• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
They should've had James Bamford direct the pilot and made it a 40 minute maskless fight scene. Ruby Rose would've been up for it.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
This was pretty bad. I'll stick around, but the acting isn't good enough right now. Feels like a budget CW show. Am I crazy—or was the acting on the pilots of Arrow and Flash better? I know it was on Black Lightning.

Last edited:

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another horrible quality CW shitshow. It gives suffer while watching. I really wish it was a DC TV show. But I'll watch it as far as I can, I want to see Ruby hang out with that fucking great costume.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This was pretty bad. I'll stick around, but the acting isn't good enough right now. Feels like a budget CW show. Am I crazy—or was the acting on the pilots of Arrow and Flash better? I know it was on Black Lightning.

Season 1 Amell was an absolutely terrible actor (and he's only improved so much since then), so I would say he's about on par with Ruby right now, with Ruby maybe edging him out a little bit.

The Flash's acting was significantly better in season 1 than in Arrow or Batwoman.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the pilot. Could have been worse.

I think the issue with the first half of the season will be them waiting for Crisis before they can get the big plot point of the season going.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Season 1 Amell was an absolutely terrible actor (and he's only improved so much since then), so I would say he's about on par with Ruby right now, with Ruby maybe edging him out a little bit.

The Flash's acting was significantly better in season 1 than in Arrow or Batwoman.
Oh okay. I don't remember, but I'll take your word for it.

pikablu

Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoyed it especially liked how much the actress for Alice looks like her from the comics. Definitely excited to keep watching. Kinda hope Batwoman doesn't get an entire team behind her but I guess it's bound to happen.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Watched this the other night, the pilot was rough. I don't remember Flash or Arrow being this low-budget at the start, and Supergirl definitely has a much cleaner look and better acting.

Gorthaur

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished watching the pilot. Man it was bad.

When ruby rose tries to get emotional her acting was cringe-worthy. The pilot was mostly boring and everyone but Alice was one-dimensional. The daddy-doesn't-love-me thing is really overdone.

I don't think I'll keep watching.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yeah I hope next episode picks up. Ill keep watching because its still so weird that we finally got Batman canon to the arrowverse. I didnt mind Ruby in Elseworlds but there wasnt enough of Batwoman in it. Im guessing they really didnt have an actual batsuit since it was obvious that was The Batwoman suit.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get CW dancing around Batman so much only to make this. Same with Superman. Why can't they (WB) just make proper shoes with their most popular heroes? It's all this side shit like Titans and this.

May 10, 2018
Of course we get a wack ass Luke Fox. I'll stick with it for a few episodes but I think the negative for this show will be the characters along with some of the acting.

Arrow season one had Walter, Slade, Diggle, and Merlyn.

I know it's early but none of the characters grabbed me at all.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get CW dancing around Batman so much only to make this. Same with Superman. Why can't they (WB) just make proper shoes with their most popular heroes? It's all this side shit like Titans and this.
I feel like the popularity of young super heroes of DC makes titains and any show related to that TT property main shit.

However I do agree, at least with batman. You could legit just make a batman show.

Oct 25, 2017
Batman at least the movie side of WB doesn't want to risk him on tv.
Batman could be done too well on tv which risks making Batman movies less special and thus less box-office money.
Back when tv was a far more powerful medium WB just stupidly thought it would confuse audiences.

Flash is mainline

Superman had 2 mainline shows nearly back to back Lois and Clark 4 seasons, 5 years later Smallville started and ran for 10 years ending just 4 years before Supergirl started.
Supergirl could have easily been a Superman series but everyone involved wanted to do something a bit different instead of a 3rd Superman series in a row.
However now that Supergirl has that spot a straight-forward Superman show is a bit of a challenge, it would need to be something a bit more varied like Lois and Clark or Superman & Son.

Black Lightning is mainline

Titans isn't a side thing either the Teen Titans where DC's top property for years, best selling comic of the 80's(over Justice League, Batman, Superman) and the 2003 cartoon was bigger for them than Justice League, etc.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I know nothing of Batwoman, but I'm not sure why whoever originally created her decided they'd make a worse version of the Terry McGinnis look, but with a silly red wig over it... unless the wig is unique to this interpretation of this character.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I know nothing of Batwoman, but I'm not sure why whoever originally created her decided they'd make a worse version of the Terry McGinnis look, but with a silly red wig over it... unless the wig is unique to this interpretation of this character.
The red wig throws the person off from her real identity

Unlike ahemSupergirlahem

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't she just wear the cowl normally and still conceal her identity?
art-wise in comics it's unique. Makes her stand out
also there's Cassandra Cain already
Batgirl-DC-Comics-Cassandra-Cain-classic-r.jpg

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't she just wear the cowl normally and still conceal her identity?
It's a multi-layered misdirection. The cowl hides her identity. The red wig points anyone trying to figure out her identity in the wrong direction. It also acts as something flashy but worthless to distract opponents in combat (including anyone thinking that they can defeat her with a quick hair-pull).

