• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bayo 3 or Unnanounced May Cry V

• Bayonetta 3

• [REDACTED] May Cry V

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rumor has it that DMCV will make an appearance at E3 and come out early next year. I'd be willing to believe the same for Bayonetta.

It's been a long time since Devil May Cry game came out (you know, a proper one) and a semi long time since Bayo 2 first released. Not considering sales or any other measure, what do you think could end up the superior action game among fans of the genre?

Here's hoping they're both great but it's fun to speculate.

CrackPebbles

Oct 25, 2017
How are we supposed to gauge this all we know about DMCV is that leak that didn't go anywhere and neither games have gameplay videos out yet as far as I know.

Dernus

Oct 27, 2017
My hope is both are godlike. Bayo 1 and 2 have both been masterpieces to me so I'm sure 3 will be great as well.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I've never enjoyed a DMC game as much as Bayonetta so I'll go with Bayo.

sad but rad

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Bayonetta easily, but DMC also hasn't had a game since Bayonetta was created, so there's no way to know how DMC would react to what Bayo brought to the table.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
DMCV is going to be the greatest video game ever made. A glorious return of the King after a ten year absence. The entire E3 auditorium audience is going to be incinerated in a white-hot explosion of the purest hype when Vergil appears on screen.

But Bayo 3 will probably be great, too.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Bayonetta 3 actually exists and DMCV doesn't, so Bayonetta 3.
giphy.gif

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
DMCV isn't even formally announced yet god damn you ashy motherfuckers

We're basing the entirety of this thread on a game we've barely seen footage of versus a game that doesn't even have a fucking trademark registered yet. No leaked footage. Nothing physically tangible.

NOTHING. Just an Era poster and his eerily realistic rumor thread that means fucking nothing at this point.

You would have a better attempt at arguing Bayonetta 3 vs Darksiders 3. Or Bayonetta 3 vs fucking Biomutant.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Let's wait for dmc v to be announced. Then for the forum to crash. Then we'll talk.

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
I felt Bayo2 improved on some of the gameplay that made the first feel dated. If Platinum Games can improve upon Bayo2, it will have to be a really solid DMC to top it.

But we're all just using our imagination here since we only know Bayo 3 exists and there's been no gameplay to show.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Even beyond the fact that DMCV doesn't fucking exist do you sincerely believe a series that's been out of the game for like seven years is even capable of competing with a character action title that's seen a significant improvement in it's gameplay mechanics and level design across their sequels?

You really, truly believe that the level design and boss encounters will be better in V after the shitshow in IV?

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Probably DMCV.

Bayo 1 had room to improve, Bayo 2's combat wasn't that great, and I don't see 3's being that much better.

But at this point, who cares?

How are we supposed to gauge this all we know about DMCV is that leak that didn't go anywhere and neither games have gameplay videos out yet as far as I know.

The leak was for E3 reveal, late 2018/early 2019 release.

Anywa, I agree. Even though the title says "think", it'll just amount to wishful thinking and that's no fun.

Do we know who's directing DMC5 or anything?
Because good money is on Bayo3 being the pennicle of action games.

In all likelihood, Itsuno is.

Even beyond the fact that DMCV doesn't fucking exist do you sincerely believe a series that's been out of the game for like seven years is even capable of competing with a character action title that's seen a significant improvement in it's gameplay mechanics and level design across their sequels?

You really, truly believe that the level design and boss encounters will be better in V after the shitshow in IV?

Which one is that? Also DMC hasn't been out of it for seven years, neither have Itsuno. First of all, DMC4 was ten years ago. Second, we had DmC five years ago, and DMC4SE in 2015.

As for the second comment, why assume DMCV wouldn't be better than 4?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kaz Mk II

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I suppose I shot this thread load a little early, even though DMCV super exists and I'm supised no footage or character design stuff has leaked out yet.

I guess a better question would be, How much do we think Capcom internal will use from what Platinum has done with Bayonetta specifically to use in DMCV (since bayo is the most similar action game to DMC others have tried).

VAPORxDYNE

Oct 27, 2017
I think Bayo will be better, but DMC will do better. I liked how free the combat system felt in bayo. DMC4 felt pretty stiff to me, but i only played a bit, and it's been too long since I've played 1-3 to judge. To do cool stuff in DMC4 I had to do some pretty hard jump cancel stuff iirc (I was using lady) and I didn't feel like trying that hard to do cool stuff. In Bayo everything is pretty easy and looks really stylish with pretty much no effort iirc.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Might as well throw Nier 3 there, if we're taking hypotheticals into consideration (yes I know, DMCV is all but confirmed, but it's still waaaaaaaaay too early to make any judgement calls)

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
The most important thing that those 2 have to have is a jump in game mechanics. I love combat system in DMC4 and Bayonetta 2 but if next iterations will be just here a heavy, here a light, here is a dodge and some gimmicks than those will be just 0,5 that a new part. I dont ask for God of war change but I want next games to bring something more than just polished mechanics and set pieces.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Why would I bet against PlatinumGames?

