• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you want open spoilers for new chapters in this thread?

• No. Always use spoiler tags for significant revelations.

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Open spoilers only after a new volume has released.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Open spoilers only after a new chapter is officially available.

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is officially available.

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Open spoilers whenever a new chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know Miura wants to take the time to create a perfect chapter, since he only gets one chance.

Not gonna lie, still real fucking salty. What a troll.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Pretty cool (and short) chapter despite the disappointment of the focus going back to Griffith. However, I'm still very intrigued as to where Miura goes from here.

The art is really incredible this chapter and I really like the look of these new enemies.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Miura probably wants to think over his options for this again. What happens with Casca is going to have more repercussions than any other event in series history. It's literally going to tell us how this all ends, so whatever he does he's got to be sure.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Miura probably wants to think over his options for this again. What happens with Casca is going to have more repercussions than any other event in series history. It's literally going to tell us how this all ends, so whatever he does he's got to be sure.

Nah he's just prepping us for 10 volumes of Guts and Casca farming the land of Elfhelm.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually enjoyed the farm arc in Vagabond. There was some incredibly insightful aspects to that entire part and some of the imagery and realizations on Musashi's part were amazing to see.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I expected that.

Can someone remind me what the fuck is even going on there

Kuksune

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Sweden
That read was lightning quick, i want more dammit! Maybe i'll start reading vagabond or something to keep me occupied while i wait for more chapters in berserk.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
That read was lightning quick, i want more dammit! Maybe i'll start reading vagabond or something to keep me occupied while i wait for more chapters in berserk.

dude, while i think that vagabond is another contenter for being one of the best manga reads i had. You will fall into the same pit if not a vorse vortex of pain after you reached the latest chapter

which was released around 2015 and is now on hiatus

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't even mind the change of focus, as long as we get back to Casca soon (i.e., before a hiatus).

Lots of people were thinking that the time on Elfhelm would equate to a psuedo-timeskip...so is what's going on with Griffith's crew meant to be contemporaneous? Mule and Sonia (that was her, right?) don't look any older. That doesn't prove anything, of course, just thinking aloud...

Kuksune

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Sweden
dude, while i think that vagabond is another contenter for being one of the best manga reads i had. You will fall into the same pit if not a vorse vortex of pain after you reached the latest chapter

which was released around 2015 and is now on hiatus
Ah shiet, maybe i'll just read Jojo part 5 instead then.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Vagabond went on hiatus in a spot that you can almost just lie to yourself and imagine that's the ending of the manga. At this point that's what I'm doing.

Oct 29, 2017
NL
giphy.gif

I didnt even expect another chapter so whatever

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
*sigh*...oh

Well at least we're getting chapters and, seeing how "part one" is in the title, I can temper my expectations for next time.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Yo wtffff at this trolling.

I was waiting the last few days for EG's translation to come out, even waited till after work so I can sit down and read it properly. I didn't even read the chapter yet but I feel sad :(

The title says "Part 1" too nooooooooooooooooooo

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo wtffff at this trolling.

I was waiting the last few days for EG's translation to come out, even waited till after work so I can sit down and read it properly. I didn't even read the chapter yet but I feel sad :(

The title says "Part 1" too nooooooooooooooooooo

There are literal trolls in this chapter too. Though it being the first part isn't that surprising considering it cuts off before anything of note seriously happens.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's pretty obvious he's delaying the reunion to think on it more. It will be one of the most important moments in the series regardless of which direction it goes. We probably won't see it this year tbh.

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god Miura why?!

Also, absolutely pointless to have waited for the EG version because there was almost no dialogue

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good chapter. Seeing a battle pitting monsters against monsters is really cool. Also, gorgeous as always.Obviously, we all want to see a resolution to Casca meeting Guts, but I guess Miura wants to build more anticipation. :P Should have seen it coming. Let's just hope we get there before the next hiatus.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Me and my friend across 4 seats instantly shared a look of "hey that's...!!!" when it came up.

True story.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading through this for the first time and I'm looooving it. Faces in particular are amazing. Sometimes the action is hard to follow but it's fine.

But man, basically everything in the Souls games is Berserk inspired, huh? Even subtle stuff I just got to the part where the go to the prison to find Griffith and when they showed the branded corpses in the forgotten city at the bottom of the tower all I could think of was Profaned Capital from Dark Souls III. And that even had a prison above it now that I think about it! And like Skeleton Knight is basically a Darkwraith but that's more obvious. And the messengers from Bloodborne just popped in a few chapters ago to chat with Griffith.

OP
OP
Sir Guts

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I'm reading through this for the first time and I'm looooving it. Faces in particular are amazing. Sometimes the action is hard to follow but it's fine.

But man, basically everything in the Souls games is Berserk inspired, huh? Even subtle stuff I just got to the part where the go to the prison to find Griffith and when they showed the branded corpses in the forgotten city at the bottom of the tower all I could think of was Profaned Capital from Dark Souls III. And that even had a prison above it now that I think about it! And like Skeleton Knight is basically a Darkwraith but that's more obvious.
Oh you're in for one hell of a journey! Yeah Miyazaki is a Berserk freak! You can tell from the enemies and even characters. I won't go deeper to not spoil anything but you'll notice as you progress in the story. Have fun!