• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Shit. Good they found it early then.

My dad is getting stents inserted and said it's a pretty typical procedure.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Heart surgery takes some time for recovery.

I wish him and his family the best.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He's a spry guy but at that age, the campaign trail has to really wreak havoc on your body. Glad he seems to be doing well.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Very sad to hear, and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

With that, this also shows the dangers of the elderly running for president.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. He will be out for a while. I know people who had stents put in. Recovery time was 4-5 weeks minimum.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
My dad had this years back and immediately felt way better than he had in a very long time. Stents are pretty minor and, if everything goes well, he'll be back up and running soon.

That said, this may kill his campaign. You don't want a president with heart problems.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, please get better soon!

Has anyone ever had heart surgery on a campaign trail before? I know people have gotten sick before, but this is more serious, no?

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
That really sucks. I hope he recovers well.

... I'm totally expecting Trump to use this to attack him. Ugh.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
My dad had this years back and immediately felt way better than he had in a very long time. Stents are pretty minor and, if everything goes well, he'll be back up and running soon.

That said, this may kill his campaign. You don't want a president with heart problems.
Agreed, this could be the final nail in his campaign. His age was already a concern, and now he's a potential serious health risk.

Dec 31, 2017
Nooo! Get better soon Bernie!

Also, stent placement isn't necessarily surgery, not in the "open heart" sense that many will imagine - just fyi.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Very sad to hear, and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

With that, this also shows the dangers of the elderly running for president.

eh, my dad had a quadruple bypass at an age where he was 30 years younger than Bernie. Not really an issue exclusive to seniors.

This.

Get well, Bernie. Stints are a very simple procedure, but his opponents will make it seem like his ticker is wearing down soon and they had to crack his chest. The ignorant are such easy prey.
I don't think anyone wants to be that asshole... except maybe Castro

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
That sucks, glad he was able to get help in time. Don't know what this means for his run, but I hope he does what's right for him. I rather have him alive than running for president or winning it at the expense of his health.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Damn...hopefully this really is minor and they aren't just downplaying the severity of the issue to avoid slipping in the polls which, for whatever reason, happens when a candidate so much as sneezes in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.