• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
So this one he voted for but it isn't "the crime bill". What was different about it? In the video he said he voted for it but it failed.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of the quotes in that tweet are in the video. He spends the whole video saying that he understands the bill is flawed.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This was one of the worst things in the last cebtury we did and thankfully bernie has strongly repudiated his position on it. But since we agree this is bad we should coaslesce around getting biden out since thus far he has defended voting for this and called it a good thing.

Dec 31, 2017
No one said "US needs more jails" in the video you posted, unless there is some other clip.

It's a very milquetoast statement by sanders, more or less "the bill is not perfect but has some good parts that make it worth it."

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
He said it failed, is he referring to another crime bill and not "the crime bill" (which he also voted for)

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
So almost 30 years ago he supported tougher crime laws. The horror

And Warren was registered as a Republican once well before the time this video came out (and well, well before she became a politician herself) yet she can never be forgiven for that. People change all the time, yet apparently only some people are allowed credit for doing so.

Bernie supporters sometimes....

OP
OP
BoboBrazil

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
doesn't seem like it, with your thread and reply to another user.
Just because I post info about someone that's negative doesn't mean I don't support them or their policy agenda. My second post was more pointing out the hypocrisy of some Bernie supporters that happens and not the man himself.

Dec 31, 2017
And Warren was registered as a Republican once well before the time this video came out (and well, well before she became a politician herself) yet she can never be forgiven for that.

Bernie supporters sometimes....

How many people actually say she can never be forgiven for that? I think that's a dumbass criticism as well. Try not to stereotype all supporters of a particular candidate one way or the other. That may apply on vocal twitter minorities but that definitely does not translate to real life, as we have been shown time and time again.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knew he voted for the crime bill.

So, even if this was some other second crime bill he's talking about, it's not very surprising.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is fucking hilarious. The same shit Biden gets rightfully dragged for, Bernie can't be?

Fuck this noise. And ya'll wonder why Bernie will be destroyed come the southern primaries.
Biden gets dragged for calling black people bad parents in 2020. It just happens to be the case he had a long standing relationship w/ white supremacists going back 30 years as well.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of the quotes in that tweet are in the video. He spends the whole video saying that he understands the bill is flawed.

The second video in the thread is even him saying that he supported the bill for its parts about investing more money into prevention, and that he prefers prevention over punishment.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
Just because I post info about someone that's negative doesn't mean I don't support them or their policy agenda. My second post was more pointing out the hypocrisy of some Bernie supporters that happens and not the man himself.

What's with the obsession of trying to paint Bernie supporters as hypocrites on era? Every thread about Bernie turns into "nowww what will bernie supporters say about this???!"

He is the best candidate in the race and our best chance to defeat trump. I don't care if you hate him though, but for the haters... I hope they can hold their nose and vote Bernie in November like I did with Hillary in 2016 😀🙋🏼‍♀️

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Biden gets dragged for calling black people bad parents in 2020. It just happens to be the case he had a long standing relationship w/ white supremacists going back 30 years as well.

The article by CNN even says "Sanders more recently has described the bill as "terrible" and says he is sorry he voted for it, but his view at the time was that although the bill "isn't perfect," he viewed it as "a major step forward in controlling and preventing crime."

Biden hasn't changed. Bernie would be able to go up on stage, say exactly the ways he has changed, and people would see its legitimacy.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm talking about Biden's shit history as a whole. Present and past. Whether it's the parading around with segregationists, his support for the war on drugs etc.

Guess what, Bernie isn't immune from being called out on shit either just because he marched for civil rights and worked for an advocacy group on campus. This whataboutism and deflection is bullshit, sorry. Both of them have things they deserve to be called out for. It's not a god damn competition about who was worse.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The article by CNN even says "Sanders more recently has described the bill as "terrible" and says he is sorry he voted for it, but his view at the time was that although the bill "isn't perfect," he viewed it as "a major step forward in controlling and preventing crime."

Biden hasn't changed. Bernie would be able to go up on stage, say exactly the ways he has changed, and people would see its legitimacy.
I think so too. This is a major difference between Biden and Bernie. Bernie can admit his mistakes and show he's learned from them, where Biden just gaslights people and lies about his record.

Oct 27, 2017
Wasnt this already reported on? I def remembee a story where this was mentionedcand bernie talked about regretting voting for it

Status
Not open for further replies.