• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just pick a good VP. I'm in it for the cabinet and all the people brought in, no just one person.

Not like the competition is young.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If he's hiding this what else is he hiding? I may vote for Trump, at least he lies honestly in an open manner.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is concern trolling.

People are really obsessed with medical reports of candidates. If Bernie were president, I suspect he would choose a VP who would carry on his agenda if Bernie were to pass away. I see no problem with that. If you're so bent out of shape on the lack of good young candidates, then we should work on that, shouldn't we? Until then, old people are all we get.
It's not.

The dude just had a heart attack, is nearly 80 and is not following through with promises of full disclosure. I'm confused why people for whom Sanders is their first choice wouldn't want him to follow through with his promise from October. And why give Republicans more ammunition? Sanders, Biden and the rest should match Warren (who did not recently suffer a heart attack or seeming slips in mental awareness a al Biden) in what they release of their medical histories.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Where's the media asking for a full rundown of Biden's mental health?

Both Biden and Warren have released extensive medical records in the last few months.

But it's all bull shit, they shouldn't have to or there shouldn't be some public expectation of it. I genuinely hate shit like this. If a candidates perceived health is something that they think they need to address, then they can go for it, but I hate the expectations that we're going to get to peer into the medical records of every candidate or that the media should 'demand' it.

It ends up making a situation where lard ass 5-chinned Trump just releases a complete lie of medical records, his snakeoil doctor saying he's the healthiest person in America, and Trump-automatons ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT, while Democrats all go around stabbing each other in the back trying to read each others HDL and LDL numbers and come up with some reason for how that justifies why they're supporting this candidate or that one.

I get if Sanders wants to release his medical records to try to combat a narrative that he's weak or frail due to his age, if he thinks that helps him then go for it, but I don't think anybody should have any expectation of this.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
i for one don't really care.

this only ways this is ridiculous:
1. all the shit the idiotic fucking media, who did us no favors, gave to Hillary for fainting or whatever, but will give Bernie a pass.
2. trumps absurd assertion that he's as fit as a golden god or some bullshit, that the media just ignores and moves on to the next sensational bullshit.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Here are the 3 letters.

One of them is from this guy who is responsible for the health of Congress and the Supreme Court. His assessment is probably much more trustworthy than Trump's wacky doctor in 2016.

Brian_Monahan.JPG

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he's hiding this what else is he hiding? I may vote for Trump, at least he lies honestly in an open manner.
Hmm, has anyone on this board ever said they'd vote Trump over Sanders? I think it's happened zero times.

And to be clear, ALL candidates should follow through on promises of transparency and all should follow Warren's lead in medical history disclosure.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
"But mom! Donny hit me first!"

Bernie realizing it would be bad for his campaign if he showed off records of how old he is does not equal Trump. You're disingenuous man.
Oops, he made the wrong call. Does that end him as a potential candidate for you? I can't imagine a human who would satisfy you.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Bernie realizing it would be bad for his campaign if he showed off records of how old he is does not equal Trump. You're disingenuous man.
Oops, he made the wrong call. Does that end him as a potential candidate for you? I can't imagine a human who would satisfy you.

No, my point is that saying Trump does it so that makes it okay is a fuckin' abysmal statement.

Deleted member 60302

Banned
Sep 29, 2019
Where's the media asking for a full rundown of Biden's mental health?
Its wild how people use Biden's literal stutter against him to call him mentally impaired.

Inb4 "No I'm not. I legitimately have a concern that he is mentally ill" despite most of those claims being aimed at his stutter and the fact that it is commonly cited in articles concerning Joe Biden.

Not even voting Biden but do better.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Bernie is completely healthy. I am satisfied with the data and medical information he has provided.

I understand I may not feel the same if it was a different candidate, but Sanders's message is too important.

Also, wasn't Sanders's disclosure filled with raw data from his doctors regarding his heart. I didn't think he promised everything. It appears he did.

It doesn't appear the Washington Post Editorial Board is saying he lied either. That seems like an additional tweak which is probably true.

Lying would be like saying you stopped supporting the War in Iraq the moment the invasion started when you still supported the war in public quotes and stood by the vote 9 months later. Or getting caught plagiarizing and being run out of a Presidential election in an embarrassing manner.

Sanders situation seems more like he provided information within the spirit of giving disclosure on his recovery from his heart attack.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
C'mon guys

If we try harder, we can will Bernie being a shit candidate into existence

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Bernie is completely healthy. I am satisfied with the data and medical information he has provided.

I understand I may not feel the same if it was a different candidate, but Sanders's message is too important.

