 a little bit, but after campaign and a fair share of crucible, kinda dies down for me a bit.

renzollama

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You're speaking my language OP. After the amazing spring of 2017, the AAA holiday release window feels extremely disappointing to me also as a primary FPS player expecting to have a multiplayer game to invest in over the winter. After I finish Wolfenstein II I'm looking at hopping back into Warframe, The Division 1.8, and probably Titanfall 2 / Battlefield 1. The FPS releases of holiday 2016 still feel more fresh and exciting to me than the ones we got this year.

Edit: Assassin's Creed Origins was a really pleasant surprise though. If you told me a year ago that I'd be excited to play an Assassin's Creed game again I'd have laughed in your face, but this one feels way more like an open world action RPG than its predecessors.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Everytime I consider getting Titanfall 2 on PS4, I hesitate because it feels like the onlin community has dried up for it.

Ivellios

Oct 27, 2017
Overwatch, its the first online FPS that hooked me for more than a year now, and the lootboxes dont affect gameplay as they are cosmetic only.

GamerEra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WWII had more problems than usual for a COD game but it's fine now. Dedicated servers are back up and it's running smoothly.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Quake Champions is long for this world either, unfortunately, which is another big 2017 disappointment along with Lawbreakers population drop as someone who prefers fast-paced skillful FPS.
I think there's always going to be a game in that niche market. QC isn't big right now because it's currently on a buy to play model (assuming you didn't pick up the Humble Monthly or get grandfathered in from closed betas). I've got my fingers crossed it'll make small waves when it goes F2P next year with the final retail build.

TwiztidElf

Oct 28, 2017
This thread reminds me of the "Gran Turismo is always online, Forza7 is lootboxes, and Project Cars 2 is buggy as hell" thread.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lc3ZDp8m.jpg
lauZf9rm.jpg
3yoAlO5m.jpg

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Does it require teamwork with voicechat? That's probably the only reason I havent jumped in. I'm a solo player, I like playing the objective but I don't like the whole search and destroy modes from COD or CSG mostly because it requires a bit of coordination between the players.

It certainly doesn't require it for Casual playlist but I would say it's a must for Ranked. In casual you can get away with using the ping tool and generally just playing the objective.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'd probably wait for PUBG.

Playerbase for Titanfall 2 is minuscule currently and only getting smaller every day.

I like Rainbow Siege a lot but the coming in the game as a solo noob at this point is incredibly painful, prepare to be kicked from your team at least every other match, if not more.

I'm guessing you've already played Halo 5.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Launch server issues aside which happen on almost every game I didn't find "problems" with WWII, and I played it a fair amount already.

But yeah, as others said, PUBG is out next month.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
Since people aren't restricting it to this year, I'm going to recommend Team Fortress 2. Still the most fun you can have online.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what its the best system to start on raimbow syx? xbox?

I only have it on PC, and it's good here. I hear all versions have a healthy population.

Is R6 worth it for its single player (it's pretty cheap on Steam right now)?

It's definitely a competitive MP shooter. There's a co-op mode, but it's pretty anemic. There's a solo mode too, but it's more like a tutorial, really. If you do not play competitive MP, I would skip R6:S. Too bad you missed the free weekend last week, you could have evaluated it yourself.

FYI there's some kind of "zombie horde" mode being teased coming out soon. There's no info on it yet.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Gonna echo a lot of ppl and say Titanfall 2. It's got X enhancements and I'm just now getting to the campaign and it's actually been pretty good so far. Multiplayer isn't as good as the first, imo, but it's still pretty fun.
If hero shooters is your thing, Overwatch is a good one as well.