• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
From the NA press site:

Plus, complete your Bayonetta collection when the original Bayonetta game launches for Nintendo Switch as a stand-alone, physical release on Sept. 30! A limited number of the Bayonetta physical version will be available to pre-order via select retailers and available at launch in the My Nintendo Store at a suggested retail price of $29.99.

Seen mention of it for Japan as well so I'd have to assume this is worldwide.

Edit:

FXkCjadXkAAVmja
FXjIfunWIAE4-zT
FXjIHvMaIAITwmO

Last edited:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Odd. Perhaps this limited physical release will be a preview of a limited physical release of ReBoot Camp

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Yeeees. The third time I will buy this game even if I haven't finished it yet.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Nice, will grab just so I can have all 3 physically on switch.

Going to guess "Limited" means they're printing one batch and that'll be it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's cool for collectors/people saving money

I liked this better than the 2nd game myself

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So much stress over buying that Japanese 1+2 Switch physical version that wasn't necessary, lol

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So is that "trinity edition" just the CE for this game with a little art book, the game, and for some reason alt covers for 1 and 2 and not infact a collection of all three games in the trinity?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I've long since redeemed a digital copy through my physical version of Bayonetta 2, but good news for anyone who had wanted a physical release of the first game on Switch.

Oct 27, 2017
Very excited to see the original game will finally get a physical run on Switch. I'm ready to buy it for the 4th time!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Might get this, already own on Wii U and Switch Digital but having all 3 physical is tempting enough.

Jan 29, 2018
Tempting. I have it on Wii U and Steam. But who knows if my Wii U works anymore.

If I could get Bayo 2 at that price I'd be all over it.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Need a re-release of Bayo 2 for Switch too. Come on Nintendo. Also good luck getting the Bayo 3 LE on the Nintendo store. Gonna be a another battle against bots again

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Do you think they will reprint Bayonetta 2 (even if without including a code for the first one)? I would love to get all three games on the Switch.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Excellent.

I always wanted all 3 physical games, so now that hope can come to fruition.

Seems to be limited, so I'll have to preorder straight away once it drops.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Do you think they will reprint Bayonetta 2 (even if without including a code for the first one)? I would love to get all three games on the Switch.

It's still commonly in stock in most game stores here in the UK - not sure where you are but thought that was worth mentioning in case

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I already have the JP climax bundle and I'd still buy an NTSC copy of Bayo 1 for $30... if there indeed is one. Thus far, only NoE and NoJ have chimed in.

ezidro3

May 31, 2021
I don't think any place in Canada sells new copies of Bayonetta 2 officially anymore. Sigh.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I already have the JP climax bundle and I'd still buy an NTSC copy of Bayo 1 for $30... if there indeed is one. Thus far, only NoE and NoJ have chimed in.

The NoA press release mentions the $30 physical edition of Bayo 1 and the Trinity Masquerade Edition for Bayo 3.

www.businesswire.com

Nintendo News: Bayonetta 3 Conjures More Mayhem on Nintendo Switch on Oct. 28

The Bayonetta 3 game is arriving soon on the Nintendo Switch system to serve up devilish fun! Bayonetta returns for hair-raising action in larger-than