• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Just bought this, damn it's fun! I just wish it had more songs, but I guess they'll be adding them later...?

Edit: Just going through this thread now, seems like people can make beats or something? Damn, need to read about this!

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I've had a ton of fun with this on PSVR, but man, it'd be really awesome to be able to queue up some Christmas songs. Intensely jealous of the PC version lol.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I KILL PXLS
Currently playing your Phil Collins I can feel it in the air tonight with a friend after a lot of whisky... It's killing us haha having a great time, nice work!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up for PSVR with some Christmas gift cards and it's so good. Probably the best thing I've played so far in VR. Had to take the day off from playing yesterday since my arms and shoulders were so sore from playing it the two days before. A must have for anyone that is a fan of rhythm games.

Would love to have some more people on my friends list for the leaderboards. I think I only have one other person that plays the game. I've been starting off playing the songs on Hard a bunch before I move on to Expert, which I'll switch over to before too long I think. My PSN is MrJellyBean. Feel free to send a friend request if you need some more people for Hard and eventually Expert leaderboards.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
As I went back to the game I was suprised to see we still don't have the official custom song implementation/level editor.. do we know what happened with that in the past ~7 month ?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
As I went back to the game I was suprised to see we still don't have the official custom song implementation/level editor.. do we know what happened with that in the past ~7 month ?
They've been a little cagey about it. At first I think they backed off on their original promise since the community had put one out before them that was perfectly functional. I think they originally planned to put something out quick that worked but wasn't super functional but the community version filled that void even more than they had plan to themselves, so they decided to take more time to do something that would be worth replacing it. Then they decided to focus on the PSVR version of the game which put PC updates on the backburner before finishing that editor (I'm speculating on whether they even restarted working on the editor though). Now that the PSVR version is done, they're focusing back on the PC version but the community song editor has evolved since then and I would bet, after looking in to it for the PSVR version during that development, they're getting gun shy about creating an official song editor in case it would put them on shakey legal ground. In other words, I bet we never see an official editor.

Moshio

Oct 27, 2017
Forgot to check if there was an OT before bumping the PSVR announcement thread, so may be better to ask here:

Is it normal for the Move controllers to drift while playing this game? I've recalibrated the controllers, headset, and camera. I also adjusted the light in my room a few different ways, but after playing a song they usually are pointing to the right or left a little bit if you point the controllers forward towards the camera (sometimes close to 45 degrees if I move the controller quickly enough). Hiding the controllers from the camera readjusts them for a bit, but that's not too feasible during a song.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Forgot to check if there was an OT before bumping the PSVR announcement thread, so may be better to ask here:

Is it normal for the Move controllers to drift while playing this game? I've recalibrated the controllers, headset, and camera. I also adjusted the light in my room a few different ways, but after playing a song they usually are pointing to the right or left a little bit if you point the controllers forward towards the camera (sometimes close to 45 degrees if I move the controller quickly enough). Hiding the controllers from the camera readjusts them for a bit, but that's not too feasible during a song.

no, there is probably something wrong with your setup. you are either too close, or too far from the camera, or try to put the camera a bit above you or at least at head level, not below. Check for reflective surfaces behind you.
You can hold the options button on a move between each song to do a quick calibration.
Also, never ever use rest mode before playing vr, cold boot the ps4, and when you turn on the headset, put it on a stable surface before turning it on, do not move it/hold it when you turn it on for 10/15s, the gyros inside are calibrating.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
this game is so addictive

randomly started playing it a couple days ago and now my entire body is sore and I still keep going back to it every couple hours

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Wow can't believe I slept on this game. It's addictive. I want to play when my back is hurting. I was dripping sweat...can't be good for my Rift.

When the song is thumping and the beat track is well made (Uptown funk so good!) to mimic a dance, or drums for that song, it's super fun! I hope the community grows and good songs flourish.

The laser sabers vibrating when touching, or making the floor melt, is so satisfying. I want even more awesome details like that.

I want Beat Saber 2 in a couple of years, with even better everything.

Oct 28, 2017
I went from playing this game on PSVR to buying a new PC and an Oculus Rift to play the better PC version. I've been loving it so far. 15 hours in just a few days already, and you definitely feel the wear on you too. One gripe I have with custom songs is when people try to sync notes to the lyrics. That almost never feels good.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I went from playing this game on PSVR to buying a new PC and an Oculus Rift to play the better PC version. I've been loving it so far. 15 hours in just a few days already, and you definitely feel the wear on you too. One gripe I have with custom songs is when people try to sync notes to the lyrics. That almost never feels good.