They're the modern day Sunsoft and the hype behind their game output is grossly overrated to the point where Platinum fans will ignore or play off the blemishes in their portfolio (five bad games and a canceled mess)

Like damn I like Platinum too but posts like these make me wanna roll my eyes down the bowling alley in how fucking pretentious they are

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
They'll go in diferent directions.

Hopefully Bayo 3 keeps the batshit insane fights, but also have more smaller fights like bayo 1.
From the other thread it looks like DMC will be very different from past entries, but will still be a character action game on its core (unlike what GOW is doing).

I'd say Bayo 3 will be the better game but DMC will have deeper combat and will feel more "modern".

Oct 27, 2017
I think Witch Time is such a better dodge mechanic than any that DMC has. On that alone I think it makes the game better .

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Why would I bet against PlatinumGames?

Cuz DMC3 was the precursor to every character action game Platinum has made.

I think Bayo will be better, but DMC will do better. I liked how free the combat system felt in bayo. DMC4 felt pretty stiff to me, but i only played a bit, and it's been too long since I've played 1-3 to judge. To do cool stuff in DMC4 I had to do some pretty hard jump cancel stuff iirc (I was using lady) and I didn't feel like trying that hard to do cool stuff. In Bayo everything is pretty easy and looks really stylish with pretty much no effort iirc.

DMC4's combat is actually the free one, and Bayo the stiffer one.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bayonetta 3 vs DMC 5 will be the next Zelda: BOTW vs Horizon: Zero Dawn

Two exclusive games for Switch and PS4 (whether full exclusive, console, or timed) that will compete against each other as best in their genre at that point in time

Poor Microsoft, again

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

:(

Bayo 3 wins at the moment, that will change when certain other games will themselves into existence.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I think maybe DMC will try and be something different, while Bayo will a more conventional sequel.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
DMC5 because it has their top guy, Itsuno, on it.

Bayo 3 doesn't have Kamiya or Saito on it to my knowledge, so its not Platinum's best at the helm.
Revengeance and Devastation are better than Bayo 2, fight me all the way into the ocean

preta

Oct 25, 2017
They're the Japanese Sunsoft and the hype behind their game output is grossly overrated to the point where Platinum fans will ignore or play off the blemishes in their portfolio (five bad games and a canceled mess)
Sunsoft was Japanese too, and I'm not sure what comparison you're trying to make between the two. Sunsoft doesn't exactly have a great reputation for quality games. (Gimmick is absolutely dope though.)

I'm strongly leaning DMCV simply because I prefer DMC3/4's general style of combat to Bayonetta's by a fair margin. I haven't played Bayonetta 2, but 1's felt a bit overly floaty, and had much worse camera than DMC3/4.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually put money on DMCV.

PG have been sticking to their combat formula for a long-ass time, applying it to nearly everything they work on. I doubt Bayo 3 will be much different.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
DMCV unless Kamiya stops surrounding himself with yes-men and gets a co-director

Kamiya isn't directing Bayo 3. He's working on something else. Hashimoto is probably directing Bayo again.

I'm going to follow the money on this one

Why would you post this? The numbers aren't accurate.

If those numbers are real, selling 700k on wiiU is the winner.

They're not. DMC has sold much more than what's listed.

So what you're saying is that Devil May Cry 2 is better than Devil May Cry 3?

DMC3 has sold more than DMC2.

Oct 28, 2017
Bayonetta 3 vs DMC 5 will be the next Zelda: BOTW vs Horizon: Zero Dawn

Two exclusive games for Switch and PS4 (whether full exclusive, console, or timed) that will compete against each other as best in their genre at that point in time

I agree. I think this will be far closer than BotW Vs. H:ZD. And just because I love competitions so much, I hope they release within a week of each other.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Which one is that?

As for the second comment, why assume DMCV wouldn't be better than 4?

Bayonetta 2 despite having a weirdly specific style of play around it's weapons had an across the board full improvement over it's traditional mechanics/controls

I have no faith until V after 4. Like none. 4 isn't a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.