In the series it also seems like another purpose will be to make sure that people don't credit Batman for what Batwoman is doing.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
good, i'm not the only one who wasn't feeling the pilot

it just... wasn't interesting

Alice was a boring as fuck villain, so seeing as the pilot sets her up as THE villain for the time being, i'm not exactly hooked

discount curtis was lame

I don't think I cared about any character throughout that whole thing

and then the action wasn't even as good as a random Arrow episode

might give it another episode, but for now it's looking like a hard pass

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they had introduced the show with Batman failing to save her family, instead of the long drawn out "OMG THE TRAUMA" throughout the whole ep. Set up the mystery of why it happened, keep the audience guessing, then explain it at the end. Instead, all of the flashbacks and exposition kinda dragged the ep down. The Alice stuff fell really flat because of this.

On paper I think it's a good story, but it just needs better execution.

I'll cut it some slack for being a premiere ep though. Looking forward to the next ep.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Someone explain the point of Luke to me. It would literally make more sense if Kate went to the building and no one was there at all.

Like he's nothing like his comic self and that's fine. But he's also just the shittiest security guy EVER. He drags the show down and doesn't succeed in protecting Bruce's secret at all.

But the show as a whole had a great premiere.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Someone explain the point of Luke to me. It would literally make more sense if Kate went to the building and no one was there at all.

Like he's nothing like his comic self and that's fine. But he's also just the shittiest security guy EVER. He drags the show down and doesn't succeed in protecting Bruce's secret at all.

But the show as a whole had a great premiere.

He's there to be the guy in the chair, to explain/improve her tech, and to tell her more about Batman. He's probably the most important character in the show besides Batwoman.

Like he's going to be the guy in the crossover talking to Cisco about tech. He's going to be the guy talking to Batman in a post-credits scene. He's the guy.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
He's there to be the guy in the chair, to explain/improve her tech, and to tell her more about Batman. He's probably the most important character in the show besides Batwoman.

Like he's going to be the guy in the crossover talking to Cisco about tech. He's going to be the guy talking to Batman in a post-credits scene. He's the guy.

She could've done all of that on her own, or we could've just put Alfred in the show. Eventually this dork is going to suit up as Batwing, and he'll suck like Mr. Terrific did.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It felt like they had a good enough script for the pilot, but the execution felt slightly lacking. Hopefully they improve in the coming episodes.

Do Alice and Mad Hatter ever team up in the comics? Sounds like something that should naturally happen. That or try to kill each other.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
It felt like they had a good enough script for the pilot, but the execution felt slightly lacking. Hopefully they improve in the coming episodes.

Do Alice and Mad Hatter ever team up in the comics? Sounds like something that should naturally happen. That or try to kill each other.

From most what I've ever seen of Alice; I read Batwoman much more than Batman; but she is usually against Mad Hatter & doesn't like being linked to him or his gang. So, I'd guess she'd try to kill him, no idea his actual feelings towards her.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Sorry, Ruby Rose can not carry a show. She is as charismatic as a cardboard box, her line delivery is like a C tier voice actor, and the faces she makes to try and sell a feeling or emotion are WWE tier. She was great in Wick 2, and she was fun in the last Resident Evil movie but she needs someone to vibe off of. The pilot made the OG Birds of Prey pilot look like emmy bait. I will not even get into "Alice" who comes off like a hot topic wanna be (the people who will probably gush at her "performance" ) in a goth fan film.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018

I am actually hoping that the bumbling nerd thing is an act that he uses and he is actually very capable and confident.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The journey continues tonight!

#1.02 - The Rabbit Hole
LEGACY – Back in Gotham, battling Alice and the Wonderland Gang from the shadows, Kate Kane continues to be haunted by the events surrounding her sister's death 15 years earlier. While the city holds on to hope that Batman has returned, Jacob Kane and the Crows up the stakes trying to take down the villainous crew. Kate continues to look to Bruce Wayne's legacy for guidance as Luke Fox inadvertently gets pulled into Batwoman's vigilante heroics. Sophie and Kate are forced to team up, while Mary finds herself in Alice's crosshairs. Elizabeth Anweis also stars. The episode was written by Caroline Dries and directed by Marcos Siega.

vxMe7nyl.jpg