• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i think the real shame is that twitter's vid player always seems to hang for me at about 14s

good shit adaren

anyway my other issue with UC is that it's kind of actually boring to use? It doesn't really change my strats either to build to it or use it and there's not really a fun way to use it if that makes sense, you just kinda hit it and do one combo and that's that. I might just be crap at it though but I don't really think so

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
i think the real shame is that twitter's vid player always seems to hang for me at about 14s

good shit adaren

anyway my other issue with UC is that it's kind of actually boring to use? It doesn't really change my strats either to build to it or use it and there's not really a fun way to use it if that makes sense, you just kinda hit it and do one combo and that's that. I might just be crap at it though but I don't really think so
No, you're right. There's not much to do with it because it's so omnipotent. At best, choose a combo that get's the best enemy coverage.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or does the 1st verse in the prologue have a really high combo score requirement in Bayonetta 2? I've tried multiple times to get a plat and ended the verse with a 9.99 multiplier and still end up short. Just playing on normal dunno if I'm just killing enemies too quickly or what.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idk what it is about Bayonetta 2, but something about the game feel is just slightly... not as good. Idk, really hard to describe, but I feel like Bayo 1 is probably the best "controlling" game I've ever played.

I'm working thru hard on Bayo 1 while playing Bayo 2 for the first time, and it just feels really different. There's some stuff I really love about Bayo 2, like I think the big boss fights "feel" better (I don't think they were a particular highlight of the original and they're a bit better here because the spectacle is increased).

Also Adaren I think I have failed to reply to most of your incredibly helpful tips and advice, but thanks a lot - and thanks to others in this thread who have posted tips and ideas. :)

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or does the 1st verse in the prologue have a really high combo score requirement in Bayonetta 2? I've tried multiple times to get a plat and ended the verse with a 9.99 multiplier and still end up short. Just playing on normal dunno if I'm just killing enemies too quickly or what.

You're correct; it does have an abnormally high combo requirement. Some tips for getting around it:
  1. When there are no enemies to hit, hold Taunt (down on the left joycon). This will allow you to maintain a single combo through the entire Verse.
  2. Don't "ground" enemies in the plane or hit them off of it, as this will instantly kill them (and increase the amount of time you're waiting around for enemies to respawn). Instead, try to use upward Wicked Weaves.
  3. If all else fails, equip Gaze of Despair for easy points. :D

Also Adaren I think I have failed to reply to most of your incredibly helpful tips and advice, but thanks a lot - and thanks to others in this thread who have posted tips and ideas. :)

My pleasure! I'm always happy to spread knowledge about my favorite game, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Bayonetta makes me wish the cap time was more like a minute and a half; I'd love to just record each battle and trim out what I want from it, but alas.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People say Jeanne and the Joys aren't great at being dealt with using Scarborough fair, what's the best weapon? I've been playing the whole game using them lol

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
People say Jeanne and the Joys aren't great at being dealt with using Scarborough fair, what's the best weapon? I've been playing the whole game using them lol

Shuraba can't be parried by them (I think?), so it's great for keeping them stunned. Kilgore rockets can also break through their defenses, even if you shoot them into a wall or the ground (e.g. PPKKK, hold the kicks). Against Jeanne, the combo requirements also tend to be relatively low, so you might be able to use Fire Durga bombs.

Tripping attacks (PPPKP and PPPKKK) are also great against both enemies.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
I currently have 400k Halos. Can someone tell me a fast way to grind for more halos to buy all the weapons and just break Bayonetta? I remember doing it way back on the PS3 to where I got pure platinums on hard with buying everything.

I wanna have all the items and stuff before I go for Bayonetta 2.

Equip Lightning Durga on your hands, Gaze of Despair, and Bracelet of Time (if you have it). Then go spam Punch on the Chapter 7 boss, and try your best to not drop your combo!

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I've solved my combo score problem for Verse 1 of the Prologue in Bayo 2 by using Gaze of Despair on the flip side....I haven't been able to actually get to the end without getting hit to actually see yet. Lmao.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
So I finished replaying Bayonetta 1 in Normal mode. And the improvement I had is huge, compared to the first time.

Here are the results of my first run:

DXUa7YYU8AAed9B.jpg

And the results of my second run:

I think I'm ready to begin with hard more. Wish me luck!!

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Don't have bracelet of time. What's a good substitute? GoD and Durga on chapter 7 will definitely be super tricky.

Selene's Light would probably be okay, actually. You don't want to be getting hit if you can avoid it, but on the off chance you do, it will turn your excess magic into Witch Time, which gives you more combo points, which gives you more Halos!

Selene's Light would probably be okay, actually. You don't want to be getting hit if you can avoid it, but on the off chance you do, it will turn your excess magic into Witch Time, which gives you more combo points, which gives you more Halos!

Perfect! Can you also tell me all the items to buy and how much? The wikia doesn't show me pillow talk and plenty of other stuff.

I think I am doing something wrong. Alt Druga literally feels like I am hitting him with a pillow? It takes away the bosses life in dots.