Ya, the custom songs are a mixed bag. So many bad songs to wade through, and so many times I'm happy to find a song I like and the mapping turns out to be horrible. The Pop Star customs before the official one were like prime examples of a great song but mapping that felt off.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
this game has the best learning curve

been playing it for a few days now and have a couple songs that were way above my ability that i've been throwing myself at occasionally

didn't quite beat them(almost..) but I played them today and because i've been getting faster over time it literally felt like I was playing them at half speed,felt like I had all sorts of time instead of flailing around

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
I started playing this game about 2 weeks ago now on my Vive and it's been great fun. I wanted to see how much weight I'd lose if I played the game while not altering the way I eat. I started the game on Hard and Expert from the beginning while using the "no fail" option to learn the songs if I needed to, which ended up being great fun. I think I put about an hour or so every day and so far I've lost 11 lbs, which is way more than I thought I'd lose. Let's go Beat Saber diet!

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I started playing this game about 2 weeks ago now on my Vive and it's been great fun. I wanted to see how much weight I'd lose if I played the game while not altering the way I eat. I started the game on Hard and Expert from the beginning while using the "no fail" option to learn the songs if I needed to, which ended up being great fun. I think I put about an hour or so every day and so far I've lost 11 lbs, which is way more than I thought I'd lose. Let's go Beat Saber diet!

Congrats! I love to hear those stories.

With a very stressful job, wife and small kid I have very limited time. It's so hard for me to get motivated after 9pm when I have finally time to work out. But VR really helps me to work out on a regular basis because I can simply go into my VR room, train for half an hour and have a lot of fun doing it.

Beat Saber can be a great workout as the higher difficulties get pretty intense. I use Beat Saber as a warm up game for a couple songs on hard. Then I switch to BoxVR to do some intense sessions.

Thank god for VR cover replacement foams.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Congrats! I love to hear those stories.

With a very stressful job, wife and small kid I have very limited time. It's so hard for me to get motivated after 9pm when I have finally time to work out. But VR really helps me to work out on a regular basis because I can simply go into my VR room, train for half an hour and have a lot of fun doing it.

Beat Saber can be a great workout as the higher difficulties get pretty intense. I use Beat Saber as a warm up game for a couple songs on hard. Then I switch to BoxVR to do some intense sessions.

Thank god for VR cover replacement foams.

Thanks!

I have a box of those alcohol prep pads that are like 3 dollars for 100 pads and I use them to clean the headset and facepad after each use (VR cover pads). Helped me alot.

Drakken

Oct 28, 2017
New PS4 and PSV4 owner here. Have long wanted to try this, so I was very excited to try it out today after purchasing it recently. Just as I expected - it's awesome, and as a drummer/bemani game fan, I took to it almost immediately.

Learned the hard way that I should be limiting my playtime, though. This was only my third PSVR session, and I went at it for at least an hour because I got so sucked in (well... that and because I kept failing the Unlimited Power mission where you can't have more than 5 bad hits and wouldn't allow myself to stop before getting through that). Didn't feel so hot for awhile afterward; actually had to lie down for an hour or two instead of resuming my computer work. I think the combination of the physical exertion plus my eyes/brain not being super used to extended VR sessions got to me.

Still - hyped to revisit this (maybe after taking a break tmrw) and continue progressing through the campaign/mission mode. It's a lot of fun when you really get into a groove. Should be a great game/experience to introduce to friends.

ProbablyRobbie

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I have been playing the hell out of the game for about a month now. We finally beat the campaign and now we are going for the platinum trophy. The flawless trophy is kicking my ass. SS rank on expert with no modifiers, anyone done this? What song did everyone do? I've just been picking the shortest songs.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
My wife and I have been playing the hell out of the game for about a month now. We finally beat the campaign and now we are going for the platinum trophy. The flawless trophy is kicking my ass. SS rank on expert with no modifiers, anyone done this? What song did everyone do? I've just been picking the shortest songs.

be there for you , 100$ bill and country rounds are the ones i do SS the most.
be there for you was my first SS, not that hard if you can handle those 2 special parts ( you will know which ones :p )

ProbablyRobbie

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
be there for you , 100$ bill and country rounds are the ones i do SS the most.
be there for you was my first SS, not that hard if you can handle those 2 special parts ( you will know which ones :p )

Shit! I was hoping you wouldn't say be there for you. I tried that a few times. Minus those 2 parts its not too hard, but man those parts are challenging for sure.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Shit! I was hoping you wouldn't say be there for you. I tried that a few times. Minus those 2 parts its not too hard, but man those parts are challenging for sure.
A good way (for me) to do those parts without problems is to focus on the first RED one of each series, like you just focus on the first RED one on the left than wave your arms then focus on the next RED one on the middle and wave then the first RED one on the right and wave.
You will hit every bloc without knowing exactly how you did it but it works for me :p , most of the time

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
First DLC pack available this month for both PSVR and PC. No specific date yet

Source: Their Twitter page. I dunno how to embed.

Drakken

Oct 28, 2017
Got the last As I needed on Expert!

