• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
The real question — which would be his final smash:

latest

Too big

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm guessing Assist Trophy, if anything. Honestly I'd rather have a Wonderful 101 rep if we see something else from Platinum in Smash.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
I don't know what kind of foreshadowing this little easter egg holds(if anything at all) but boy is it fun to get into hype and speculation mode of Smash!

Ain't no hype like Smash hype!

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
Have you tried scanning a Splatoon Amiibo? Maybe he's one of the squid sisters in Splatoon 3 as well, with Enzo being the other one.

Last edited:

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I'd main him so fast, if he got in.

Having him, Jeanne and Bayo getting guest shots in Wonderful 101 was already awesome enough!

FutureLarking

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Rodin asks Bayonetta to bring him to Smash next time.

It could be nothing, but it could just easily be a tease.

He also says he thinks he should go to Inkopolis at some point when you scan inklings, but I doubt we'll be seeing him in Splatoon. He's just saying random fun shit, that isn't intentionally foreshadowing anything.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Rodin confirmed for Animal Crossing guys.

DWNf1a1VoAEOlgf.jpg

Does Rodin have a comment regarding every amiibo? Which ones work here?

edit: Alright here are all of his letters

https://imgur.com/gallery/KrD1L

There's letters for Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Splatoon and Yoshi. Kind of a missed opportunity to not have anything specific for the Kid Icarus amiibos.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
It also has a Splatoon 2 reference, and Bayonetta 3 reference. Miketendo64 actually posted about all 3, 3 days ago.

https://miketendo64.com/2018/02/14/...ros-fight-club/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Yes, and he says he always wanted to check out the Inklings' Turf. He wants to talk to the weaponsmith and "maybe grab himself an N-Zap". He also said he "might have to whip something up for Samus someday" when you scan a Samus amiibo, and how everyone knows about Hyrule and it's Legends when you scan Link.

The reason he mentions Smash is because it's a Smash amiibo. I got the same thing when I scanned Sonic.

Sorry, but I honestly don't see this as anything at all.

He also says he thinks he should go to Inkopolis at some point when you scan inklings, but I doubt we'll be seeing him in Splatoon. He's just saying random fun shit, that isn't intentionally foreshadowing anything.
Thanks for pointing this out. I'll update the OP to note there are variations for other series.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more interested in this implying that Smash 4 or a new Smash is coming to the Switch.

Deleted member 7156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: A few posters here have noted there are Splatoon and Animal Crossing references as well, so Rodin's commentary is not just Smash-related.

It also has a Splatoon 2 reference, and Bayonetta 3 reference. Miketendo64 actually posted about all 3, 3 days ago.

https://miketendo64.com/2018/02/14/...ros-fight-club/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Rodin confirmed for Animal Crossing guys.

DWNf1a1VoAEOlgf.jpg

This all still makes sense if we assume he's visiting these places via SSB maps. All these series will be assured to have maps in the next game.