• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Futurama-Zoidberg.jpg

Just be sure to flip this.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
If I'm honest, I was kind of split on the two, maybe slightly leaning to Warren. Depending on how this plays out it will probably push me to vote Warren now.

I don't think it matters as much in PA though. Typically it's pretty solidified at that point I believe.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yup. I wonder if the aura effect will have negatives for Warren and Biden because of their similar ages, or if it just net positives the remaining candidates.

I hope Bernie can get back in the campaign though because we need competing ideas and approaches.

That's the net benefit of folks like Inslee too. Keep the important conversations happening. They're not just competing they're also assimilating from each other.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I don't give a damn. If Bernie makes it on the ballot when it comes down to vote in the primary, I'm voting Bernie no matter what. He's been my main man from the beginning. And yes, if Warren makes it to the general election, I'll absolutely vote for her, and happily. I'll unhappily vote for Biden in the general election. Sigh.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wishing the best for Bernie.

I took a look and yes I know this is super early given we don't know the full extent of his situation, but if he needed to vacate his Senate seat, a special election would be held, per Vermont election rules.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't give a damn. If Bernie makes it on the ballot when it comes down to vote in the primary, I'm voting Bernie no matter what. He's been my main man from the beginning. And yes, if Warren makes it to the general election, I'll absolutely vote for her, and happily. I'll unhappily vote for Biden in the general election. Sigh.
Yeah I'm not voting for anyone but Bernie in the primaries. But this probably won't play well w/ people already concerned about his age.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a disaster of a country that there are no younger leftists to take his position. The closest we have to that (if I'm being generous) is Warren, and she's like 6 years younger than him. What a fucked up country.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's awful, hope he gets better.

Can already imagine all the pieces of shit saying "lol told you this old fart isn't healthy enough!"

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What a disaster of a country that there are no younger leftists to take his position. The closest we have to that (if I'm being generous) is Warren, and she's like 6 years younger than him. What a fucked up country.

I guess if AOC and other House Members get sucked into a blackhole, as well as a few prominent Senate members, this statement holds up

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For his sake he should just drop out. Campaigning is physically taxing but actually being the president is even worse.

Cruets

Nov 1, 2017
My dad had stints put in at 73. 8 months later he had another heart attack. Didn't make it .

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
This sucks and it's also a reminder as to why you should never have politicians past a certain age. Honestly, the guy is 78. Why not have a hard cap for that? Have a law that states no one can run for POTUS past let's say 50.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry to hear that Cruets . My father had a similar issue and had stents put in. That was about 5 years or so ago. He needed to rest up after, but I could never see him taking on a presidential election.

Get healthy Bern.

Also, if you can be too young to run for President, you should also have an age cutoff as well.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Can what a heart stent is and the recovery time be added to the OP or something? I feel like it's being a touch overstated by some people.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Was literally shook reading the headlines, i´m glad this seems like a minor issue. Good to see people on the Internet being positive towards him.

Stents are not minor . They are the biggest indicators to not put stress on your body from that point. It requires a life change including reducing workload and stress

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
Can what a heart stent is and the recovery time be added to the OP or something? I feel like it's being a touch overstated by some people.

You have no idea what the recovery time is unless you are Bernie's physician. Making assumptions about an individual's health based on secondhand information is very strange.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
I can't get at Twitter at the moment, but... I'm usually suspicious of accounts like this. Named after a candidate.

I can find the avatar image on this instagram account, apparently someone who was on Naked and Afraid (Discovery TV show). Would... they create a twitter account with the name "klobucharbabe"? For someone who's been on a cable TV show, wouldn't they use their actual name at least for publicity's sake? Didn't notice any political content on a few pages of their Instagram, or a link to that twitter account.

Not going to deny there are actual folks out there who would be this openly callous, but this just screams "not a real account" to me. (There were plenty of efforts in '16 by fake accounts to sow discord among Democratic voters.)

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This sucks and it's also a reminder as to why you should never have politicians past a certain age. Honestly, the guy is 78. Why not have a hard cap for that? Have a law that states no one can run for POTUS past let's say 50.

rofl what

So basically, you don't want anyone with proper experience to be heading the Executive Branch, cause most people under 50 don't really have the qualifications to be running.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't exactly quell my concerns about the age of this field, but at least he should be perfectly able to recover from this

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
50 is absurd but a cap of 67 would be pretty reasonable imo, so that 75 is the oldest you could ever be as President.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I love Sanders and what he's done, but I do think it's best that he drop out. I rather he drop out to recover and serve in Congress rather than kill himself running for president.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.