• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

View: https://twitter.com/platinumgames_j/status/1547212499359268865?s=20&t=Zk9-Kh2l3dnZ2QqgOeQekw

Rest assured.
I'm taking it off 😎👍

For the enjoyment of more people, #Bayonetta3 features the revolutionary "Naive Angel Mode".

By turning this mode "ON", you can play without any awkward atmosphere in the living room... maybe ❗️.

Thought this was interesting enough to warrant its own thread. It's always nice to see developers offering more options to their players. Whether it be so people can more easily play the game in a "public" setting or for those who feel uncomfortable with the regular focus.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
now my mom will definitely let me buy this, thanks based Kamiya!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure naming the mode as a joke making fun of the people who use it is a good idea, nor do I think an optional mode is going to fix the absolute litany of gross objectification that effectively defines Bayonetta as a franchise, but...it's a step in the right direction, I guess.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nintendo censorship strikes again!

this probably just reduces the summoning clothes shedding. might also make the game more streamer friendly?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I won't be using it that's for damn sure but I think this is a great inclusion.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's already M (or PEGI 16 surprisingly) but more options is always nice.
I wonder if they'll update 1&2 with this.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
The cowards way out. Either the absurd sexualisation of Bayonetta is essential to the game and character and should be kept in because of that, or it's not justified and should be taken out. Either stand up for your games design or fix it, don't leave it up to the audience.

Oct 27, 2017
the grand compromise: horny toggles
There are some "anime styled" games that looks interesting from a gameplay perspective that I wish had something like this

The cowards way out. Either the absurd sexualisation of Bayonetta is essential to the game and character and should be kept in because of that, or it's not justified and should be taken out. Either stand up for your games design or fix it, don't leave it up to the audience.
Do you bring this energy when it comes to difficulty settings? Because it's the exact same argument

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Based Kamiya looking out for the little guy bold enough to play this in front of their parents.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love how even Platinum recognize the inherent humor in that it "might" make the living room atmosphere less awkward. Bayonetta's energy is unstoppable.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure naming the mode as a joke making fun of the people who use it is a good idea, nor do I think an optional mode is going to fix the absolute litany of gross objectification that effectively defines Bayonetta as a franchise, but...it's a step in the right direction, I guess.
It's just a cute name.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
What's funny is I didn't even notice half of the lewd elements until the before/after video highlighted them, lol. Too much stuff happening onscreen to visually parse all this detail.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
You had one job
Censored-Devil-May-Cry-5.jpg

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
I like the option, could eliminate the hate thrown at scantily clad outfits in other games as well.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021

I don't actually quite follow this -- the impression I get is this is mainly for people who might need to share a screen in a living space or something but still want to play the game? I don't think this is Platinum 'compromising their design integrity' or anything anymore than, idk, From having more broken build options in Elden Ring.

IceBear

Nov 20, 2017
this is a much much better option than straight up censorship. more games should do this IMO.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

can't tell if this demand is a bit or not be either way it's cracking me up

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Can there be a "hard" move that is even more perverted and horny than the regular mode? Like every normal attack has her moaning loudly.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
Oh it's for "I want to play this in a shared room without getting too many weird looks" things? Neat.

Not looking forward to the seemingly immient thread showdown with the people who will die on the weirdest of hills when it comes to sexualization in video games though.

Like I don't have a major beef against video games that are obviously being horny myself but like, you can deal with a video game being obviously horny (and people having issues with that) and not go straight for recreating that "see the author actually meant something way more deep-" prozd skit.

Last edited:

Drachen

May 3, 2021
If the people you share a living room with can't enjoy Bayonetta at its most raw and real, you need to find new living room associates.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
To be honest more games should do this, with blood too since I hear parents say they aren't able to play those games with young children in the room.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, that explains why Bayo was summoning whilst fully clothed in the previous trailer.

Admittedly the feature would have been helpful when Bayonetta 1 came out and I was sharing the television with the rest of the family. Yep. Yep. Yeeep. Lots of awkward stares and questions, which was fair.