• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Just make new levels, move, monsters, bosses and be done with it.
I hope you are joking.

Even if it was that easy (which it isn't), Bayonetta 2 was similar to Bayonetta 1 in many regards (the kind of sequel you are talking about) so they've hinted before that with Bayonetta 3 they want to change and evolve the series a lot more.

That said, I actually expected to see Bayonetta 3 in this direct, so I'm curious to know what's happening behind the scenes as well. Hopefully everything is okay and they are just making this as crazy as possible so they need more time.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised that many gamers are this impatient.
Have you nothing else to play? If so, how?

Just play something else until we get more information.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I hope you are joking.

Even if it was that easy (which it isn't), Bayonetta 2 was similar to Bayonetta 1 in many regards (the kind of sequel you are talking about) so they've hinted before that with Bayonetta 3 they want to change and evolve the series a lot more.

That said, I actually expected to see Bayonetta 3 in this direct, so I'm curious to know what's happening behind the scenes as well. Hopefully everything is okay and they are just making this as crazy as possible so they need more time.
Not joking. Something is going wrong at Platinum Games at the moment. It's not the only project they seem to struggle with.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Guess it was announced too early. Eh, doesn't bother me, Astral Chain looks more like my jam.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I dont know why people expected to see it so soon when all we got was a prerendered teaser a year ago.
I expect to hear more about it at the end of the year at th earliest but I find next year more likely.

Oct 27, 2017
From now own, If nintendo drops an announcement with just a logo/cg trailer, we should all assume that the game probably just started development and we have to wait 2-3+ years to play it. Not that I'm complaining, Nintendo is all about seal of quality and I respect that.
But that's what they did for Animal Crossing and it's still on track to come out this year

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
In before a Kamiya video where it sounds like they've cancelled development, only to announce that they are taking their sweet time.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I'm not surprised that some people in this thread are taking their acknowledgement of Bayo 3 still being in development as some sort of weird slight, but in a world where they said nothing this thread would've been titled "So is Bayonetta 3 cancelled??".

Literally just please have some patience. It's Nintendo. It's Platinum. They'll show the game when it looks good, and we'll all think it looks great.

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
I they don't show a trailer for the game every nintendo direct then it's cancelled. That's how it works right?

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
If they take the time to make it as balanced as Bayo 1 was while retaining the improved feel from Bayo 2, then by all means take all the time you need.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DMC5 got Platinum so shook they decided to go back to the drawing board.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Not joking. Something is going wrong at Platinum Games at the moment. It's not the only project they seem to struggle with.

Wait. Please explain to me what's wrong outside of the Scalebound thing. They just announced Astral Chain and it looks amazing. I'm legitimately curious as to what could be "going wrong" at Platinum. Seems like they're actually making a lot of games at the moment, but that's good, right? Maybe?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The game was announced in right at the turn to 2018. We're still in 2019.

Bayonetta 2 was formally announced in 2012 and didn't release until over two years later.

The game is fine. Quit worrying. Probably an early 2020 title.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Wait. Please explain to me what's wrong outside of the Scalebound thing. They just announced Astral Chain and it looks amazing. I'm legitimately curious as to what could be "going wrong" at Platinum. Seems like they're actually making a lot of games at the moment, but that's good, right? Maybe?
Scalebound was the first bigger game that went south. They also worked on that Granblue Fantasy game which looked fantastic for a long time but - like I read on Era - they now got pulled from the project. They announced Bablyon but without any info besides a teaser. Same for Bayonetta 3. And now they are also working on Astral Chain which IMHO does not look amazing. It just feels like they work on too many projects at once and spread their resources too thin. A lot of their last projects like Transformers, Turtles and Legend of Korra are also not that great. I wasn't even a big fan of Nier Automata to be honest. It's a good game, but it lacks what made the first game so good and unique. But that is an unpopular opinion and very subjective, I know.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Scalebound was the first bigger game that went south. They also worked on that Granblue Fantasy game which looked fantastic for a long time but - like I read on Era - they now got pulled from the project. They announced Bablyon but without any info besides a teaser. Same for Bayonetta 3. And now they are also working on Astral Chain which IMHO does not look amazing. It just feels like they work on too many projects at once and spread their resources too thin. A lot of their last projects like Transformers, Turtles and Legend of Korra are also not that great. I wasn't even a big fan of Nier Automata to be honest. It's a good game, but it lacks what made the first game so good and unique. But that is an unpopular opinion and very subjective, I know.
Scalebound wasn't the only project Microsoft canned. We have no idea what went down with Granblue outside of their contract going up. Bayonetta 3 was only announced a year and several months from now as having entered development, and is going through development like any other ordinary game does.

Your subjective opinion on how NieR Automata turned out and how Astral Chain is looking has really no bearing on how "well" Platinum are doing right now.