• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
I feel for him and wish him the best, but this is the guy people are seriously wanting in the office? It was said that he was too old before this and it only underscores it

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like that's the end for his campaign. Of the three frontrunners, he was my favorite.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
As a nurse who works on a telemetry unit and frequently takes care of people who have stents put in, this is an incredibly routine procedure and not really indicative of much, in terms of his health. Some people are discharged the same day from having stents put in, but given his age, and depending on any comorbidities, he may need 2-3 days for observation and for the cardiologists and internal medicine physicians to fine-tune his medication regimen, say if he has high blood pressure that they discovered wasn't being controlled properly. Otherwise, though, he will probably just be kept overnight and be discharged on a daily baby aspirin and Plavix. Assuming he wants to take a few days and take stock, this shouldn't put him out of action for more than a week, if that.

In terms of perception, however, this is bad for him, in the same way Hillary fainting was bad for her.

I wouldn't say it's that bad for him. People wanted Hillary's head and the folks still screaming about age will stop doing that when the remaining candidates will most likely not be what we would call young either

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Unless you know something we don't, it's not the end of his campaign.

This is quite obviously the incident that will sink his chances. Like snowy said:

In terms of perception, however, this is bad for him, in the same way Hillary fainting was bad for her.
It doesn't matter how minor the ailment is or how standard the procedure is to perform. It is weakness. It will be exploited, magnified, twisted, and warped to fit whatever narrative opposing Democrats/Republicans want it to say. This is the kind of meat Trump loooves to chew on.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
This is quite obviously the incident that will sink his chances. Like snowy said:

It doesn't matter how minor the ailment is or how standard the procedure is to perform. It is weakness. It will be exploited, magnified, twisted, and warped to fit whatever narrative opposing Democrats/Republicans want it to say. This is the kind of meat Trump loooves to chew on.

It's pretty sad then that democrats are jumping on this like Republicans would.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

Jane sez he's still planning to attend the October debate, perhaps he will come armed with a powerful anecdote about the importance of being able to go to the doctor whenever you feel like something's wrong to get fixed up without worrying about how much it'll cost

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Jane sez he's still planning to attend the October debate, perhaps he will come armed with a powerful anecdote about the importance of being able to go to the doctor whenever you feel like something's wrong to get fixed up without worrying about how much it'll cost

I can pitch in an anecdote as someone who has a family member who put off minor heart surgery like this for years and years because of the cost only to have to wind up getting much more serious surgery as a result.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

Watch Bernie leave the hospital.

SMH at a vertical video filming a horizontal screen.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Glad he's feeling better but campaigning after a heart attack has got to be a massive strain for anyone. Plus there's the job itself for four or more years, thats a tall order. It's not impossible mind you.

Nov 13, 2017
IMO, he really should pull out and just throw his support fully behind Warren.

Considering that Warren is dialing back on some of her policies to be closer to the centre as well as taking corporate money before announcing her Presidential race (accepting corporate money during her 2018 Senate run to build a war chest fund of sorts), I think Bernie should stay in the race to keep the political landscape shifting more to the left.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, didn't they already say it was a blocked artery? What new information actually came out here?

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Considering that Warren is dialing back on some of her policies to be closer to the centre as well as taking corporate money before announcing her Presidential race (accepting corporate money during her 2018 Senate run to build a war chest fund of sorts), I think Bernie should stay in the race to keep the political landscape shifting more to the left.
His health is more important than your desired party direction.

Sep 14, 2019

Wait, what???

Receipts?

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I'm a Warren backer, personally, but I don't think it's unreasonable for him to lean into this and make it part of his messaging. I can imagine talking heads on the news cycle saying, "The man had a heart attack and he was back on the campaign trail days later! He's not going to rest until he's fixed America!"

I say this as someone who thinks he's too old and would rather he groomed a successor. You just have to control the messaging.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Wait, didn't they already say it was a blocked artery? What new information actually came out here?
if it would've been preventative surgery then nothing, but having a heart attack increases the chances of having another heart attack down the road, as well as increases the risk of a stroke in most people

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a Warren backer, personally, but I don't think it's unreasonable for him to lean into this and make it part of his messaging. I can imagine talking heads on the news cycle saying, "The man had a heart attack and he was back on the campaign trail days later! He's not going to rest until he's fixed America!"

I say this as someone who thinks he's too old and would rather he groomed a successor. You just have to control the messaging.

I think the narrative of "this man is almost 80 and having heart attacks, it's lunacy to say he's in any sort of state to begin a first term as President" would win out.

Nov 13, 2017
Wait, what???

Receipts?

The open secret of Ms. Warren's campaign is that her big-money fund-raising through 2018 helped lay the foundation for her anti-big-money run for the presidency. Last winter and spring, she transferred $10.4 million in leftover funds from her 2018 Senate campaign to underwrite her 2020 run, a portion of which was raised from the same donor class she is now running against.

I know people like Kyle Kulinski and people from The Hill were pretty vocal about this news.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not very knowledgeable about heart problems so I'm not sure what the difference between a "blocked artery that required stents" and a heart attack is.

He likely needed stents in response to the blockage, and they likely found the blockage because he had a heart attack. Heart attacks can range in severity. Seeing as he had chest pains, that was probably the heart attack.

By the way, y'all know for a fact Trump is going to say something like "Bernie doesn't have the heart to be in this. Literally." and other venomous bullshit. Good be infuriating hearing such remarks from someone who consistently looks like they're in the middle of having a heart attack.

vitamind

Nov 1, 2018
if it would've been preventative surgery then nothing, but having a heart attack increases the chances of having another heart attack down the road, as well as increases the risk of a stroke in most people

Yeah but damn near any med professional would tell you emergency stenting after chest pain more likely than not STEMI/NSTEMI.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
He's not my candidate, but I'd like to see him stay in the race.

Well, regardless, I hope for his good health.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Fuck yeah!
Good to see him and healthy looking.
Great statement. I'm sure he knows his limits.

That said.
I expect to see him doing this until the ground catches him if it ever does. Everyone should strive to be as determined and also appreciate that drive when it graces us through someone like Bernie Sanders.
ROCK ON!

Nov 13, 2017
What?? Him potentially literally killing himself is not worth it, no.

Who else is equivalent to Sanders in the race that can follow up with his proposed policies?

And as mentioned before, Warren is not Sanders. Her policies comes nowhere near what Sanders offers and has taken corporate money previously in 2018, which she is still benefiting from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.