• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I would be surprised if anyone drafted LiAngelo, I think Levar did some real damage to his undrafted sons with his antics this year with Lonzo.And LiAngelo is not Lonzo good, so ................

Melo will be a different story(perhaps)

OP
OP

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This lowkey hilarious lmao

I would be surprised if anyone drafted LiAngelo, I think Levar did some real damage to his undrafted sons with his antics this year with Lonzo.And LiAngelo is not Lonzo good, so ................

Melo will be a different story(perhaps)

I still think undrafted -> signing with a G-League team is what will most likely happen

but if he keeps performing well in the LKL and he kills it at the combine he could honestly go in the second round

imagine Spurs drafting him and developing him into something

OP
OP

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Someone made a pretty good post on the decision to bring Gelo and Melo to Vytautas on r/BBB of all places. And honestly every bit of it is on point

https://www.reddit.com/r/BBB/comments/88nmwd/discussion_big_ballers_how_do_you_feel_about_the/

In the beginning, I was hopeful, but now, I think it has turned out to be a great mistake. LaMelo is not developing or acquiring any skill. According to both LaVar and Mirin Fader of Bleacher Report, team practices do not challenge him, or any of the players. LiAngelo has proved to have a better adjustment to Lithuanian basketball, but it has been hindered by his teammates unwillingness to include him in their offense. I believe this is also why his LKL performance has been slightly inconsistent; he shoots the ball as soon as he receives it because he does not know if he will get another opportunity, leading to poor shot selection. I am aware he currently shoots at 45% but I believe this percentage would be much higher with teammates that will readily pass. The Ball Brothers cannot even be "winners in a losing game," so to speak. They do not have the opportunity to even become the stars on a failing team, despite their talents.

Coach Seskus' inability to firmly instruct his players to involve the brothers is a failing on his part, as well as his resistance to including a faster paced offense. Lavar's run and gun style will not work against professionals who can successfully analyze their opponents offense and have long strides, however, I often see members of the opposing team jog back of defense because they can be sure whoever brings the ball down the court will take 5 seconds of unnecessary dribbling, even if the opponent has temporarily left someone open. I understand Lavar's frustrations with Virginijus. For some inexplicable reason, LaMelo still does not grasp the basic idea of defense, which is to put your body between the opponent and the basket. In the most recent game against Lietkabelis, he stood perpendicular to the offensive player, leaving the lane completely open. Some believe this is due to a lackadaisical attitude on LaMelo's part; but I think the laziness is coming from the coach, who doesn't seem ready or willing to take the extra time to instruct LaMelo. I don't fault LiAngelo for occasionally using post-up moves but he should have been developing his 2-guard (shooting guard) skills. I have barely seen any improvement in his dribbling skills; he rarely attempts mid-range shots inside the arc and he still cannot drive for a layup. Once again, I fault Coach Seskus for not forcing these tools into LiAngelo's tool belt.

The Ball Brothers arrived in the middle of the season, even so, the lack of game tape is disconcerting. LiAngelo has played 10 professional games, while LaMelo has played 7, I believe. This is due to Lavar's decision to have Vytautas remove themselves from the Baltic League. In the beginning, he complained that 2 games a week would not be sufficient to develop his sons; ironically enough, now, the team only plays once a week on average. The novelty effect of the Big Baller Brand Challenge has worn off; the game are now "worthless to watch" (Urbonas), and a once-filled stadium is now empty during them. I believe having the Big Baller Brand Challenges has undermined LaMelo's and LiAngelo's legitimacy as serious and professional athletes because the competition level of the BBB Challenge games is questionable, to say the least.

Even Vytautas' popularity has declined due to the mismanagement of players and social media. Fans no longer take the effort to watch the LKL or BBB games. They are starting to unfollow the Vytautas page. LaMelo and LiAngelo's highlights do not get as many views as they used to. Vytautas is now viewed like the Atlanta Hawks or the Washington Generals; their embarrassment has spread overseas.

I honestly believe LaMelo's draft stock and basketball ability has dropped as a result of this move to Vytautas. I don't know what gave Lavar the impression that Coach Seskus is capable of molding his son into a lottery pick. I hope that either Vytautas completely restructures the team or that the Balls leave to another team after this season is finished.

