• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Echoes of when I started the "Bayonetta is the perfect third-party character for Smash" thread on the old forum and everyone swore up and down it'll never happen

I shall once again use my powers to will a character onto the roster!

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
If it's a tease for a character (again, "if"), maybe it suggests that Rodin will have a more prominent focus in Bayonetta 3?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No no no, Enzo will be in Smash as a Wario clone
uOiXykm.png

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Also, you peeps who still don't accept Bayonetta in the Nintendo stable, better get used to the possibility of more Bayo and more representation in Smash. With the entire series on Switch (including a third installment currently in development), Nintendo is clearly supporting the witch. And you just know Sakurai's a fan.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I changed the title slightly.

Feel free to suggest a new one if you think this one doesn't fit.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Echoes of when I started the "Bayonetta is the perfect third-party character for Smash" thread on the old forum and everyone swore up and down it'll never happen

I shall once again use my powers to will a character onto the roster!
I remember that one Dude who called out Neoxon when Bayonetta won the poll lol.

That post was hilarious.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to HylianSeven for pointing this out when he saw it on Twitter. Several posters here have noted that this message appears in Bayonetta 2 on Switch when you use certain amiibo — and apparently this message wasn't in the WiiU game:

Smash's first black man incoming? (Don't post Mr. Game & Watch, please — you know what I mean, lol)

I wouldn't take anything as 100% tho but if he can't become playable character then I hope that he would get in via Assist Trophy.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Nintendo is an equal co-owner of Bayo 2 and Bayo 3. And Nintendo signing off on the Japanese dub in Bayo 1 is how the dub appeared in the Steam port. So they have a lot of control over the franchise at this point. They clearly feel it adds something significant to their portfolio (and I'm inclined to agree).

Also, I can only imagine that Iwata had a deep respect for these games. The subject matter may look... edgier than Nintendo's usual fare, but these games are 100% in step with Nintendo's philosophy of fun game design first.
Or maybe Bayonetta is some Nintendo's higher up waifu, maybe guy who greenlighted Wonderful 101

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's just a hint that Bayonetta will return to Smash.
Bayonetta returning to Smash is virtually guaranteed. Cutting her would be like cutting a Nintendo character at this point. She also has like five characters' worth of thought and design put her into her moveset.

But I wouldn't write off Rodin. He's arguably the most important supporting character in the series (other than Jeanne, who could easily be a proper alt this time). He might have an increased role in Bayo 3, too.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't take anything as 100% tho but if he can't become playable character then I hope that he would get in via Assist Trophy.
That would work. A Switch version of 4 or Smash 5 could add assist trophies for the DLC guest characters that didn't get one. Add Tifa or Barret for Cloud, Chun-Li for Ryu, and Rodan for Bayo.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's just a hint that Bayonetta will return to Smash.

Yeah, it's already obvious that she's coming back after they announced Bayonetta 3 in works for Nintendo Switch. It's nice to know that she is more likely to come back.

If Rodin got in via Assist Trophy, what kind of attacks are we expecting from him in the game?

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's already obvious that she's coming back after they announced Bayonetta 3 in works for Nintendo Switch. It's nice to know that she is more likely to come back.

If Rodin got in via Assist Trophy, what kind of attacks are we expecting from him in the game?
As long as he says "Beautiful," Rodin will be perfect, either playable or AT

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
That would work. A Switch version of 4 or Smash 5 could add assist trophies for the DLC guest characters that didn't get one. Add Tifa or Barret for Cloud, Chun-Li for Ryu, and Rodan for Bayo.

I think it's more likely to see Sephiroth as an assist trophy for Final Fantasy (I hope that it would be someone from other Final Fantasy) and Akuma for Street Fighter Assist Trophy.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Rodin's gameplay in Bayonetta 2 was the best part of the whole game, IMO. I wish he'd get his own expansion campaign.

When Smash comes to the Switch, I'd love if this hinted tease delivers the goods!

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Huh. That's interesting.

Not sure what it means at this point beyond just being a reference. Maybe it means more. Maybe it means absolutely nothing.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see it as a little joke but you never know really...though Wonder Red better also be playable along with Takamari as Smash Bros needs more sword characters.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All shoot Rodin!? He would be the first Black character in Smash and by far the most badass inclusion yet. Hot damn!