• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just explain What do they think.
1They do n't know much about Uighurs
2National leaders don't like Uighurs
3Chinese people often discriminate against each other
So
They didn't realize they were accomplices
The following:
They have attacked or even kille han peopled(han is a Nation) before
What reason do you believe they won't attack again(dont ban me)

Is a bit misguided, don't you think? People of all nationalities kill one another in the US, and in Europe. That wouldn't justify locking up people based on their ethnicity or religion.

Asiel

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
The following:

Is a bit misguided, don't you think? People of all nationalities kill one another in the US, and in Europe. That wouldn't justify locking up people based on their ethnicity or religion.
sorry,I modified it now.

It's easy to cause misunderstanding.
Please refresh the page.

Asiel

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Ok I get the internet gap has reduced mainland Chinese from understanding a lot of the world and other people but the banned post from China was not even thinking the Uyghur people who are forced to work under bad conditions is a bad thing. As a Muslim, seeing others trying to justify what fellow Uyghur Muslims are going through as just education and jobs they're doing as career opportunities is not nice to see as it dismisses all the torture and imprisonment happening.
Im sorry,
but we just changed the constitution
Allow leaders to be re-elected for more than two terms
So,A long time

Asiel

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
The following:

Ok,you still don't understand
They think this is the same behavior as high education discriminating against low education
Because China has a single race(90% is han),14years Great Wall of Networks

We even verbally attack because of COVID-19 Returnee(Because they may carry a virus
drive.google.com

捕获3.PNG

Return to China as an asylum seeker, think yourself is grandpa, Please go abroad(Roll like a ball)!)
(Can i send it?)
Comment(Older people are respected in China)

They just talk about it,It's time to help others will still help
They don't think they need to be responsible for what the internet says

Last edited:

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok,you still don't understand
They think this is the same behavior as high education discriminating against low education
Because China has a single race(90% is han),14years Great Wall of Networks

We even verbally attack because of COVID-19 Returnee(Because they may carry a virus
drive.google.com

捕获3.PNG

Return to China as an asylum seeker, think yourself is grandpa, Please go abroad(Roll like a ball)!)
(Can i send it?)
Comment(Older people are respected in China)

They just talk about it,It's time to help others will still help
They don't think they need to be responsible for what the internet says
I don't mean this to be rude. Your English is much better than any second language I speak/write. I'm not sure what you're saying here, however.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't know there was a term for it, just read this article.
www.scmp.com

The rise of the Little Pink: China’s angry young digital warriors

Who are these angry Chinese dominating the internet with their jingoistic rage, where are they from and how did they emerge? We tell you

hmm...you learn something new every day,i was assuming it was a case of:

wbZpKYv.gif

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't know there was a term for it, just read this article.
www.scmp.com

The rise of the Little Pink: China’s angry young digital warriors

Who are these angry Chinese dominating the internet with their jingoistic rage, where are they from and how did they emerge? We tell you
Wow. And also ugh. Anyway, with that insanity hopefully out of the way I do continue to encourage everyone to email represenatives to demand responses regarding the use of slave labor.

Kalle

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Prague, CZ
User Banned (Permanent): Insensitive and callous commentary on a serious matter
Here hoping they got their hands on Switch Pro.

Jssom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Here hoping they got their hands on Switch Pro.

English is not my first language but what I understood from this post is you don't care about the conditions of Uighurs as long as there is a Pro version of the Switch that they are making?

If so fuck you, you are reported.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't trust the Covid19 numbers from China. According to their numbers, ~75% of all patients infected with nCoV19 have recovered . The Chinese government hid the virus and only went public when it became an outbreak. Who truly knows whether the virus has entered the Uyghur concentration camps and the toll it's taking there?

