• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
He likely has a manageable condition that people will attack as unmanageable.

But also, at 78, any of us could die at any time.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I'm an outsider but even if he was gonna be the shortest lived president in history I'd still rather have him than Trump and most of his dem opponents.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He likely has a manageable condition that people will attack as unmanageable.

But also, at 78, any of us could die at any time.

They're all over 70 and can die or get cancer any day so it doesn't really bother me, less ammo for Trump to attack them with, the better. This entire election is about stopping Trump, I could give a fuck if any of them make it past inauguration week, just get in office and have a decent VP in place.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Well, how much do you need? Trump proved people don't give a shit about anything anyway.

I mean, what if he really isn't as healthy as he says. Would you not vote for him? The truth might be he's a typical old guy who has things wrong but he's fine to keep living and working today. Releasing anything more might just look bad and reinforce ideas people already have.

It's a bit of a takebacksies, sure, but I don't care. We already know he's a good dude.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
They're all over 70 and can die or get cancer any day so it doesn't really bother me, less ammo for Trump to attack them with, the better. This entire election is about stopping Trump, I could give a fuck if any of them make it past inauguration week, just get in office and have a decent VP in place.

That's fair. Just pick a good VP I guess lol

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, he should give people ammo to use against him vs a story like this that way less people will pay attention to.

You don't think Trump and the GoP (and let's be honest, other Dem candidates once the primaries actually start) aren't already frothing at the mouth about using Bernie's heart attack against him?

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
I love all of Sander's policies and positions. I really like the guy as well.

But I'm now forced to vote for Trump because they have released equivalent health information.

Sorry, but I don't make the rules.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even bother with Opinion pieces any more. They're always just trying to string some bullshit story together.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love all of Sander's policies and positions. I really like the guy as well.

But I'm now forced to vote for Trump because they have released equivalent health information.

Sorry, but I don't make the rules.

The reason people say that is not because they believe you are literally gonna vote for the other guy, but that you will simply not vote at all. Which gives the same result.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Well, how much do you need? Trump proved people don't give a shit about anything anyway.

I mean, what if he really isn't as healthy as he says. Would you not vote for him? The truth might be he's a typical old guy who has things wrong but he's fine to keep living and working today. Releasing anything more might just look bad and reinforce ideas people already have.

It's a bit of a takebacksies, sure, but I don't care. We already know he's a good dude.

Trump isn't the standard you should be holding your candidate to.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Trump isn't the standard you should be holding your candidate to.

But Trump is President now, so he sort of is the standard we need to care about.

And don't you think you're being a little disingenuous? Bernie is on the opposite side of the planet, he's nothing like Trump. So he doesn't want to show you how many colonoscopies he's had..

This is part of the problem. Trump and republicans do whatever they want, but a portion of the left want to put themselves under a microscope and pick at their scabs until they're injured.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
But Trump is President now, so he sort of is the standard we need to care about.

And don't you think you're being a little disingenuous? Bernie is on the opposite side of the planet, he's nothing like Trump. So he doesn't want to show you how many colonoscopies he's had..

This is part of the problem. Trump and republicans do whatever they want, but a portion of the left want to put themselves under a microscope and pick at their scabs until they're injured.

"But mom! Donny hit me first!"

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Some added context:
Sanders is correct that his release of letters from his doctors is roughly in line with what other candidates have released. Former Vice President Joe Biden released a detailed medical summary several weeks ago that concluded he is "a healthy, vigorous, 77-year-old male, who is fit to successfully execute the duties of the Presidency."

It's also similar to what 2016 Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton released within days of a minor health episode.
Source: https://www.mediaite.com/election-2...owing-heart-attack-now-says-he-probably-wont/

Shame Warren goes above and beyond the other candidates and seems to be losing support. She's my number 2.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
This is concern trolling.

People are really obsessed with medical reports of candidates. If Bernie were president, I suspect he would choose a VP who would carry on his agenda if Bernie were to pass away. I see no problem with that. If you're so bent out of shape on the lack of good young candidates, then we should work on that, shouldn't we? Until then, old people are all we get. Maybe if Pete wouldn't embrace his rich donors and talking out of the side of his mouth, we wouldn't cling to old progressives like Bernie and Warren.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

What worries me is that Bernie would have someone like Tulsi as his VP. Nina Turner is in his inner circle and would be boosting her like crazy to make this happen.

Oct 25, 2017
The one that didn't have a heart attack and refuse to release the info about it he promised, perhaps?

Between this and the massive dragging of his feet in regards to releasing his taxes, you have to wonder what else he's not telling us.
Which octogenarian are you talking about this time?

maybe americans should aim higher and shoot for someone young, lucid and spry that's in their 50-60s

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
If you're not going to do it, then you shouldn't say you're going to do it. Simple stuff Bernie, come on. Between this and the slow release of accurate info when he had his heart attack, I worry his health will be a big target as things heat up.

Still my number 2 pick though.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
It really is funny to me the way certain folks will rant and rave about Politicians doing X, Y, and Z until their guy does it and suddenly worrying about trifling little things lying in public statements is "concern trolling".

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP I 100% agree with you. Imagine if a certain politician had done this... Sanders folk will make every single excuse for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.