Also, wasn't Sanders's disclosure filled with raw data from his doctors regarding his heart. I didn't think he promised everything.

It doesn't appear the Washington Post Editorial Board is saying he lied either.

Lying would be like saying you stopped supporting the War in Iraq the moment the invasion started when you still supported the war in public quotes and stood by the note 9 months later. Or getting caught plagiarizing and being run out of a Presidential election in an embarrassing manner.

Sanders situation seems more like he provided information within the spirit of giving disclosure on his recovery from his heart attack.
Raw data, no. But they do post their assessments of his fitness based on working with him both recently and over the years.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its wild how people use Biden's literal stutter against him to call him mentally impaired.

Inb4 "No I'm not. I legitimately have a concern that he is mentally ill" despite most of those claims being aimed at his stutter and the fact that it is commonly cited in articles concerning Joe Biden.

His answer to

"What responsibility do you think that Americans need to take to repair the legacy of slavery in our country?"
Well, they have to deal with the — look, there's institutional segregation in this country. From the time I got involved, I started dealing with that. Redlining banks, making sure we are in a position where — look, you talk about education. I propose is we take the very poor schools, triple the amount of money we spend from $15 to $45 billion a year. Give every single teacher a raise to the $60,000 level.

Number two, make sure that we bring in to help the teachers deal with the problems that come from home. The problems that come from home, we have one school psychologist for every 1,500 kids in America today. It's crazy. The teachers are — I'm married to a teacher, my deceased wife is a teacher. They have every problem coming to them. Make sure that every single child does, in fact, have 3, 4 and 5-year-olds go to school. Not day care, school.

Social workers help parents deal with how to raise their children. It's not that they don't want to help, they don't know what to play the radio, make sure the television — excuse me, make sure you have the record player on at night, the — make sure that kids hear words, a kid coming from a very poor school — a very poor background will hear 4 million words fewer spoken by the time we get there.

MODERATOR: Thank you, Mr. Vice President.

Biden: No, I'm going to go like the rest of them do, twice over. Because here's the deal. The deal is that we've got this a little backwards. By the way, in Venezuela, we should be allowing people to come here from Venezuela. I know Maduro. I've confronted Maduro. You talk about the need to do something in Latin America. I'm the guy that came up with $740 million, to see to it those three countries, in fact, changed their system to people don't have to chance to leave. You're acting like we just discovered this yesterday. Thank you very much.

It's NOT the stuttering.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Yes they should. They''re running to be President, not applying for a private job. That shit is relevant. Same as their tax returns.

Medical history has literally zero bearing on someone's ability to do their job in office. It very well could have disqualified FDR and JFK, who both hid their medical history from the public prior to being elected. Meanwhile, Gerald Ford and George W. Bush were in peak physical condition as presidents. Richard Nixon was in far better heath in 1960 than JFK, and if both had to reveal their medical histories, it would have shown that JFK had covered up getting treated and tested for Addison's Disease for ~15 years, while Nixon would have been in good health (despite probably being an alcoholic; at least, he was an alcoholic when he eventually became president 8 years later).

It's nothing like tax returns, where your tax returns can reveal actual income sources that could make you beholden to people who can influence you as president, or shady behavior in your private financial life.

If a candidate thinks it's in their interest then I'm fine with that. If you don't want to vote for someone because you think they're frail or in bad health, go for it. But I don't think that the media should "demand" health records from anyone or that the public should have an expectation to receive them. It's not ableist discrimination but it borders on it, this sort of insinuation that someone can't do an adequate job as president if their health history doesn't match our expectations of what a perfectly healthy person should be.

I think some amount of disclosure is adequate for the public. FDR, as president in 1944, hid his severely deteriorated physical health from the public, but the US was also at war with Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan and I can understand the interest in hiding that. But, he would die only months in office, and he knew he was in detiorated health. Woodrow Wilson hid that he had a debilitating stroke while in office that made him incapable of fulfilling the duties of president; After his unexpected stroke and the collapse of his health, he should have resigned or been removed from office by his cabinet, but he hid his health condition from his own cabinet. I think there are reasonable expectations of disclosure preventing situations like that, though notably, Wilson's condition could not have been forseen by any release of "full health records."

Last edited:

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I cannot begin to imagine the insidious plot Bernie would have hatched had this information not been uncovered. At least we can rest easy in knowing that Biden is of sound mind and body.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
It sure would be nice if we had frontrunners that weren't people 10+ years past retirement age so things like health and mental acuity weren't pressing issues. Sadly all the younger fellows are either snakes in the grass of some variety (Tulsi, Mayor Pete), wholly unappealing (Klobuchar), or some fringe single candidate that has no chance (Yang).

