• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also says Mueller report that Russian actors supported his campaign is wrong

Bernie losing the plot completely and I supported him initially

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/21/bernie-sanders-trump-russia-interference-420528

"The real question to be asked is what was the Clinton campaign [doing about Russian interference]? They had more information about this than we did," Sanders said in the interviewwith Vermont Public Radio.

After being contacted by POLITICO about the interview, Sanders issued a lengthy statement calling the Russian involvement a "direct assault on the free democratic systems that stand in contrast to the autocratic, nationalistic kleptocracy of Vladimir Putin and his backers in the Russian oligarchy" which "deserves unconditional condemnation."

"They were supporting my campaign? No. They were attacking Hillary Clinton's campaign and using my supporters against Hillary Clinton," Sanders said in the radio interview.

Asked why Sanders would blame Clinton for not intervening, Weaver said, "Uh, I don't know. They [Clinton's campaign] did have more information."

As for Sanders' claims of having gone to Clinton's campaign about possible Russian meddling, Weaver said Sanders was "speaking broadly."

"What he knows is all from published news reports," Weaver said.

Geirskogul

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's right. The Podesta e-mails were hacked because her staff fell for a blatant phishing attack that anyone with even the most basic common sense would have avoided.

And the defining issue of her entire campaign would have never been an issue if she hadn't been breaking the rules in the first place.

As for the DNC e-mails, there was plenty of legitimately damning stuff in there and the fact that it was obtained and leaked to the public illegally does not excuse the actual highly troublesome contents of the e-mails in any way.

Last edited:

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
tenor.gif

Oct 27, 2017
"They were supporting my campaign? No. They were attacking Hillary Clinton's campaign and using my supporters against Hillary Clinton," Sanders said in the radio interview.

Asked why Sanders would blame Clinton for not intervening, Weaver said, "Uh, I don't know. They [Clinton's campaign] did have more information."

As for Sanders' claims of having gone to Clinton's campaign about possible Russian meddling, Weaver said Sanders was "speaking broadly."

"What he knows is all from published news reports," Weaver said.

wut
This literally sounds like it could've been someone interviewing Trump. I'm pretty sure he's used those exact words too

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
He's right. The Podesta e-mails were hacked because her staff fell for a blatant phishing attack that anyone with even the most basic common sense would have avoided.

And the defining issue of her entire campaign would have never been an issue if she hadn't been breaking the rules in the first place.

what rules was she breaking exactly?

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL

This guy gets it. So does Bernie. I wish he were younger, I would want him to run again in 2020.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know I agreed to stop saying things that might cause division like riling up Bernie supporters for example.

It sure would be nice if Bernie did the same thing, because this shit helps no one but the opposition.

OP
OP

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is literally victim blaming

Oct 30, 2017
Everyone, including most of this fucking forum, mocked Hillary to high hell whenever she brought up Russia. So enough of this "Why didn't Clinton say/do anything about it" bullshit.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
How hard is it to acknowledge that you benefitted from this Russian shit, while simultaneously condemning it? I know about four people who were Sanders supporters that were radicalized in part by Russia propaganda on Facebook. Heck, he doesn't even have to worry about being delegitimized.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Pretty much.
Jesus Christ leave Hillary alone...

You're right. She should take her sex offender defending ass out of the public eye and stay out of the 2018 and 2020 elections, then she can be left alone

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You know I agreed to stop saying things that might cause division like riling up Bernie supporters for example.

It sure would be nice if Bernie did the same thing, because this shit helps no one but the opposition.
Since he ran for president, you would think he would be held to higher standards. Disappointing.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
A great many of his more fervent supporters were willful pawns (that never stopped, regardless of the direction their vote was cast), no doubt about that.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

As for the DNC e-mails, there was plenty of legitimately damning stuff in there and the fact that it was obtained and leaked to the public illegally does not excuse the actual contents of the e-mails in any way.

Oh honey.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How hard is it to acknowledge that you benefitted from this Russian shit, while simultaneously condemning it? I know about four people who were Sanders supporters that were radicalized in part by Russia propaganda on Facebook. Heck, he doesn't even have to worry about being delegitimized.
I agree with this too, but From where I've been sitting, that demand has constantly made in bad faith. People demanding that he own that some how want him to do so like he wanted that shit willfully. The McCarthy angle. Same for Jill Stein

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
He's right you know.

The rest is incomprehensible though.
But it's such a pointless distinction. During the primaries, attacking Clinton's campaign was helping Bernie's, and we know from the indictments that Russians were told not to go after Bernie.

It's the same football analogy that Mueller explained to the GOP members of the oversight committee. Wanting one side to lose is functionally the same as wanting the other side to win, when there's only two teams.

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
I don't see where he blames the Clinton campaign. He just suggests that they could've done more (not much more, from the sound of it), which hinges on his unverifiable claim that they gave the Clinton campaign some information about this.

Which is silly, but not quite the same.

Or did I miss something more direct that he said?

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie, why do this?

1. She was the victim of the Russian interference in the election. Bernie was helped by it. Trump was greatly helped by Russia. How is this on her?
2. Hillary Clinton is already a pariah in American politics. There's no need for Dems to keep beating this dead horse. It's a bad look and it's not constructive.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much.

You're right. She should take her sex offender defending ass out of the public eye and stay out of the 2018 and 2020 elections, then she can be left alone
Pretty much.

I don't see her up for office. She's barely in the public eye. Meanwhile you have Bernie continuing with the purity tests. I can't wait for him to get wrecked in 2020.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
It's this what we're doing now? Re-litigating 2016 forever? Bernie and Hillary stands arguing who's at fault for Trump even when the guy is long past being president?

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't see her up for office. She's barely in the public eye. Meanwhile you have Bernie continuing with the purity tests. I can't wait for him to get wrecked in 2020.

She's going to campaign and fundraiser for corporate Democrats.

And you only hate purity tests when it's against your candidate lmao. A candidate as impure as Hillary couldn't pass the most simple purity test of all. Beating the most slam dunk opponent in the history of elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.