• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018

.@BernieSanders rips @JoeBiden 4 skipping #CADem19: "and those who have chosen for whatever reason not to be in this room (boos) about the best way forward so let me be as clear as I can be: We will not defeat Donald Trump unless we bring excitement and energy into the campaign"

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Considering we cant really find biden anywhere but schmoozing with rich donors most of the time, i think its pretty reasonable to ask where he is, if not at a dem convention.

Although it is pretty funny that he's at an LGBTQ event in this instance, i guess we can give him a pass this time...as long as it doesnt have any comcast or big pharma executives

It would help if he started actually campaigning and not thinking he doesnt have to do anything or engage with the other candidates because he is Obama's friend therefore on another level

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
call me a cynic but this looks like Biden ducked a venue he knew he wasn't gonna be welcomed at and shielded incoming criticism with an LGBTQ venue

but well played I guess

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

That said Biden was actually better than Obama on the whole gay marriage thing so credit where credit is due I guess.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty cool. Hadn't seen a lot of coverage for Biden's activity as of late, so I'm not surprised people were under the assumption he was simply ducking.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Arguably this plays off poorly for them, all the Democrats crowding in California while Joe visits Real America.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden has been pretty solid on LGBTQ Rights. He was signaling support for Gay marriage while Obama was still evolving his views. Was this event skip a calculated move? lets be real here a Democrat is winning California no matter what. Being at other events is not going to Harm Biden and its not an event that's going to win him Conservative votes so its not all politics.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
call me a cynic but this looks like Biden ducked a venue he knew he wasn't gonna be welcomed at and shielded incoming criticism with an LGBTQ venue

but well played I guess

It's not even a good excuse. Bernie and several other candidates had their speeches today. Biden could have absolutely made it.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Biden has been pretty solid on LGBTQ Rights. He was signaling support for Gay marriage while Obama was still evolving his views. Was this event skip a calculated move? lets be real here a Democrat is winning California no matter what. Being at other events is not going to Harm Biden and its not an event that's going to win him Conservative votes so its not all politics.

The real harm will come when people realize he's not actually trying to campaign with the other candidates and coasting off of his name recognition. while running from the people the ground , who were at this event quite clearly.

Its nice to be at a LGBT gala, but the candidates that were hitting him have more spotless records on LGBTQ rights than him(despite being better on the issue than the worst of them), especially Sanders going back to the 80s and 70s. What matters is if Biden is going to actually start engaging until the other candidates cant stop hitting him over the head with it

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Ohio is more america than California?

To the kind of voters his campaign is playing for, yes. Not saying it's right, just that it fits with his strategy thus far which is to go for the Dems' own version of the "Silent Majority."

Tha fuck is real America?

It's tongue-in-cheek on my part but this sentiment is all too real for a large segment of voters, including many in the Democratic base.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I think this is it. It pains me to say people I agree with more walked in to it and Biden looks better for it. Ugh!

The California Democratic convention is a 3 day event with the candidate addresses in all sorts of time slots. Biden could have absolutely made both events if he wanted to go.

Oct 27, 2017
The California Democratic convention is a 3 day event with the candidate addresses in all sorts of time slots. Biden could have absolutely made both events if he wanted to go.
Or what? He won't win California when he's the nominee? Perhaps the better question is why weren't the others in states that actually matter.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Arguably this headline benefits him more than going to the California Democratic convention. And, to be frank, who bases their vote on whether or not someone attended a state convention? Like this is the most drop in the bucket, inside-politics thing and it only benefits Biden for people to get stuck on it.

Pretty much. Dude isn't going to look great next to other dems

Biden's not gonna look great in any context to people that actually understand the details of what he did. But that's a minority of a minority, seeing as just about every candidate's base love him and would pick him as a second choice, so the visuals wouldn't have an impact (Not that the average, or even the average informed, voter is even going to pay attention to a state convention). Like, when's the last time you actually watched a state convention?

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Or what? He won't win California when he's the nominee? Perhaps the better question is why weren't the others in states that actually matter.

All these candidates have been in multiple states campaigning their asses off for this for months whereas Biden hasnt and decided he was too good for that, despite being the one with the most baggage. That's the rub. If he wanted to make a prerecorded statement, or even come back after the event he was at, that would be something important.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
The democrats shouldn't be wasting their time in CA anyway.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What did Warren say?

Edit - Ah, in the AP article. Not really a snipe at him for not being there, just more of a general one.

Some Democrats in Washington believe the only changes we can get are tweaks and nudges. ... Some say if we all just calm down, the Republicans will come to their senses.