• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend that's a semi-aspiring YouTuber (he knows it's a bit of a pipe dream but is having fun anyway).

He's particularly proud of the thumbnail for his Beat Saber Video.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Phew...got $100 Bill done on expert. Getting the hang of things. Hopefully I can start to manage the other songs soon.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend that's a semi-aspiring YouTuber (he knows it's a bit of a pipe dream but is having fun anyway).

He's particularly proud of the thumbnail for his Beat Saber Video.

I enjoyed your friends video and editing. I would like to become a YouTuber myself or at least start a podcast, but I'm 38 with a family and a full time job lol. Good video though...

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I was excited to pick the game up tonight, then realized I lost the USB-A Male to USB-A Male cable that connects my Vive control box to my computer. I ordered a cheap one off Amazon, but I'll have to wait til Thursday. :(

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the custom community is sensible with the note charts. The best thing about the game is how well crafted the charts are. They flow beautifully. There's plenty of room for score variance by virtue of slicing precision alone. No need to make ridiculous and unflowing note charts.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I've watched 5 different people try this game for the first time without seeing anyone else play it or being coached at all, and all 5 thought you were supposed to stab the dot blocks. (I thought the same)

The symbol should be arrows pointing in all 8 directions, not a dot.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know when they're gonna release this for PSVR?
When it gets out of early access.

I've watched 5 different people try this game for the first time without seeing anyone else play it or being coached at all, and all 5 thought you were supposed to stab the dot blocks. (I thought the same)

The tutorial explains it though!

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Do elbows have muscles on the inside? Because mine are killing me today. Maybe it's tendons? Whatever, they're sore and I have no regrets.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Does it? I played the tutorial, so I completely missed this somehow.

I also think the dot is a poor indicator. I kind of feel like an "any direction" block should just be blank, or something. (Also, there should be an actual forward thrust block.)
That's how I learned it. I do agree the icon could be more intuitive on first look, but once you know what it is, you know what it is and it's really easy to read.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Really? I think it looks fine. It seems like they were going for fast drumming action but without much variety, so it probably doesn't require much learning, if any.

OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Thats what i thought initially too. But i think i got a fail when i stab while in the tutorial

Oct 25, 2017
Bought last night. Really cool presentation. Admitting the saber part is what sold me initially, but, the original songs aren't bad and throwing in stuff like obstacles is fun.

I only played one level of Hard so far in the couple minutes, but, I feel like that may be the preferred way to play because of the number of movements. I'll set my kids up on easy, but, Hard felt right even if it was tough.

Bloodforge

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Picked this up a few days ago and love it. I get pretty tired after 4 or 5 songs, lol, good workout.

I'm finding Hard to be a bit easy now but Expert is still way too out of my league. The jump in difficulty is pretty large.

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017

My girlfriend thought so too. A solid white outline would be the best way to show you can attack them at any angle.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Went through some of the custom songs today. There are some neat ideas and definitely some cool patterns, for sure, but the community on average don't make the best beat maps.

I'm gonna go through some more later, but for now, very high recommendation for the Imagine Dragons song, Believer. The chart is fantastic, in line with other expert-difficult songs, and is a blast to play.

Modding is hyper easy, BTW. Extract a zip in a folder and drop one .exe onto another. That's it!

Edit: After doing it again, Believer is easily the best beat chart in the game, exceeding any of the included songs. It's incredible. DO IT.

Last edited:

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
I only have 1 friend on my list who plays this game and it would be cool to compare scores with more people so here's my steam ID

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Feel free to add me!

OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yah i didn't expect it to be that fast too.

an update was released yesterday.
This is the first update of Beat Saber. We focused on fixing bugs and tweaking small details.
  • When using Oculus Touch controllers in-game pause is triggered by press of a thumbstick (OpenVR SDK) or long press of a left controller's menu button (Oculus SDK).
  • Adjustable player height settings added.
  • Audio volume settings added.
  • Fixed UI bug in leaderboards.
  • Fixed LIV SDK crashing bug.
  • Fixed few errors in some levels.
  • Fixed no arrows mode with mirror option turned on.
  • Room transformation now works with LIV plugin.
  • Small visual tweaks and few renamed labels.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
I smashed the hell out of my hand playing this the other day. You really need some room to play it. Really love the game though. Probably the best rhythm game I've ever played. Really hope they update it a lot with new songs environments, features and what not.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
This game is so good. I've been playing it everyday since I got it a few days ago. Beat like 6 songs on expert now. The level editor will be a gane changer though.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Watching people play the game on youtube/twitch, I've seen many people accidentally pressing the Steam VR button several times. The most popular example is Jeff Gerstman playing Beat Saber in the latest VRodeo.

I have to confess that it also happened to me a few times, in one of the youtube comments someone mentioned that you can disable/enable the Steam VR button in the developer section of the Steam VR menu.
I have never done this but if anyone wants to try it...

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
That's pretty confident of her playing like that... maybe she get's Vive controllers for free from a sponsor and smashes them up by the minute lol

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty confident of her playing like that... maybe she get's Vive controllers for free from a sponsor and smashes them up by the minute lol

Well if it's your job to make interesting content, gotta break some controllers.

I'd love to see them add a nunchuck mode (with simulated chuck-sabers) as well as single controller dual saber (so you don't have to rig it physically).

OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

She works for LIV inc, the company which creates the LIV client tool to record mixed reality videos. They are also selling a modular green screen set up, and is working with bunch of vr studios

Those equipments are most likely properties of the company.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Alright it's really starting to click now.

Almost all B ranks on Expert now. Does it take an FC for A rank?

I'm close to an FC for a few (missed a single note on Legend, $100 Bill and LVL Insane will be next).