• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lookin' good!

Might even be tempted to double-dip at this rate.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I need to go out with my dog so I'll add more to the OP in a bit. Anyway Daan says that Bayonetta 1 has video recording and Bayonetta 2 doesn't so far, but Platinum mentioned on their blog that it will have it.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should calm the panic from the other thread a bit. Things we're getting pretty heady over there

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Release can't come soon enough.

I wonder how a TW101 port would work on Switch if Bayo 2 is running a bit smoother.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Double dipping for sure. (Triple dipping for Bayo 1 since I got it on Steam, too)

So hyped to replay Bayonetta 2 with better frame rates & anywhere.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The GameXplain footage looks awful. Why are the blacks so crushed? It's like pitch black in the train station where Bayo arrives in Bayo 1.

I'm hoping GX just screwed up their video capture. I've heard it looks better at other outlets, so I'm checking those now.

IvanJCroft

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Venezuela
i can't wait to play Bayonetta 1 with good frame rate! i got the platinum trophy on PS3 but yeah... going back to that i still don't know how i did it.

Oct 30, 2017
People expected Direct before Bayonetta I don't see that happening. Especially if they have ton of preview videos of Bayonetta and these are just ports so no need to be talked about on a Direct.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Holy shit Samus Morph Ball I didn't expect that lol

People expected Direct before Bayonetta I don't see that happening. Especially if they have ton of preview videos of Bayonetta and these are just ports so no need to be talked about on a Direct.

Everything from Nintendo (aside from Tennis) in the last Direct was a port tho

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe there's been any indication of a Direct this month.
Hey Jonneh, can you ask Daan if there's any possibility his capture equipment might be making the game look darker than it actually is? I'm not sure, but I'm beginning to feel concerned that the devs goofed around with the black levels for some reason.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe there's been any indication of a Direct this month.

Chrom has indicated there is some sort of Direct happening February, as he was correct with the date of the mini-Direct as well as Nintendo Labo. There is also an empty spot on the Nintendo Direct page which has always been indicative of an upcoming Direct.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Hey Jonneh, can you ask Daan if there's any possibility his capture equipment might be making the game look darker than it actually is? I'm not sure, but I'm beginning to feel concerned that the devs goofed around with the black levels for some reason.
I'll link him the thread! He has his own Era account and I'm sure he'll be happy to answer some questions.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That performarnce makes me so so happy. I still expecting DF analysis bus most probably I'll triple dip

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is that unlikely? I fully expect the Switch to be able to run a last gen game at 1080p 60fps.
Resident Evil Revelations 2 was 720p/30FPS on PS3, whereas the Switch version is 1080p/30FPS (docked) and 720p/30FPS (undocked). As for the framerate, it's unlocked, but it rarely hits the 60FPS target.
Bayonetta's cutscenes always run at 30fps no matter the platform so they really shouldn't be taken into consideration when talking performance
You should watch the beginning of Gamespot's video, then.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil Revelations 2 was 720p/30FPS on PS3, whereas the Switch version is 1080p/30FPS (docked) and 720p/30FPS (undocked).
I don't see how that's relevant though because Bayonetta ran at, or at least targetted 60fps on all platforms. I guess I'll rephrase, I fully expect the Switch to run Bayonetta at 1080p whilst targetting 60fps. In handheld I would expect 720p with a 60fps lock.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Resident Evil Revelations 2 was 720p/30FPS on PS3, whereas the Switch version is 1080p/30FPS (docked) and 720p/30FPS (undocked). As for the framerate, it's unlocked, but it rarely hits the 60FPS target.

You should watch the beginning of Gamespot's video, then.

Revelations 2 is an identical match for the PS4's asset quality. It lack AA and has reduced draw distances but it isn't the PS3 game exactly. It floats around 40fps.

If a game was 720p/60fps (target) on last gen consolse you should be able to hit 1080p/60fps on Switch.