• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Had a bit of fun with this one. Talking about all the big games hitting over the next 3 months. Give each title a score based on a "Sales Richter Scale"

Games in the list.

Ultimate Alliance 3
Fire emblem Three houses
Wolfenstein Young Blood
Control
WoW Classic
Astral Chain
Monster Hunter Iceborn
Gears 5
Borderlands 3
Daemon Machina
Legend of Zelda Links Awakening

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know anything about WoW so I'll ignore it for my prediction.

I think Borderlands 3 has the highest potential in sales.

Personally, only really want Three Houses and maybe Links Awakening/UA3.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Borderlands 3 is a safe bet for the largest game of Q3 both in sales and critical reception. Will probably be in the top four for sales by year end alongside Modern Warfare, Pokemon and 2K.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm surprised he didn't cover DQXIS since that's still in September.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Its between WoW and Borderlands on that list, WoW will have a lot of current subs playing it however, not sure how that will factor

Sal_S

Oct 30, 2017
Hamilton
I'm pretty interested in LA. BotW took Zelda to insanely new heights, want to see how that translates to 2D Zeldas.

Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot are still up in the air due to doubts about their quality.
Nintendo's done a poor job marketing marvel, think previews seemed lukewarm and it's out of the endgame hype cycle so that might not do as well.

Wolfenstein is in a similar boat. It's a very different take from the original. It's cheap and has the multiplayer pass which could help, but will likely not do great.

Nintendo's been pushing Fire Emblem a lot, previews were glowing too. Should do well for the franchise.

Gears marketing has been weird but it should do well enough, I suppose.

Link's Awakening and DQXIS will be bolstered by the launch of the Switch lite.
DQXIS received critical acclaim but released in a busy period last year so didn't really push the needle. Nintendo's been pushing it a lot, smash inclusion should help as well.
LA should do alright? Reviews might not be super positive due to being a weird value proposition, but the Zelda brand is hot and the game is a classic.

Astral Chain is a game I'm pumped for and has August to itself on switch...but I think it'll depend a lot on Nintendo picking up the marketing for it and if reviews are solid. Will benefit from Nier's success but will likely not do great, unfortunately.

Daemon Machina is a game I don't see how it could do well. Demo to receive feedback was a nice gesture but probably scared everyone who played it (like me)

Last edited:

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Its between WoW and Borderlands on that list, WoW will have a lot of current subs playing it however, not sure how that will factor

Unless Blizzard explicitly tells us, it will be hard to know WoW Classic's success given that it shares a sub with the base retail game.

I expect Gears 5 to have a pretty substantial player base with its Game Pass and Steam releases.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll be rooting for Fire Emblem at least. How things are good for it.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Some really high score around. I think minus BL3, MH and maybe Zelda and WoW, everything else is higher than it should.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Benji left Era with intense drama and doesn't miss any chance he gets to viciously trash us, and he does not have access to NPD data.

He will very likely tweet vicious things about us when he sees this thread.
Is that true? I follow him on Twitter and he's always interacting with Shinobi

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I think a lot are still up in the air due to doubts about their quality.
Nintendo's done a poor job marketing marvel, think previews seemed lukewarm and it's out of the endgame hype cycle so that might not do as well.

Wolfenstein is in a similar boat. It's a very different take from the original. It's cheap and has the multiplayer pass which could help, but will likely not do great.

Nintendo's been pushing Fire Emblem a lot, previews were glowing too. Should do well for the franchise.

Gears marketing has been weird but it should do well enough, I suppose.
It doesn't need to do well, Gears, it's supposed to be a pinnacle game for game pass. A reason for entry. Up for value of other games to allure person to maintain the membership

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not in a position to look through right now but if you search his feed from around the time he left, you'll find some gems

He apologized the last time it happened and clarified he has nothing against Era, let's not turn this thread into another shitshow

That's the funny part, he was posting his most vicious stuff at the same time he was apologizing on the forum itself. Anyway, this is the last I'll say about it, I was just correcting someone who said he posts here and has the NPD data

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Benji left Era with intense drama and doesn't miss any chance he gets to viciously trash us, and he does not have access to NPD data.

He will very likely tweet vicious things about us when he sees this thread.
He apologized the last time it happened and clarified he has nothing against Era, let's not turn this thread into another shitshow

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I follow him as well and never seen any attacking of this site. I even did a search of his tweets from the past few weeks and I don't see anything even related to resetera. Seems like an exaggeration.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Benji is an Era user with access to the NPD sales.
What kind of access? Does he work for NPD? Work at an organization that pays for detailed data?

This guy comes up a lot and no one has been able to tell me what his deal is. I sometimes notice him come up saying some, uh, questionable things and people just say "Oh he's an insider" and leave it at that.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
What kind of access? Does he work for NPD? Work at an organization that pays for detailed data?

This guy comes up a lot and no one has been able to tell me what his deal is. I sometimes notice him come up saying some, uh, questionable things and people just say "Oh he's an insider" and leave it at that.
He's not associated with the NPD but his job is related to videogame sales and he was verified by the admins so he's not making it up

Oct 27, 2017

That's incorrect indeed, Benji does not have access to NPD data. He has access in real time to the preorder and sales of one major US retailer, which allows him to easily extrapolate the NPD results each month.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

what are those questionable things ????

Discussion guidelines

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
Official Staff Communication
This thread is about the contents of the video and not about any drama the creator was involved in while they were a member. If you cannot discuss it without the discussion being derailed, then this thread will be locked.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
His Iceborne and Link's Awakening magnitude ranking are quite high: I wouldn't have pegged either as above Gears 5 tbh. Maybe both of them will surprise us, though!

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Given the early previews and especially the IGN one from last week, I think Control is going to get some very strong reviews. Word of mouth should help it more than traditional console-exclusive marketing has helped Remedy in the past.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Benji definately has access to some sort of aggregate data. Possibly from a national retail chain because it's always close to NPD actuals. His November/December sales previews were right on the mark.

Can't speak for his antics off site, but he was quesitoned/harassed alot when he made his post previewing the sales data, because his predictions riled people up. The usual fanboy nonesense.

Status
Not open for further replies.