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
If you have relatives that are 78 it's probably best not to assume they'll still be around in 4 years. It's crazy that everyone that's a front runner for getting the nomination is so old.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017

Have you heard his actual answers to things during debates or his occasional campaign event? They ain't good. Saying it's only his stutter that's the problem is very disingenuous.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
"Lying isn't the same thing as lying. False equivalency!"
Trump lies about absolutely everything... Bernie changed his mind on wanting to share his personal health history. If you think these two things are equal (and you sure are implying it is) then yes, you are using false equivalency.

fauxtrot

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's some conspiracy here like some of y'all, but even if Bernie wasn't in great shape physically, I'd still vote for him over someone whose mental capabilities are obviously in decline like Biden.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
No, my point is that saying Trump does it so that makes it okay is a fuckin' abysmal statement.

I'm not saying that it's a good thing to go back on your words. I'm saying that Trump proved people don't actually care about nit picky records, so it's pointless, and damaging and we all wish he didn't say that in the first place. The whole 'prove I'm healthy' thing is utterly absurd anyway.

Deleted member 60302

Banned
Sep 29, 2019
His answer to

"What responsibility do you think that Americans need to take to repair the legacy of slavery in our country?"

It's NOT the stuttering.
So he's mentally ill because he gave a response you disagree with? When you're off ResetEra do you start calling Biden slurs to reference his "cognitive decline" because you disagree with what he says?

Do you really think that Biden having beliefs you disagree with is a sign of cognitive decline where we need to question his mental health? As opposed to just stupid?

Why even post that without elaborating on why we should question his mental health as a result? Do you think I know what you're thinking and posting an entire Joe Biden response is some instant verification of "This guy is definitely mentally unfit for office!"

Anyway, what you're describing is called "being stupid" or "being wrong" not something deserving of the label "mentally unfit".

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not saying that it's a good thing to go back on your words. I'm saying that Trump proved people don't actually care about nit picky records, so it's pointless, and damaging and we all wish he didn't say that in the first place. The whole 'prove I'm healthy' thing is utterly absurd anyway.

Yes, why should we care about how healthy an octogenarian running for president is. Utterly absurd!

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
If you give a shit about this, you need to either get a life or just commit to being honest that your issue with Bernie is ideological, not process-related. This is very clearly just horseshit to hammer him with, not anything of substance, and you're essentially acting as an unpaid freelance Karl Rove-type if you push it.

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie Sanders could have one foot in the grave and I'd still vote for him over every other candidate in the field

If I trust him enough to pick him for president, I trust him enough to pick a VP who will see his vision through if the worst happens.

We also did this in 2016 too where he was just too old

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So he's mentally ill because he gave a response you disagree with? When you're off ResetEra do you start calling Biden slurs to reference his "cognitive decline" because you disagree with what he says?

Do you really think that Biden having beliefs you disagree with is a sign of cognitive decline where we need to question his mental health? As opposed to just stupid?

Why even post that without elaborating on why we should question his mental health as a result? Do you think I know what you're thinking and posting an entire Joe Biden response is some instant verification of "This guy is definitely mentally unfit for office!"

Anyway, what you're describing is called "being stupid" or "being wrong" not something deserving of the label "mentally unfit".
He started talking about bringing in social workers into black folks homes to play hooked on phonics records. Then went on to talk about fucking Venezuela and Maduro. You know, as a way to repair America's legacy of slavery.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't say Trump. The people pulling the "it doesn't count when my candidate does it" shit get on anyone who lies about anything at any point. But their guy makes a promise for public transparency and reneges on it and that's a-okay! No one made him make that commitment. But he did it because he's a politician trying to win a Presidential election and politicians trying to win Presidential elections tell little lies about things they think aren't a big deal that they think they can get away with. You'll note where the brunt of my general criticism in this topic is directed. It ain't at Sanders himself.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, why should we care about how healthy an octogenarian running for president is. Utterly absurd!
He'll be an octogenarian running for president if he decides to run for re-election in 2024.

He won't become one until 2021.

Unless that word means something I don't understand. It sure sounds scary.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Is Bernie's doctor a quack like Trump's?

Is there reason to believe he and his doctor are hiding something?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
The deflection in some of these posts are worrying. You can like Bernie and still want him to keep his word. And hold him accountable when he doesn't. In the scheme of things it's not disqualifying when you put it next to the things he wants to accomplish, but his supporters more than anyone else should take notice when he says one thing and does another.

Status
Not open for further replies.