• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Think twice about what?

You talk like something bad was done here.
Well, yeah. That original title. And there are pages and pages of others agreeing. So maybe you don't agree, and that is fine, but others do. But we aren't going to settle the debate here. We've had threads dedicated to talking about spoilers, and after 8272942 pages, it was obvious that no one agreed on anything about what is and isn't a spoiler.

I'm leaving it here. Don't want to keep talking about this and not the actual topic.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The irony is that people care more about possibly being spoiled than they will about an Ewok being in Episode IX. People are literally more mad about a thread title than they would be happy to see that character.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Perfect topic title this way.

EDit: oh people seem really mad that other won't get spoiled now. 🥴

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
How will I enjoy this now knowing that the surprise of space teddy being in it is ruined.

You fucking children.

Jan 3, 2018
This just makes me think that JJ is forcing in even more fanservicey Star Wars stuff than usual because it's the last movie.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): continuing thread derail, ignoring staff post
I'm just saying things have nuance, and people are calling this a "official casting announcement" - which, in my opinion, it isn't.
And while it's a one second screen grab from official marketing material, it has only been signal boosted by a single outlet or individual users on social media.

Now we've shifted to "any officially released information is fair game".

Like, if the OST hit Amazon and Spotify on December 17th and people posted a thread "Kylo Ren confirmed to die in The Rise of Skywalker" because one of the tracks is called "Ren's Requiem" - i'd consider that a similar grey area with regards to "offical marketing material possibly revealing certain plot aspects".
And i realize, we're talking about a Teddy Bear, no huge deal. Which is why i'm even more confused, that in this very case, people are so hellbent on creating these absolutisms when there's other members of the community who are just asking for a tiny bit of mindfulness with regards to thread titles.
I really don't see the ridiculous slippery slope here. "The Rise of Skywalker might see another familiar face return (Possible Spoilers)" would have been a wonderful title that would have literally created zero issues, wouldn't you agree?
Thank you for your posts in this thread.
Your example actually reminds me of the first time a spoiler really, really annoyed me (and maybe the reason people here call me a pathetic spoilerphobe now), and it was because of the OST of The Phantom Menace. "Qui-Gon's Funerals". lol I don't care if for many it's not a spoiler because it was an official merchandise, the fact is I was spoiled and also why did they release the soundtack with titles like that before the movie came out? ;__; It wasn't even mine, I saw it in a store and I was too young to know better.
(there, my spoilerfreak origin story)

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for your posts in this thread.
Your example actually reminds me of the first time a spoiler really, really annoyed me (and maybe the reason people here call me a pathetic spoilerphobe now), and it was because of the OST of The Phantom Menace. "Qui-Gon's Funerals". lol I don't care if for many it's not a spoiler because it was an official merchandise, the fact is I was spoiled and also why did they release the soundtack with titles like that before the movie came out? ;__; It wasn't even mine, I saw it in a store and I was too young to know better.
(there, my spoilerfreak origin story)

If you're that concerned about spoilers, looking at an OST track listing is one of the worst things you can do.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler culture is a mistake.

Back on topic, they should also bring back Jar Jar. And kill him a few minutes after he reappears.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif
Lmao rushing back to see the Ewoks or what?

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really do hope JarJar comes back.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
The updated thread title makes it seem like a character people actually care about is going to appear in the movie, which honestly makes the whole thing even funnier.

Who doesn't like killer teddy bears that took out battalions of stormtroopers with ease?

Plus, my dog looks like an Ewok.

This just makes me think that JJ is forcing in even more fanservicey Star Wars stuff than usual because it's the last movie.

This is the only concerning thing for me. JJ already made a remake of ANH. I really hope he doesn't just make a remake of ROTJ.

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Trolling, Ignoring previous warning and continuing thread derail, Ignoring staff post
Cool. I got an infraction point. Is there a place where we can trade in points?

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's really going to be wild where this film is finally going to land in terms of storyline. Feels like it's going to be walking a tightrope between continuing what Johnson wrote for TLJ and (based on Palpatine, the second Death Star, and now Ewoks returning) being a sendup to RotJ, like how TFA was for ANH.

Is Jar Jar gonna be in this too? LMAO

LOL I'd honestly love to see that. Can you imagine a scene where the main crew's about to die, but then he saves them at the last second?
Bonus points if they have him dressed in robes, and he pulls his hood off for the dramatic reveal...