D0QzoBDWwAANYEA.jpg
D0QzoBFXgAETH_2.jpg

Pop Stars was a lot of fun as always, and Angel Voices was a fittingly epic song to go out on. Would be neat to get some additional longer tracks in the game.

Skimmed through a few of the songs on Expert+. 😅 Definitely going to need to make use of the Slow modifier for the first time.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
So keen for music pack!

Also Expert+ is seeming more as more doable each time I tackle it (with No Fail enabled). Although, some songs are easier than others, no doubt. Legend/Escape in particular are pretty easy.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
music pack is fine but for such a price in an official pack, i wasn't expecting 2/3 of the content to simply... not be there.
10 songs but it's classic dual saber mode only, no dot bloc mode, no single saber mode.
Maybe they warned us about that and i missed it, probably, but still.
i'm a bit salty.

Almeister

Oct 25, 2017
No single sober mode what, that's like the one mode hat makes you actually feel like a Jedi and custom tracks never do

Roz

Nov 10, 2017
I will get the DLC tracks soon enough but right now I am really enjoying the OST2 tracks

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just got this and enjoying but feel like I'm missing something.

On campaign level 8a and it's to get 125000 score. I must of done it about ten times now with most of the time getting 100 percent but I'm still always at least ten thousand away from the required score.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017

On campaign level 8a and it's to get 125000 score. I must of done it about ten times now with most of the time getting 100 percent but I'm still always at least ten thousand away from the required score.

Yeah, the scoring system is garbage.

You need to do big swings, basically.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

I found that holding the controller by the very end helps with my score

OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll be updating the OT when I am free, now that we are almost a year into its release

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Nah. Timing doesn't matter at all.

All about "angles."

https://twitter.com/BeatSaber/status/992782948515622913

90 degrees before the cut, 60 degrees after. So, big swings.

Ridiculous scoring system.
Huh, that's what I previously thought but I never felt like I actually scored better when consciously trying to do cleaner cuts. I guess when I strike earlier it's with my arms fully outstretched, meaning it's incidentally a better, cleaner angle

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Nah. Timing doesn't matter at all.

All about "angles."

https://twitter.com/BeatSaber/status/992782948515622913

90 degrees before the cut, 60 degrees after. So, big swings.

Ridiculous scoring system.

not quite, it's a angle matter, and an angle matter only. big swings are not necessary as long as you do 90° before the cut 60° after , you can do that with a quick move of the wrist without doing any big swing at all. it's almost easier in fact to pop 100+ with a quick snap of the wrist.
angles are everything. relative movement of your hand/saber hilt in space do not matter, only its rotation.

Last edited:

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I'm not enjoying this game so much anymore because of my disappointment with the difficulty options. I've gotten somewhat used to Expert+, but with most songs it's not fun to play at that level. The maps often feel overcharted or just don't mesh well with the beat, and I swear I'm missing notes that I shouldn't be. Meanwhile most Expert level songs have become braindead easy. I think Expert should have been more difficult from the get-go, or there should be a step between Expert and Expert+. And I think the Expert+ charts in the base game songs are poorly made.

Also, the game has been performing worse with each update and I don't know why. I have a 6700k @4.5GHz and a 1080 Ti. I've lowered the settings and I still get stuttering sometimes.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Arms are hurting after extensive Expert+ session.

Anyone managed to get the first part of 'Unlimited Power' down (just after the "coming from overhead..." lyrics where you have to duck)?

I've played a lot of Beat Saber and can stumble my way through most Expert+ variants, but can't reliably make my way through this!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Price increase as the game leaves early access https://uploadvr.com/beat-saber-price-increase/

Also level editor coming which will let you use your 'own' music tracks and create your own levels. It would be awesome if this was somehow compatible with existing modded levels and worked on quest. Or if the external modding community released a tool to convert to whatever format the game needs

They're also talking about doing licensed tracks with major artists. Will be a challenge but fingers crossed - I'd be completely happy paying a few dollars for quality licensed tunes with good choreography

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Price increase as the game leaves early access https://uploadvr.com/beat-saber-price-increase/

Also level editor coming which will let you use your 'own' music tracks and create your own levels. It would be awesome if this was somehow compatible with existing modded levels and worked on quest. Or if the external modding community released a tool to convert to whatever format the game needs

They're also talking about doing licensed tracks with major artists. Will be a challenge but fingers crossed - I'd be completely happy paying a few dollars for quality licensed tunes with good choreography
Yep. I posted a thread about it here.

Also of note, a bunch of the bigger mappers of the community released an unofficial song pack with 20+ tracks for the anniversary of Beat Saber's release. It even includes a campaign with unlockable sabers, platforms, and difficulties (or you can just download the pack itself).

https://www.reddit.com/r/beatsaber/comments/bkfnjo/anniversary_song_pack_and_campaign_are_official/