I can't even say where in the sequence of events that this tragedy could have been avoided. (Obviously, China, but beyond that:) Perhaps, Lavar could have had LiAngelo transfer to another college. Maybe he shouldn't have tried to put LaMelo on a professional team and had him transfer to any of the countless private basketball schools that LaMelo faced during his time in Chino Hills. Maybe they should have pushed harder to renegotiate LaMelo's contract with the Croatian team in the Eurocup. Maybe they should have seen the warning signs in the first month and not signed a contract extension or Lavar could have put his foot down the second he saw any issues, instead of trying to play nice. The BBB games were short-sighted, and maybe the Baltic League would have been better for the Ball Brothers in the long run.

I'm not blaming Lavar, LiAngelo, Harrison, Allen or LaMelo for this poor result. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20, and in the moment, they may have believed they were making the best choice. Regardless, that does not take away from the fact that this situation has been difficulty after difficulty for all parties involved with little reward.

First reply in the thread is dope as well. And yeah looking at it all, LaVar fucked up and got dealt a huge L. He only had two NBA level talents in his kids in Zo and Melo and because Gelo fucked up it most likely will end up causing Melo to take a huge step back in his own development.

Shit was good for entertainment tho I guess.

Also new episode, pregnancy reveal tomorrow. Time to find out when the son or daughter of my son will be born.

Last edited:

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
At least its good for entertainment and material for Ball in the family? They truly are the Kardashians of basketball right now. Maybe that and Lonzo continuing to succeed is all they need to keep the BBB afloat.

Seems like part of the problem is that (at least based on the show), the agent and business manager don't seem to ever disagree with Lavar are just yes men?

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
really sucks for melo

hope is that he manages to land on a good European team next season and LaVar takes a step back

OP
OP

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
for LKL here are their current stats

LiAngelo: http://en.lkl.lt/zaidejai/liangelo-ball

LaMelo: http://en.lkl.lt/zaidejai/lamelo-ball

also looks like Ball in the Family faked an LKL game score for the show

the score was never 13-0

https://www.reddit.com/r/BBB/comments/88yf96/ball_in_the_family_faked_the_score_when_showing/

not a good look at all
wow, Gelo is shooting the 3 really well. Melo, on the other hand, seems to be really struggling.

And yeah, faking the score is not a good look. I kind of understand when they faked the timing of when they found out Gelo had been arrested, but faking the score is going too far.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
for LKL here are their current stats

LiAngelo: http://en.lkl.lt/zaidejai/liangelo-ball

LaMelo: http://en.lkl.lt/zaidejai/lamelo-ball

also looks like Ball in the Family faked an LKL game score for the show

the score was never 13-0

https://www.reddit.com/r/BBB/comments/88yf96/ball_in_the_family_faked_the_score_when_showing/

not a good look at all
wow, Gelo is shooting the 3 really well. Melo, on the other hand, seems to be really struggling.

And yeah, faking the score is not a good look. I kind of understand when they faked the timing of when they found out Gelo had been arrested, but faking the score is going too far.

Why did they even think it would be okay to do this!? People don't even care when they do well so fixing scores is just bad for publicity.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017

Frustrating but rushing him wouldn't be smart

Update: sounds like he'll be getting shutdown for the remainder of the season as well...

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
https://www.facebook.com/ballinthefamily/videos/979538868879218/

New episode was pretty good, looking like they're setting up LaMelo to play in London next year.

The hints with the "faster" pace, and how the crowd is completely different from Lithuania as well as the BBB pop up shop being huge there just make it seem obvious that LaMelo might be on the London Lions next season.

Also with Seskus trying to prove a point to Melo about the faster pace and shoot whenever you want thing in his most recent LKL game

I can't see either of the two brothers staying with BC Vytautas after this season. (Assuming Gelo doesn't get drafted or picked up by a G-League team)

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2018...e-him-minutes-to-show-lavars-style-wont-work/

BBB in London bois

Also, Zo got 0 dance moves

Shit was popping, I was surprised at the turn out even when news first broke, and the show just exaggerated that further.

Zo got his own style tho, jmon

lavar making love to them donuts

That segment was hilarious. Mans was in another world, and also first time they mentioned LaVar's insane sweet tooth.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Good on him. If he turns himself into a good 3pt shooter, he might get to the NBA.

How he still not starting? smh

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
Magic and Rob are so fucking good at their jobs thus far. Lonzo will be better and the idea of that is scary considering the fact that he's so good at everything except scoring.

Last edited:

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Lonzo needs to put on weight/muscle. It'll help a lot with avoiding injuries and making him a consistent shooter.