• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Beard dye?

• Try it

Votes: 34 28.3%
  • It’s always a mistake

Votes: 86 71.7%

• Total voters

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have light facial hair that's hard to see so it doesn't look full but FaceApp gave me dark facial hair and I like it so should I dye my facial hair or is that crazy? I'm a superficial person who has tried fake tanning, for reference

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My beard is grey and black, and honestly I've toyed with the idea, but sod the upkeep.

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
Fun fact you can legally and ethically dye your hair even if you don't identify as vain.

Go on you madlad!

edit: also you should make sure you buy face-friendly hair dye not regular stuff, do an allergy test, or you could experiment with powdered beard/eyebrow darkeners, those are a thing.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Anyone tried that kind that you wash in and it gradually darkens your hair over multiple uses? So you stop using it once it's the color you want. Seems like a good idea so you dont end up with jet black facial hair or something. But no clue if it actually works well.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I did it for a while as I started graying.. it's fine and easy. You need to be careful though as that shit gets everywhere.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
I have light facial hair that's hard to see so it doesn't look full but FaceApp gave me dark facial hair and I like it so should I dye my facial hair or is that crazy? I'm a superficial person who has tried fake tanning, for reference
It works, but follow the instructions and make sure to get one slightly lighter than your hair because it sets in darker I have noticed. Also I mean it when I say follow the directions, or you might end up like me saying "oh ill just leave it a few minutes longer for slightly darker beard" and have a black beard.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've never tried it myself. As a person with an especially long beard, I can't stand to add anything to the maintenance routine. Best of luck with it though!

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
It's very difficult to do properly in a way that won't look like you took a sharpie to your beard.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Try it. I have a white beard now so dyed it. Looked weird, not for me, but you might like it.

Deleted member 13015

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As long as it doesn't look painted on, this like:

d4t813uobkry.png

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Big mistake. My face is stained. Looks like I was putting shoe polish on my jaw and it's now a patchy mess. I'm gonna go to the beauty supply store and see if they have the hair dye stain removing wipes in stock.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Big mistake. My face is stained. Looks like I was putting shoe polish on my jaw and it's now a patchy mess. I'm gonna go to the beauty supply store and see if they have the hair dye stain removing wipes in stock.

hair dye usually goes away in several days, I wouldn't worry about it

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Coloring hair will usually leave stains on the underlying skin but they come off in a day or two.

Might I suggest hiding in your room for a few days, OP?

Oct 28, 2017
What's the worst that could happen? If it looks great, you'll be happy you did it. If it looks terrible, shave it off and start again. Low risk high reward.

Maven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Earth

Why start these stupid threads if you're not going to post a picture.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I dye my facial hair black from time to time. I have thinner blonde and red hair, so it does make it show up better. However, since its so thin, i have a hard time not getting the dye to get on my skin underneath. I do like the look of dirty blondish on head and black beard on myself. I say give it a try.

Edit: i see you had that same problem op lol. It'll go away on skin in like 2 days. The dye stays in for a few weeks, more if you don't wash it as much.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
If you do, make sure you dye it slightly lighter than the darkest colour in your beard otherwise it will look fake.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are these faces you are making OP. Like some Zoolander shit going on here.

You have to grow it out.

From the color of your hair I think you would actually have a fairly red beard if you grew it in fully.

If you can't really grow it then shave regularly. You're jaw line is fine and with your haircut and all you kinda have that clean cut vibe going on so I don't see why you're really even going for the beard in the first place.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
What are these faces you are making OP. Like some Zoolander shit going on here.

You have to grow it out.

From the color of your hair I think you would actually have a fairly red beard if you grew it in fully.

If you can't really grow it then shave regularly. You're jaw line is fine and with your haircut and all you kinda have that clean cut vibe going on so I don't see why you're really even going for the beard in the first place.
I made a face to play with FaceApp :(

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
The wipes I bought burn horribly so that's a no go. Facial oil didn't do shit either.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Beards are best when they are natural to your face.

Do what you like, though. Being best doesn't mean it's what you're most comfortable with.