• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
Stupid question but can someone give me a good strategy for killing two-clawed crabs if I don't have the spear or fire arrows? I've tried waiting until their claw glows and hitting them, but they still manage to smack me even if I get a hit in.

I think you can Shield Bash (double pull on LT) them when they are jacking up to hit you, but its a bit tough to get the timing right. I usually try to find a way around them.

Completed the game tonight (xbox). Awesome stuff. So many things I loved about the game. I just wish there were some kind of ng+ after you have gone through the process of learning how to play the game, it sort of ends on a high note progression-wise where you finally have access to all of the good armour and weapons.

Last edited:

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
So this was a note on the Jan 10th update: "Any formal listings for balance? I saw this int he Jan 10th update and it directly relates to where I dropped the game: "Balance on lantern runs when the player dies after floor 13 has been adjusted to be more forgiving. Please tell us what you think!"

literally this is where and why I dropped the game, so maybe I should jump back in; I'd still love actual patchnotes so I don't have to just guess what got balanced

Oct 28, 2017
I think that patch changed how the darkness works in the Blackrock levels, so that it wont attack you unless you are carrying the lantern. Which means that when the character dies, you can explore the levels a lot more before you pick up the lantern again, and plan a route to the exit rather than run around with the darkness on your heels all the time. The Blackrock levels arent that tough when you are only facing the environment and enemies.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
so how's Below doing? I waited 5 years for it and was too busy when it finally dropped to play more than a couple hours. Are people liking it? I got through to the first shortcut and gem, and that's it.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Got to floor 5 and then foolishly walked into a trap. Now my map is missing, is that normal? Turn I hastily stepped on a trap after respawn (I guess they reset), so probably my items are all gone.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I'm pretty far but haven't touched it in months. Is it worth finishing or should I just YouTube the ending

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'd like to give it a shot again. Bought it on release day because this game had been on my radar since forever, and then I bounced right off of it. I liked the style, but the gameplay didn't click at all. And I generally really like that roguelite stuff.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I can't believe Below is leaving Game Pass. It's an exclusive game, I thought that stuff was there forever.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Below was first party. It was one of the ones listed forever ago as being a MS game, I thought. I guess Capy isn't owned by MS though.

It was initially going to be published by Microsoft but, if I remember right, no money had changed hands by the time ID@Xbox was announced so Capy made a deal to switch to that program.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
has this game improved/changed significantly since it launched? I liked it but I ran into some really annoying stuff.

There were some pretty big updates in January but we never got a specific breakdown of the balance changes. It did end up making the game easier with changes like removing the bleeding effect from some enemies' attacks.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Does that mean Explore Mode will be available on PC then too? Hope so, I'll totally jump back in when Explore mode is available.

Seems like it's coming to PC and XB1 after the PS4 launch:

I imagine it's one of those timed exclusive features to get promotion from a platform holder despite the game being a port.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Oh hey! An explore mode? I might actually check this out again then. I really wanted to love this game, and up to a point - it was fantastic. But I really found the difficulty just too punishing. Excited to hear they've heard that feedback and are at least offering some way to see all the hard work they put into this. (And still leaving the original mode in too is super smart.)

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to it on PS4. How long does a typical "run" take? Or is that not really a thing in this game?

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Very keen for an explore mode. The atmosphere and artstyle of the game is excellent, but it's so punishing in it's permadeath design it can be difficult to truly stick with it and enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.