• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AB treats their employees better than 90+% of craft breweries so it's probably a good thing for the employees.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
Made it to Great Notion, Ecliptic, Ex Novo, Cascade, MT (it was right next to Cascade and they only had one thing that wasn't available in SD which I tried and was just as good as anything brewed in SD.) and Upright. Also made it to Belmont Station of which I'm posting this from right now (picking up some FG 3-way and de Garde.) This city is fantastic. Upright, Cascade, and Great Notion being the stand outs. Thanks for the suggestions y'all! I'll be here till Tuesday so I might be going to more but I think I'll try to visit a few hiking spots for my last few days. Went to Forest Park today which was a great light hike.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Only in the Ardennes one can drink a beer with a castle ruin, church, river and a M4 Sherman tank in the background.

IMG-1915.jpg

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ran into Sam Adams 76 earlier this year and really enjoyed it, but it seems to be disappearing from the stores I used to buy it at. Very disappointed... Anything similar out there? It was a very refreshing Lager-style beer.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depending on your area the lager market is crazy strong right now. Tons of amazing options in Colorado.

A widely available pilsner I love is Firestone Pivo pils.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PFriem Pilsner in cans yo.

I've had that in a bottle before and remember liking it. I'll see if I can find it in a can!

Depending on your area the lager market is crazy strong right now. Tons of amazing options in Colorado.

A widely available pilsner I love is Firestone Pivo pils.

Haven't tried Firestone's Pilsner before. I do remember liking their Velvet Merlin Stout when I was into heavier and darker beers many years ago. Thanks for the suggestion!

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if you Pilsner lovers in the US can get it easily, but Bitburger is a really nice German Pilsner

Talking of beers, the Phillips perfect draft system has a pretty great and expanding selection.

Although, I think that it might be price prohibitive in North America

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Visiting my dad this weekend and since he's a total hermit I went out with him for an evening of good beer in my old high school town. Where there suddenly is like 500% more restaurants/cafes/bars, including a craft beer bar with a nice selection. Came across this in their toilet rooms:

fAgqklw.jpg
rtaCLsQ.jpg

vVkoPPU.gif

A for effort :)

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Just got back from 450 North down in Columbus, IN. My buddy and I had one of everything except the Kolsch and the two ciders at the bottom (had those last time).

fhqlaSY.jpg

aGFvXzE.jpg

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Found Mac & Jack's Resolution IPA at a Safeway yesterday. First time I've seen any form of Mac & Jack's in can or bottle form. Picked up a 6 pack and looking forward to giving it a try even though I've kind of grown to dislike a lot of IPAs in the last couple of years.

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
Going to Chicago next week. Recommendations?
I had some really great beers at Centennial Craft Beer when I was out there on a business trip. It's not a brewery but they have great local stuff on tap and bottles. And the bartenders really know their beers. I didn't eat there but the food that came out looked good. Would recommend.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
Going to Chicago next week. Recommendations?

Only visited a few times but you could probably get some stuff from Marz, Half Acre, Pipeworks, Revolution, and Off Color. Toppling Goliath usually has some good distro there too which is always great stuff. Hopefully someone from Chicago can chime in before your trip.

CoolS

Oct 28, 2017
Going to Riga in two weeks. We already read a lot about the craft beer scnece an breweres there. Really excited to experience it first hand. Does anyone have any recommendations by chance?

It's funny though, even thogh I really enjoy a nice craft beers these days, the classic german styles I grew up with will always be my favourites, especially when casually drinking with friends.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
My fourth batch of homebrew is almost done bottle-conditioning. Hope this one tastes better than my first 3. The gravity-check samples have me hopeful

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
Brewed my first sour beer after reading American Sour Beer: Innovative Techniques for Mixed Fermentations. It'll be at the very least 6 months before I get something out of it probably, but I'll definitely be tasting along the way. I'm going the clean fermentation first and transferring to a secondary, then dropping bottle dregs along the way approach. Obviously a risky approach but I've got nothing but time!

Also, enjoying wet-hop/fresh hop season very much right now.

strang

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to be in Portland Maine for a couple days next week. Any good beer spots worth checking out in the area?

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle

I love Paste's lists since they're always done in a blind set up removing hype. Glad to see Fremont at #3, as well as pFriem, Great Notion, de Garde and Breakside repping the PNW.

With that said, it is pretty funny that Monkish is on the honorable mention list and Holy Mountain didn't even make that. Paste requires breweries to send in beers for their tastings, and I don't think either brewery has ever done so or even cares. The list definitely does skew to the East coast, but that makes sense since that's where Paste is located and what they can obtain without asking for freebies.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Side Project at 7 w/ JK at 5 is.. questionable to me.

Barely making a passing mention at SPs stouts, and not even mentioning their Barleywines?

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Side Project at 7 w/ JK at 5 is.. questionable to me.

Barely making a passing mention at SPs stouts, and not even mentioning their Barleywines?

They've probably never had them. Their blind tasting lists always require breweries to send them their beers if they're not available at retail where they are. They're awesome tasting rankings to read through and they remove the hype but they also always have glaring omissions but unless they trade for them they're always be there.

They didn't reference Fremont's fresh hop project, either, which is really odd.

Lists are always debatable, but I still like it.