• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Really digging this right now, out everywhere but isn't showing up as active on Apple Music for me as of yet despite the cover being up

Edit- now out on Apple Music

Last edited:

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, I never took this guy seriously and thought he was a joke. I was wrong. He puts out some good, catchy music and seems like a really nice dude. Will give it a listen.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fantastic album. Post Malone is truely our generations Bob Dylan. I love you Austin. ♥️

Ugh. No way. Bob Dylan actually had something to say.

Also on the counter is the November issue of Guns & Ammo, which catches my eye because there's been talk of visiting a gun range later on – something Malone does often. "I love shooting," he says. "The feeling is pure . . . inebriation. It's like hitting a punching bag to let off steam."

Turns out that today he just wants to stay in, "but I can show you what I got here if you want," he says, at which point he leads me to a walk-in closet, which is where I learn that Malone owns a disconcerting amount of weaponry. "This is an M14 – the gun Navy SEALs use," he says, placing a chunky rifle in my hands. He takes it back, hands over a Walther PPK – "James Bond's gun" – with decorative engraving down the barrel. Next up are a .44 Desert Eagle hand cannon and an M1911 pistol, then two gold-plated Glocks – "I'd never actually shoot these." Finally, there's his Cobalt AR-15, an assault rifle, specially modified to pass California regulations, that he's particularly proud of. "Looks like something out of Halo, right?"

I say "holy shit" a lot, and ask several variations on a question: Why does he have all these guns? "They're fun, they're practical, and bad shit happens," he says. "If you hurt me, I'm gonna hurt you back." Has anyone made threats against him? He shakes his head. "Just being in the public eye. I have a lot of valuable shit. I have a lot of friends I wanna protect."

Also: "The world is going to shit. They're taking away a lot of our rights. We have a shitty thing going on in the White House – I don't like Trump. But I don't think it's just him. Something's coming."

It is mere weeks after America's worst mass shooting in modern history – a train of thought he anticipates: "A lot of people are sensitive about it these days, but it's an American right to own a gun. It kinda sucks that now we have to live in fear of going out to a concert, but there'll always be bad people, and if bad people want firearms, they'll get 'em no matter what."

I wasn't expecting to debate gun control with Post Malone, but I tell him that, when I learned that the Las Vegas shooter used a so-called "bump stock" to effectively turn his rifle fully automatic, I couldn't understand why anyone would need a weapon like that. Malone contemplates this. "I don't know. ... Get tighter groupings, show off your aim to your buddies at target practice?" He ruminates a bit more, then shrugs and smiles. "I don't know, man. I don't have all the answers – I'm just trying to get my money and get out."

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...er-post-malone-talks-guns-bieber-race-w511979

Or what about the time he claimed it was "a struggle being a white rapper?"
"I definitely feel like there's a struggle being a white rapper. But I don't want to be a rapper. I just want to be a person that makes music," he says to GQ. "I make music that I like and I think that kicks ass, that I think the people who fuck with me as a person and as an artist will like."

http://www.complex.com/music/2018/01/post-malone-gq-interview

or when he said not to listen to hip hop if you wanted heartfelt lyrics
"If you're looking for lyrics… Don't listen to hip hop,"

https://massappeal.com/post-malone-clarifies-his-controversial-hip-hop-comments/

Last edited:

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Beerbongs and Bentleys" certainly harkens back to Dylan's timeless classic album "Assplugs and Acuras".

Old Dylan
Come, you masters of war
You that build the big guns
You that build the death planes
You that build all the bombs
You that hide behind walls
You that hide behind desks
I just want you to know
I can see through your masks

New Dylan
Ayy, I've been fuckin' hoes and poppin' pillies
Man, I feel just like a rockstar (star)
Ayy, ayy, all my brothers got that gas
And they always be smokin' like a Rasta
Fuckin' with me, call up on a Uzi
And show up, man them the shottas
When my homies pull up on your block
They make that thing go grrra-ta-ta-ta (pow, pow, pow)

Both are so profound.

Feb 1, 2018
My hot take is.....Post's whole shtick is getting really dated. Rockstar is overplayed. The rest of the album is filler. He's a one hit wonder (white iverson) for sure.

