• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017

Composer Olivier Deriviere and Cellist Eric-Maria Couturier discuss their journey in the making of Vampyr's unique soundtrack.

Buy the official OST : www.vampyr-ost.com
Follow Olivier Deriviere on twitter @oderiviere

Available on Bandcamp May 5th 2018 and all digital platforms on June 5th. Vinyl available when pre-ordering the game at selected stores.

Dontnod Entertainment's new action RPG Vampyr today unveils a new cinematic trailer depicting the legends and tales of its mysterious protagonist, Dr Jonathan Reid. Set in 1918 London during a deadly bout of the Spanish Flu that left London's alleys and promenade's wailing in agony, Dr Reid awakes having arrived home from serving in the Great War with a deathly new ailment: vampirism. A Doctor, Reid considers his affliction another disease. As he tries to understand and to live with it, he desperately tries to continue his life as a doctor, helping those stricken with flu

The soundtrack is available on Bandcamp already. Will probbly drop on Spotify & co later but hey! It's Sir Deriviere's music: It totally deserves some of your bucks :)

Also:

z6MO5LX.jpg

Oct 30, 2017
Everything about this games makes me sense how it's going to be a really excellent experience.. they are nailing everything about the atmosphere and that period of time in London.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That dude made the Soundtrack to the very mediocre game "Of orcs and men". The soundtrack is amazing.

I have high hopes vor Vampyr.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One of my most anticipated games. I love the time period, setting, the music all of it.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
At the very least if he's doing the music, then the music will definitely stand out.

That dude made the Soundtrack to the very mediocre game "Of orcs and men". The soundtrack is amazing.

I have high hopes vor Vampyr.

He's done the music for a lot of odd projects which have surprisingly good soundtracks. He also did Remember Me from the same studio as some people mentioned here already, and he also did the ObsCure games, if anyone remembers those old horror games around here.

Where I first got introduced to his work was through Alone in the Dark (2008), another mediocre game (though not a boring one, it's batshit insane in a fascinating way but really janky and flawed), and the soundtrack by him helped propel the game feeling like some sorta' big budget trainwreck, but the score was pretty nice (and I think he's only improved over the last 10 years from what I've heard from him more recently).

OP
OP
Maxime

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to the game.
BTW, what is the vinyl thing about?

At some selected retailers, you can have for "free" a vinyl of the game with a sound selection of the soundtrack. For France, it is Micromania while it's Game for Spain. I think it is exclusive to a bunch of European countries only though. You can check here.

Also, Germany and Australia have a really cool limited edition. Bit frustrated it's only for these two countries (and not even in France, it's a DONTNOD / Focus game ffs :p)

id-56.jpg

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I preordered digitally so no vinyl for me, not like I have anything to play it on.
Still, it cost 30 euros, so it was a pretty good deal.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At some selected retailers, you can have for "free" a vinyl of the game with a sound selection of the soundtrack. For France, it is Micromania while it's Game for Spain. I think it is exclusive to a bunch of European countries only though. You can check here.

Also, Germany and Australia have a really cool limited edition. Bit frustrated it's only for these two countries (and not even in France, it's a DONTNOD / Focus game ffs :p)

id-56.jpg
The extra items are at least pre-order items in the U.S I believe. The Posters and Lithographs aren't an option for us. Though I don't really care about those.

Deleted member 11025

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful. Gonna have to grab that soundtrack from his Bandcamp page.

This game can't come soon enough.