• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
DQhqBGzUQAAGf08.jpg:large

So, there's three metacrititc pages for this.

Bayonetta 1+2 Combined Reviews
Metacritic: 90

Trusted Reviews - 9/10
Being able to play two of Platinum Games' finest efforts whenever you like is hugely appealing, and the abundance of content on offer here only makes it even better. It's somewhat disheartening that neither game has received any significant improvements beyond amiibo support and slightly better performance, especially since the Switch has proven it's capable of far more.

Critical Hit - 8.5/10
Though the first game's starting to show its age as far as visuals go, the relentless action remains timeless. Fast, frantic and frivolously fun, it's still worth playing. The sequel, however, improves upon everything; deliver a more focused, more nuanced and more refined. It's a glorious masterclass in design and flow

Gamespew - 8/10
Put simply, if you're a fan of the series, Bayonetta 1 & 2 are essential on the Nintendo Switch, especially if, like me, you only plan to play them in handheld mode. It's undeniably disappointing that they're less attractive in docked mode, but nevertheless they're still wildly enjoyable and engaging, just not as sharp as you'd probably expect.

Bayonetta 2 Switch Reviews
Metacritic: 92

Gamespot - 10/10
Its predecessor still stands as one of the finest games of its genre. To have surpassed that with Bayonetta 2, and to have created a game that will be remembered as an absolute classic, is nothing short of astonishing.

IGN - 9/10
The framerate improvements alone make it a better experience than the Wii U version, and the amiibo-activated costumes at least put a fun spin on it even if there's no substantial new content for returning players. It's disappointing that the Switch version can't manage more than 720p on a big screen, but with that said, Bayonetta 2's fantastic art style holds up well.

Metro GameCentral - 9/10
A fantastic sequel and one of the best action games ever made, now together on a system people actually own

Bayonetta Switch Reviews
Metacritic: 84

Switch Player - 9/10
Bayonetta is a stellar action-adventure game oozing with style and substance from start to finish. Newcomers may be put off by the portrayal of its title character, and the visuals are definitely starting to show their age, but the gameplay remains consistently brilliant throughout. A must-buy.

God is a Geek - 8.5/10
Bayonetta on the Switch is a fantastic port for handheld mode but there's not much improved for TV gamers aside from load times

Last edited:

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's a go.
Even while i am playin em on wii u soonish it's neat to see the games on switch for a new audience and peeps that wanna double dip.

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My wife got me this for my birthday. I actually own it on Wii U, I played Bayo1 on it but actually never played Bayo2... I'm looking forward to finally fixing that.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
So in, but I just preordered the game on Amazon and it won't guarantee release day delivery (I have Prime.) Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question How do I embed a Link in text?

Like instead of posting the long metacrititc link, just make it to where you can click on the 90?

Tsukinopio

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
I don't expect the Metascore to change much since even the Wii U version of Bayonetta 2 got a 91. Here's hoping that Tropical Freeze can do better than 83.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cannot wait. I couldn't make it through Bayonetta 2 because I disliked using the Wii U so much.

Deleted member 10234

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quick question How do I embed a Link in text?

Like instead of posting the long metacrititc link, just make it to where you can click on the 90?
Type in the number, then highlight it and click the link button. Now the highlighted text will lead to your link.

Alternative in code form:
Code:
[url=http://www.resetera.com]ResetEra[/url]

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a flight this weekend but I really don't think I should be spending the money when I have enough credit for an indie game.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
This is a bit confusing.

Why do they all have different review pages? Wouldn't it have made sense to have 1 page for Bayonetta 1+2?

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
It bothers me that some reviews are split up between the bundle and the single games. It was the same for RE:Rev and it hurts. So bad.

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
My copy on the Wii U is still unopened. I don't know if I should be excited or ashamed.

dagger

Nov 21, 2017
https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/bayonetta-2-review/1900-6415911/

still a 10.

Editor's note: Bayonetta 2 arrives on Switch with everything intact from the Wii U version, but with the added convenience of portability and a more consistent frame rate, making it the definitive version of the game. Thanks to the confident execution of seemingly unbridled creativity, Bayonetta 2 remains a game that shouldn't be missed, just as it was when we first reviewed the game on Wii U. The review page has been updated to reflect the new version of the game. - Peter Brown, Feb. 14, 6:00 AM PT