• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
This trashing of 'spoilerphobes' is ridiculous. People like going in really blind to movies, what's wrong with that? It's not the fact that this is important that makes it a spoiler, it's just the fact that people like to be surprised/feel the emotions in the moment of watching the film, not having little bits, important or not, revealed to them beforehand. It dulls the movie watching experience.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Imagine thinking an Ewok being in Star Wars is a spoiler. 😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's like being spoiled by knowing if a tie fighter will be appearing, they have the same amount of dialogue.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
wow I can't believe an ewok is in this movie

crazy

Next you're gonna tell me the Force is in this movie

And a bad guy wielding a lightsaber

WAIT

you're telling me

THE GOOD GUY
HAS

A LIGHTSABER?!???

SPOILERS

omg the movie is ruined forever

Phew, i thought you might mention a droid of some sort being involved at some point in the movie.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Thread derail and threadwhining
Spoiler or not, it ain't hard to use a thread title that manages to not say the returning character name. Then you manage to dodge all the flack, people can choose to read or not.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This trashing of 'spoilerphobes' is ridiculous. People like going in really blind to movies, what's wrong with that? It's not the fact that this is important that makes it a spoiler, it's just the fact that people like to be surprised/feel the emotions in the moment of watching the film, not having little bits, important or not, revealed to them beforehand. It dulls the movie watching experience.

I like that too, but at the same time if I want to experience a Star Wars movie completely blind, I'm not going to brose EtcetEra which has at least 5 daily Star Wars thread.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
If you think this is the final sendoff to all these characters then I have a bridge to sell you

Oct 25, 2017
JJ pulling out all the stops to get the nerds on board for this thing "yo we brought back ewoks, we brought back that one Star Wars villain that you care about, boy we got every motherfucking theme, if you watch this movie I will personally write my own Sabine fanfiction and deliver it to your house"

Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler or not, it ain't hard to use a thread title that manages to not say the returning character name. Then you manage to dodge all the flack, people can choose to read or not.
people on this site are so hypersensitive about anything they, typically erroneously, view as "clickbait" there would be a literal wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't be on a goddamn nerd forum then

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Heaven help me for engaging in a SW thread but... we're getting multiple threads every single day , spoiling or detailing pretty much everything about ROS. Why are they not going in the OT? Why is this tidbit not something put in an OT? Why are OP and others being so dismissive towards others who aren't even being hostile when it would've taken no effort to be a little vague about a " returning character"? It's just odd
Pretty much how I feel too tbh

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I would have appreciated a spoiler warning even if you insist that it isn't a spoiler. I don't go on the star wars youtube channel and probably could have avoided this.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

If people really want to go in completely blind then they should be the ones avoiding this place. If it is in the marketing material it is not a spoiler. If they want to be angry be angry at Disney🤷‍♂️

I agree that the OP could have been more considerate but how do people determine what is a spoiler and what to add in or out of a title? I mean there were people who thought the Avengers Endgame title itself was a spoiler. How far do we go? No one is forcing anyone to avoid spoilers.

Oct 25, 2017
Heaven help me for engaging in a SW thread but... we're getting multiple threads every single day , spoiling or detailing pretty much everything about ROS. Why are they not going in the OT? Why is this tidbit not something put in an OT? Why are OP and others being so dismissive towards others who aren't even being hostile when it would've taken no effort to be a little vague about a " returning character"? It's just odd
Containing all new information about a popular upcoming entertainment product to one thread has never been a thing and the old adage is new news news thread. OP saw new news, they made a new thread.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
The stress a spoilerphobe must live with has got to be out of control. I could never do it. Can't imagine the payoff being worth it.

An Ewok is in the movie. Could be a single dead Ewok. Literally nothing is known. Lol.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Makers of the new Star Wars films have been really effective at mining every single particle of nostalgia they can from the original trilogy.

There are very few characters left in the original trilogy that they haven't brought back in some capasity in the new films. I think Jabba and Boba Fett are the only significan't characters that haven't been featured yet.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
I haven't watched any media or trailers and was trying to avoid any spoilers, however big or small, and OP puts one in the topic title. Could have left it out of the title easily but hey gotta make that next hot topic and get those replies huh? Thanks pal

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah put me on team spoiler. As someone who spent months avoiding Death Stranding trailers, if someone said
"Will Norman Reeeus kill himself in DS?"
"It was in the official trailer so it's fair game!" I would be understandably pissed, especially knowing what I know now, that the scene in question is literally in the final moments of the game. Sadly though the hypothetical was actually spoiled for me, from an asshole's youtube thumbnail. And as for the "stay off the internet" bullshit defense, what, was I supposed to avoid the internet for 12 fucking months? Great suggestion, you should try it.

Luckily though, I don't give a shit about Wicket the Ewok, but it's absolutely poor form to reveal it in a thread title. One of the best joys about experiencing art is being surprised/shocked, caught of guard, and you do rob people of that full enjoyment when you make the decision for them.

May 10, 2019
source.gif

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah put me on team spoiler. As someone who spent months avoiding Death Stranding trailers, if someone said
"Will Norman Reeeus kill himself in DS?"
"It was in the official trailer so it's fair game!" I would be understandably pissed, especially knowing what I know now, that the scene in question is literally in the final moments of the game. Sadly though the hypothetical was actually spoiled for me, from an asshole's youtube thumbnail. And as for the "stay off the internet" bullshit defense, what, was I supposed to avoid the internet for 12 fucking months? Great suggestion, you should try it.

Luckily though, I don't give a shit about Wicket the Ewok, but it's absolutely poor form to reveal it in a thread title. One of the best joys about experiencing art is being surprised/shocked, caught of guard, and you do rob people of that full enjoyment when you make the decision for them.

Not the same thing, it would be more akin to a thread title saying
Sam Bridges will hold a gun at some point in the game

The only thing in the thread title is that a ewok will be in the movie. Will it be a flashback? Will he have a significant role in the story? Will he just be a cameo?

No one knows yet and the thread title isn't asking any of that, just reporting a publicly revealed fact.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
disney wars should have been a trilogy about the ewoks and nothing else.

Obviously this thread is a spoiler.

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely a spoiler. Is it necessary to create a new thread for every single piece of media released for this movie?

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Not the same thing, it would be more akin to a thread title saying
Sam Bridges will hold a gun at some point in the game

The only thing in the thread title is that a ewok will be in the movie. Will it be a flashback? Will he have a significant role in the story? Will he just be a cameo?

No one knows yet and the thread title isn't asking any of that, just reporting a publicly revealed fact.
Was just an example based on my most recent "media blackout"
Lets be real thouugh, "publicly revealed fact" though is absolute bullshit, this wasn't some "Wicket the Ewok is back!" trailer, it's a featurette of the behind the scenes of making the film, and someone screencrabbed of a couple brief frames of a it that show Warwick putting on an Ewok helm, on screen less than a second. Most people who watched that featurette outside of the diehard wouldn't have even noticed.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely a spoiler. Is it necessary to create a new thread for every single piece of media released for this movie?

This. I don't care but I've learned to respect those who care. Either stick to communities or just be respectful and think twice about thread titles of upcoming media. Same exact shit with Palpatine-ones.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe people would be upset about something this inconsequential being revealed prior to the movie release. It's impossible to take this level of spoilerphobia seriously. Maybe save the push back for when someone actually spoils something meaningful so people might actually be sympathetic instead of being amused by the insanity on display.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Hey OP why don't you just report your first post and have the topic title changed to something that avoids these "spoilers"?

If you don't at least do that, then it's either because you love the attention or you're being an asshole (both?). Change the topic title and this whole situation goes away. That simple.