OP
OP

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't trust the Covid19 numbers from China. According to their numbers, ~75% of all patients infected with nCoV19 have recovered . The Chinese government hid the virus and only went public when it became an outbreak. Who truly knows whether the virus has entered the Uyghur concentration camps and the toll it's taking there?
Equally as concerning are the camps the Trump administration and ICE have that still contain a lot of vulnerable people. You're right in not trusting Xi, he's desperate to appear in control

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Equally as concerning are the camps the Trump administration and ICE have that still contain a lot of vulnerable people. You're right in not trusting Xi, he's desperate to appear in control
Yep, can't trust the word of dictators who keep people in concentration camps. Trump trying to basically declare martial law so that he can round up more undocumented immigrants (and even most likely legal immigrants) using COVID19 as cover is more than enough reason to worry more, not less, about the current state of the pandemic.

Praglik

Nov 3, 2017
SH
Living in China right now, a lot of things I read and see around me are no different from US or certain European countries, so I'm very irked when people insult the entire Chinese population or reduce their entire 1.300.000.000 people to one mentality.

A good analogy a friend of mine did the other day: China is just like USA, except the only party allowed is Republican and the only media is Fox News. But the population is no different, there's probably as many "left wing" thinkers in Shanghai as in New York but they are not allowed to talk about it. It's a bit like Singapore: it's very hard to gather momentum against the government here as everything gets better and better each year for the majority of the population. Why change anything when your family went from poor rice farmers to living in a mansion? Never mind the 1% getting fucked on the other side of the country, although anyway you would never really hear about it. So that's for the mentality.

There is a racist, extremist rise here, just like most countries nowadays. Concentration camps in China, refugees camps in Europe and American immigrants detention centers are the extreme manifestation of a rising right-wing mentality. I don't know what we could do to change that, it's very scary.

Thronazuug

Mar 30, 2019
Living in China right now, a lot of things I read and see around me are no different from US or certain European countries, so I'm very irked when people insult the entire Chinese population or reduce their entire 1.300.000.000 people to one mentality.

A good analogy a friend of mine did the other day: China is just like USA, except the only party allowed is Republican and the only media is Fox News. But the population is no different, there's probably as many "left wing" thinkers in Shanghai as in New York but they are not allowed to talk about it. It's a bit like Singapore: it's very hard to gather momentum against the government here as everything gets better and better each year for the majority of the population. Why change anything when your family went from poor rice farmers to living in a mansion? Never mind the 1% getting fucked on the other side of the country, although anyway you would never really hear about it. So that's for the mentality.

There is a racist, extremist rise here, just like most countries nowadays. Concentration camps in China, refugees camps in Europe and American immigrants detention centers are the extreme manifestation of a rising right-wing mentality. I don't know what we could do to change that, it's very scary.
It never is ok to insult Chinese citizens or culture however the decisions Chinese government make and people who openly supports this human rights violation deserves the rightfully harsh critism.

On a different but related note considering how things turned out with Covid, it shows more and more that it is important to have honest, transparent governments however sounds utopic and naive. It doesnt matter what part of the world. We really are in the same ship. It is crystal clear now more than ever.

Last edited:

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to be buying any electronics for a while, I'll be avoiding China manufactured stuff as well. This news comes just 6 months after there were reports about China harvesting organs from uighur people too. Can't believe we are here right now, all so I don't have to buy a $400 Nintendo console, Nintendo, I'm good, take your manufacturing out of China. I'll gladly spend more to avoid this.

Oct 26, 2017
Not going to be buying any electronics for a while, I'll be avoiding China manufactured stuff as well. This news comes just 6 months after there were reports about China harvesting organs from uighur people too. Can't believe we are here right now, all so I don't have to buy a $400 Nintendo console, Nintendo, I'm good, take your manufacturing out of China. I'll gladly spend more to avoid this.
Well this should be good news then:

www.gamesindustry.biz

Nintendo moves some Switch production to Vietnam

Nintendo is moving some production of the Switch to Vietnam, to decrease its dependence on China for manufacturing.The …

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017

Thronazuug

Mar 30, 2019

El sueño

Feb 4, 2018
I have the money for my PS5 but I can wait. If I can do it, I think SONY with all its money can do it too.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
What
What happened to the upcoming article that Jason Schreier promised to publish after looking into the report?
He has published several articles on Kotaku after this thread was made. He even made that clarification thread here in Era in a quick succession.