Last edited:

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
How is Bayonetta 2 in handheld mode? Is the screen size good enough to see what's going on? And are the controls ok with the joycons?

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
How is Bayonetta 2 in handheld mode? Is the screen size good enough to see what's going on? And are the controls ok with the joycons?

Bayonetta 2's more-is-more approach to visual effects and brighter palette could potentially make things a little difficult to read, but if so; it's not really a problem that isn't present with the game in any other form - being native res, the image looks fairly good on the Switch screen despite the lack of post-processing.

Joycon controls similarly depend on whether you're usually affected by their small size - I find them to be adequate enough for actually playing the game, but they can get a bit straining and uncomfortable after an hour or so.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've almost finished Bayo 1 on hard now! Excited.

Think I will then double back and do the 3 hour normal run to get bracelet of time, then attempt NSIC. Rip.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Get yourself a pro-controller if you can. I did and its the best choice I ever made for playing Bayonetta 1+2
There's one thing I'll give the joy cons over the pro controller, the amazing rumble. I started playing exclusively on the joy cons and then made the switch to the pro. Joy cons put out that Non Stop Infinite Climax, in the hands!

Last edited:

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Perfect! Can you also tell me all the items to buy and how much? The wikia doesn't show me pillow talk and plenty of other stuff.

I think I am doing something wrong. Alt Druga literally feels like I am hitting him with a pillow? It takes away the bosses life in dots.

Durga Wicked Weaves are a tad weaker than other weapons, but that's what means more hits to kill the boss, and more hits = more combo points = more Halos!

Andthe cheat section on GameFAQs(lol) has all the prices for unlocking the weapons via the secret method.

Durga Wicked Weaves are a tad weaker than other weapons, but that's what means more hits to kill the boss, and more hits = more combo points = more Halos!

Andthe cheat section on GameFAQs(lol) has all the prices for unlocking the weapons via the secret method.

I'm doing the chapter 7 boss halo farming. I get 500k each run. Is there a faster place to farm halos for the climax or should I just stick to this place?

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Kill me. I thought I can unlock Jeanne after platinuming each chapter above Easy, so I decided to unlock both Jeanne and NSIC in one go on hard mode... Dicn't get her obviously.

I'll just buy her with my infinite money instead now.

A shame the Switch only captures 30s of video. D:

You're pretty good. The speed of bayo 1 just feels so good.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
So I unlocked Eternal Testimony in Bayonetta 1. Do you guys recommed using it?

Also, do you guys recommend trying the game in Easy Mode with Gaze of Despair activated after finishing the game in Hard Mode?

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
So I unlocked Eternal Testimony in Bayonetta 1. Do you guys recommed using it?

Also, do you guys recommend trying the game in Easy Mode with Gaze of Despair activated after finishing the game in Hard Mode?

Eternal Testimony isn't amazing, but it's one of the two accessories that's "all upsides" (the other one being the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa). That makes it a strong default accessory when you don't want to equip any of the other ones. It's also very strong for "Use Torture Attack" Alfheim, "Use Wicked Weave" Alfheims (for Tetsuzanko spam), and the Space Harrier stage. It also pairs great with the Bracelet of Time.

An did once you finish Hard, I don't see much point in doing Easy Mode. Gaze of Despair makes enemies about as fast as they are on Hard, but the lack of remixed enemy waves would probably still mean that Easy+Gaze would be less challenging than Hard. I'd recommend going for any unlockables and collectibles that you don't have, as well as NSIC.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
You know, I've been trying to mix Bullet Climax into my fighting in Bayonetta 1, but most of the time I get Wicked Stomp or a regular kick, when practicing without any enemies. Here's the thing, I'm being very deliberate with my inputs, yet the wicked stomp keeps coming out, even after doing a perfect 360 with out letting the analogue stick let up from the edging. Anyone have any ideas?

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Eternal Testimony isn't amazing, but it's one of the two accessories that's "all upsides" (the other one being the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa). That makes it a strong default accessory when you don't want to equip any of the other ones. It's also very strong for "Use Torture Attack" Alfheim, "Use Wicked Weave" Alfheims (for Tetsuzanko spam), and the Space Harrier stage. It also pairs great with the Bracelet of Time.

An did once you finish Hard, I don't see much point in doing Easy Mode. Gaze of Despair makes enemies about as fast as they are on Hard, but the lack of remixed enemy waves would probably still mean that Easy+Gaze would be less challenging than Hard. I'd recommend going for any unlockables and collectibles that you don't have, as well as NSIC.

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

I was thinking of using Eternal Testimony because I'm a huge fan of Torture Attacks, although it would be useless against certain bosses. I haven't purchased the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa yet, perhaps I should give a try to this one first.

The idea of doing Easy Mode was to unlock Inmortal Marionette, using the Gaze of Despair to make it more challenging. But perhaps I should focus on getting the Bracelet of Time in Normal Mode.

Hard Mode is really hard, it will take a lot of time to get rid of all stone medals I'm getting. I'm really enjoying the game, but I must admit I'm horrible, haha. Infinite Climax seems to be very frustrating for me.

I think I rather unlock Jeanne trying to get Full Platinum in Normal Mode.