Also it's 2018 we shouldn't be giving white rappers a platform

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
My hot take is.....Post's whole shtick is getting really dated. Rockstar is overplayed. The rest of the album is filler. He's a one hit wonder (white iverson) for sure.

"It's 2018 we shouldn't be giving white rappers a platform." What the fuck does that even mean? Post doesn't make good music, I'm not going to defend him as a rapper but him being white doesn't restrict him from rapping. Hip hop doesn't belong to black people. It's art, and pop music.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
halfway thru and it's all very samey.
then again, this is nothing but white sorority girl anthems so idk what i expected

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
The track with Swae Lee is a bop. Y'all are gonna be hearing that on all the IG thot stories this summer

The whole album is pretty samey and too long. But I never really expected a solid, AOTY project here, just a few good tracks here and there and that's what we've got tbh. Maybe it'll grow on me though

Feb 1, 2018
"It's 2018 we shouldn't be giving white rappers a platform." What the fuck does that even mean? Post doesn't make good music, I'm not going to defend him as a rapper but him being white doesn't restrict him from rapping. Hip hop doesn't belong to black people. It's art, and pop music.

He appropriates black culture and fashion. I don't think a white kid (with ignorant views, as per most of his interviews) should be allowed to do that, given the history of this country.

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
He appropriates black culture and fashion. I don't think a white kid (with ignorant views, as per most of his interviews) should be allowed to do that, given the history of this country.

He's a fraud who was doing folk music a few years ago, no doubt. But your initial argument was that "we" shouldn't be giving white rappers a platform, in general, not exclusive to Post. Post is free to make whatever music he wants, and white people rapping doesn't inherently mean they are appropriating something.

For the record I think he's trash and has no respect for hip hop (as evident in his comment about rap lyricism). He's doing it to make money. But a lot of rappers are doing that these days, with no interest or basic understanding of the genre. And most of them are black...

Oct 25, 2017
I listen to him on the radio and seriously think how do people find him enjoyable. But obviously I'm in the minority.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Album is dope so far for me. It's what I needed this morning coming off a bad case of tonsillitis. It's a smooth listen, enjoying it for what it is.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017

What the fuck is this? I'm a white rapper. I got ideas in my head and songs in my heart. I pour my sweat and blood into my music and performances. I love hip hop. I should stop though, because white people shouldn't rap? Fuck outta here, hip-hop is for everybody.

And besides, Post Malone isn't even really much of a rapper, more of a popstar/singer who sings over trap beats imo.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
white iverson was his only organically viral hit, everything else (congratulations, rockstar) was pushed along by radio and streaming platforms to get traction

You definitely have something against this dude when you downplay his hits as not being "organically viral" hits. Who the fuck actually says that?

"Hey I see you have a few songs that charted well but they don't count because they weren't viral so really you're just a one hit wonder "

Damien1928

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed the opening track, the ty dollar sign track and "otherside" from this album, overall I thought it was a pretty decent first listen, hoping more tracks grow on repeated listening.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this means we get to see the PC Jayz2Cents built for him to commemorate the album. Watercooled with beer, anyone?

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
He's a fraud who was doing folk music a few years ago, no doubt. But your initial argument was that "we" shouldn't be giving white rappers a platform, in general, not exclusive to Post. Post is free to make whatever music he wants, and white people rapping doesn't inherently mean they are appropriating something.

For the record I think he's trash and has no respect for hip hop (as evident in his comment about rap lyricism). He's doing it to make money. But a lot of rappers are doing that these days, with no interest or basic understanding of the genre. And most of them are black...

I'm with you but think about the crazy purity tests people put some rappers through is super unfair. It's crazy, especially in an age where we can literally go back and find photos of Rick Ross working as an overweight correctional officer. Skip to years later and dude literally claims to have ties to the biggest drug traffickers in South America. He is still doing this act while buying Wing Stop franchises. Vic Mensa fronted a punk group before breaking out as a hip hop star and people don't look at him as some sort of profiteer. How long was Lil Wayne rapping before he decided at 15 that he wanted to be a rapper? And then combing through quotes as some sort of reason to discount him? That's just bending over backwards to make something fit your argument. Do you think Janelle Monae wants to be known as an R&B singer? Do you think Moses Sumney wants to be put in that box? There's plenty of good reasons for an artist who has a ton of crossover pop success to be known as more than just a rapper.