• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Streets of Rage 2. Still the GOAT.

nwWWaYr.gif
I hope SOR4 steals its crown

Last edited:

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't look like Cyborg justice has been mentioned yet.
It was a brawler on the Mega Drive in which you play as a cyborg and choose your loadout at the start from available arms, bodies and legs. The twist is that you can actually tear off the limbs of enemies and either use them yourself or just thrown them back at them.
Armored Warriors actually has the same mechanic of stealing limbs from enemies.

May 9, 2018
I always enjoy a good Beat 'em up. A personal favorite of mine is Knights of the Round. It's not as advanced as Capcom's D&D games, but just as enjoyable IMO.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I always enjoy a good Beat 'em up. A personal favorite of mine is Knights of the Round. It's not as advanced as Capcom's D&D games, but just as enjoyable IMO.

I really like the Snes port of this. While its got a few concessions over the arcade version, putting the block/counter command on its own button really changed the game for me. Superb fun, but that final boss was a tough guy to beat. Likewise, I have a big soft spot for King of Dragons, which I must have replaced tons of times on the Capcom belt collection.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I bought the Capcom D&D Arcade Beat 'Em up Bundle and beat both them a couple days ago. I thought the RPG lite systems were really interesting for an Arcade game. Would like to see this idea explored further today.

Last edited:

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
So I bought the Capcom D&D Arcade Beat 'Em up Bundle and beat both them a couple days ago. I thought the RPG lite systems were really interesting for an Arcade game. Would live to see this idea explored further today.
How's the emulation quality and online play on Steam? I heard they added extra features and design updates too.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
So sad AAA beat em ups aren't being made for the last couple generations.

I would so invest in a crazy modern gen graphics multiplayer beat em up.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
ps2_urban_reign-110214.jpg

Fantastic game with tons of replay value due to the ability to unlock a myriad of characters as you progress, including Paul and Law from Tekken.

Namco really should clean this up and re-release it at some point.

This feels like the last Beat 'em up that I seriously played. Shame the genre isn't what it once was, but I'm hoping Streets of Rage 4 can change that.

contologics

Oct 25, 2017
lf2.png

I have to give a shout out to Little Fighter 2, which is probably one of the best freeware games I've ever played. The game did so many things right, and the core gameplay loop was fun.

Yo yo yo yo. Shout outs for bring something from my childhood I forgot I played! There were so many nutty additions you can make to this game, (especially the Dragonball Z inspired characters that were downright broken). It was fun as hell!

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
I played an awful lot of Dancing Sword: Senkou Flash on GBA many moons ago. It's a not particularly great game in retrospect, but pulling off specials thru rhythm based timing button presses felt satisfying enough for me to keep playing.

dancing-sword-senkou-gba-japan-screenshot-2.png

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
So sad AAA beat em ups aren't being made for the last couple generations.

I would so invest in a crazy modern gen graphics multiplayer beat em up.

I really don't think it's needed for this genre. I'd be more than happy with a Capcom CPS-3 beat em up. Hell, ill take a CPS-2 Final Fight 4 at this point with lots of playable characters and branching paths. That is all. Beat em ups get kinda iffy for me when they're in 3D and to a certain extent, 2.5D. Fighting Force was the closest to capturing the spirit, but was a little clunky. God Hand is more of a melee character action game and Yakuza is really its own thing.

Nov 2, 2017

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Man, Konami's Vendetta (Crime Fighters 2) and Violent Storm are really fun.
Both are better than Neo Geo's Burning Fight, which is still a good game in its own right.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Love beat em' ups so much, thanks for this thread. I'm loving MUA3, I feel like it's one of the best co-op best em' ups in recent years.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Just discovered today that Scott Pilgrim runs pretty damn well on Xenia, the 360 emulator. The game is pretty much flawless on RPCS3 after some settings adjustments, but for people who bought the game on 360, now's a good time to dump your files.

Also, all of you should play Super Final Fight Gold+. It's a fan game, but running through Final Fight stages as Blanka is fun nonetheless.