I'm amazed of all the possibilities this game gives. I'm not really sure what I should do, or what I want to do, haha.

This took me 150 hours:

rJZKHK9.jpg

YwFyWrh.jpg

sXwgZ9o.jpg

ETk0y57.jpg

aGZfkXk.jpg

5Cd6fzk.jpg

Bring on Bayonetta 2!
kqZIcO5.jpg

Wow!!! I have played like 40 hours and I'm very far of getting this. Great job!!

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Wow!!! I have played like 40 hours and I'm very far of getting this. Great job!!

You're missing quite a few chapters with a 999999 score... better luck next time, come back when you have finished the game for real!

Quite impressive, gratz!

Thanks guys!

Using Gaze of Despair for non-stop climax nearly broke me. Not only was I aiming for the pure platinum medals - but I also really wanted to push myself for high scores.

ipDLItz.jpg

Last edited:

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

I was thinking of using Eternal Testimony because I'm a huge fan of Torture Attacks, although it would be useless against certain bosses. I haven't purchased the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa yet, perhaps I should give a try to this one first.

The idea of doing Easy Mode was to unlock Inmortal Marionette, using the Gaze of Despair to make it more challenging. But perhaps I should focus on getting the Bracelet of Time in Normal Mode.

Hard Mode is really hard, it will take a lot of time to get rid of all stone medals I'm getting. I'm really enjoying the game, but I must admit I'm horrible, haha. Infinite Climax seems to be very frustrating for me.

I think I rather unlock Jeanne trying to get Full Platinum in Normal Mode.

I'm amazed of all the possibilities this game gives. I'm not really sure what I should do, or what I want to do, haha.

Eternal Testimony is great if paired with Gold Pearls from Angel Attack. They stack, which gives you nearly unlimited Pulley's Butterfly's or Tetsunoko's.

Oct 28, 2017
Completed Bayonetta 1 yesterday. I started with Bayo 2. It's kinda annoying I have to unlock everything again. Playing these games reminded me again how good character action games are. It's probably my favorite genre, but I only seem to like games by Platinum, Capcom, Tecmo (with Itagaki). Playing this I'm getting the itch to play Ninja Gaiden again, it's a shame they where never released on PC. I can at least look forward to playing the DMC collection (I have only completed DMC3 years ago).

I wish we had more series with this kind of depth. I kinda blame Western devs for this, they have a talent for making shallow character action games (They are great with other genre's though).

This took me 150 hours:

Bring on Bayonetta 2!
kqZIcO5.jpg

Very impressive. :O

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
So Daedron12 made a critique on Bayo 2, and i must say the majority of it i pretty much agree with, despite enjoying the game overall:

Garou Beast

Oct 31, 2017
So Daedron12 made a critique on Bayo 2, and i must say the majority of it i pretty much agree with, despite enjoying the game overall:

Yup on totally agreeing with him on this. I complain enough about the game particularly the enemy design. I still can't believe people defend Sloth's bullshit and compare him to Grace and Glory. He's terrible!

Garou Beast

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone do a good writeup about Sloth and the other enemies in Bayonetta 2?

Nah, not really. But Daedron did reply back to me and said, "[Sloth] Dodges everything outside of Witch time, has super armour even during witch time, can cancel recovery into attacks for seemingly no reason. They force a very defensive playstyle from the player, even more so than any other enemy in the game. They're just super boring to fight, in a normal run all I do is charge Shuraba, dodge an attack and then release PKP. Kafka does seem to hit them quite often though but good luck getting Platinum with it. I once did a Infinite Climax run without Witch Time by equipping Bracelet of Time but not using it...it was not fun, this enemy is borderline unbeatable at that point. My only option was to slowly chip away or get lucky with hitting very high damage moves, until I had enough magic to torture attack. So yeah, just take the humanoid bosses and make them even worse and you get Sloth."

Also finished Bayo 2, pure platinum Normal to Infinite Climax.
DaIvwVEU8AAhqFi.jpg

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Nah, not really. But Daedron did reply back to me and said, "[Sloth] Dodges everything outside of Witch time, has super armour even during witch time, can cancel recovery into attacks for seemingly no reason. They force a very defensive playstyle from the player, even more so than any other enemy in the game. They're just super boring to fight, in a normal run all I do is charge Shuraba, dodge an attack and then release PKP. Kafka does seem to hit them quite often though but good luck getting Platinum with it. I once did a Infinite Climax run without Witch Time by equipping Bracelet of Time but not using it...it was not fun, this enemy is borderline unbeatable at that point. My only option was to slowly chip away or get lucky with hitting very high damage moves, until I had enough magic to torture attack. So yeah, just take the humanoid bosses and make them even worse and you get Sloth."

Also finished Bayo 2, pure platinum Normal to Infinite Climax.
Thanks!

Also, something I'd like to mention: Sloth can actually be unsafe to attack in witch time; due to his super armor and the way some of his attacks follow up, it can be extremely unsafe to attack in witch time since he'll hit you the moment it ends. Heck, I think I may have gotten hit in witch time once or twice, somehow.