If one of the best gaming journalist doesn't care about this, no one else will.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a reminder that the gaming press is really not journalism. Stories about SSD speeds, press releases, and reviews are about all you get. Very little that's real or substantial.

Jssom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
He has published several articles on Kotaku after this thread was made. He even made that clarification thread here in Era in a quick succession.

If one of the best gaming journalist doesn't care about this, no one else will.

Disappointing.

I guess a story about a Muslim minority in not a western country being mistreated is not useful in the articles he writes to plug in his books.

And for a moment I thought he cared.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The odd thing is the Uyghur forced to manufacture these products are likely working under crunch and in horrible conditions so you'd think that would be worth investigating and reporting on for videogame journalists like they do for crunch of relatively well off developers, much like regular journalists have done for Uyghur in other aspects. Like these game journos read up on the same sources of news that we all do, so it's not complete ignorance surely but is there a hesitance or fear for reporting this or not wanting to go to that lack of comfort in investigating it? Even outside of in-depth investigations, just reporting on the information from other outlets would be enough for now. It's just odd that outlets like Kotaku, Polygon, GameSpot, IGN, Game Informer, etc etc fail to mention it. Just search for the outlet name and uyghur, no hits.

Like how are non-gaming outlets such as Quartz, BBC, Techspot,Vice somehow mentioning Uyghur in relation to videogames when you're censored from saying "Uyghur" in League Of Legends but gaming outlets are not?
qz.com

Gamers are scrutinizing League of Legends for signs of China’s censorship

China's efforts to influence global discourse around it have put a spotlight on Tencent, the world's largest video-game publisher.

The only gaming outlet to mention the Uyghur LoL issue is PC Gamer.
www.pcgamer.com

Riot says ban on the name of a Chinese ethnic minority in League of Legends was unintentional

The ban on 'Uyghur' was triggered by an automated chat filter, and has since been fixed.

Thronazuug

Mar 30, 2019
I think, it's time to make another thread calling out this silent "journalist" issue after almost a month passed and gaming "journalists" and sites are dead silent about slave labour reports.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think, it's time to make another thread calling out this silent "journalist" issue after almost a month passed and gaming "journalists" and sites are dead silent about slave labour reports.
Admittedly people are kinda under the threat of coronavirus so there's probably little they can do to expedite investigations. Both of these things hit af a bad time.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Admittedly people are kinda under the threat of coronavirus so there's probably little they can do to expedite investigations. Both of these things hit af a bad time.
It's not like they even need to do much investigating, they could just do a "BBC: Uyghur muslims used as slave labor in Chinese factories used by big western companies" headline and just report on what BBC has investigated. Maybe try to ask Sony, Nintendo, Google, Apple & Microsoft for a comment, but it's not like they need to spend ages doing their own investigation into the matter, other than some fact checking to make sure to get details right.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's not like they even need to do much investigating, they could just do a "BBC: Uyghur muslims used as slave labor in Chinese factories used by big western companies" headline and just report on what BBC has investigated. Maybe try to ask Sony, Nintendo, Google, Apple & Microsoft for a comment, but it's not like they need to spend ages doing their own investigation into the matter, other than some fact checking to make sure to get details right.
Exactly what I've been saying. A little lip service to what others have been reporting still goes a long way. If PC Gamer can do it and they're not the biggest, others should be able to. There is little excuse if journalists do care about the plight of labour workers.

Menace

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Islamophobia, bigotry, dismissing human rights abuses.
Mod Edit: Bigoted and inflammatory comment removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

m.i.s.

Oct 30, 2017
England, UK
^^ Quite possibly, the most racist, reductive, whataboutery opening post in the history of the internet?

No shortage of those on the internet sadly. Plenty of cyber warriors hiding behind their keyboards.