• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you want open spoilers for new chapters in this thread?

• No. Always use spoiler tags for significant revelations.

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Open spoilers only after a new volume has released.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Open spoilers only after a new chapter is officially available.

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is officially available.

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Open spoilers whenever a new chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Does he have a squids lower body or something? What is happening here?

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
jbLTefN.jpg

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
This is just before it cuts to a side ways shot of Guts struggling to walk over spilt troll blood and he slips and falls face down! The group erupts in laughter to a crowd laughing track and Guts gets a bonus sweat drop in his embarrassment.

"I want to go home..." is the last thing we hear before it cuts to black and credits roll.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When are we getting a new season? It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, and I want some new animated Berserk.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Man that graph is bs, Guts got street smarts that should count with intelligence

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost caught up now, up through Falconia. If Guts ever decides to act on his revenge he's going to be the most hated person in history lol

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be so good lol, he has it coming. Even if he did make the holiest man on earth cry tears of joy and created a literal world tree of light.

Whatever is happening is going to be ultra bad. Whether Griffith is going to fully go through with it at the cost of losing the kingdom he has been obsessed with since he was a human is another thing. Then again we really don't know what's going on but generally it sounds like it's about gathering power in Falconia.

As to Guts he already is viewed in a pretty negative light by most people from his Black Swordsman days. I could see that image being amplified several fold if he goes after Griffith and becomes notorious for it. Guts could even become the counterpoint to Griffith's Falcon of the Light and a black dog being the sign of evil is fairly common.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
LOL, you're all focused on the wrong thing with that preview page I posted. Read the actual text for the description of Guts.

Not only does it have an obvious spelling mistake, but the description is actually for Farnese! O_o

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
I'm way behind on this series...I read up through the Golden Age last year and thought it was fantastic. I recently watched the 1997 anime and the Golden Age film series.

Both were OK, but I was disappointed that neither covered the Black Swordsman arc. I felt the Count's story in particular was critical to fully understand that Griffith had an actual choice. The story hammers home the idea of fate, but that moment is a tip of the hand that fate is bullshit.

This past weekend I read The Lost Children chapter. I thought it was pretty great. I continue to appreciate the demonic depiction of Guts when he is enraged. It's a cool contrast to Griffith.

I'll continue to post impressions here as I work my way through the series, though I'll generally stay out unless I'm addressed directly to avoid spoiler discussion.

Thanks for reading if you did! And if you didn't...well that's OK, too. =)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm way behind on this series...I read up through the Golden Age last year and thought it was fantastic. I recently watched the 1997 anime and the Golden Age film series.

Both were OK, but I was disappointed that neither covered the Black Swordsman arc. I felt the Count's story in particular was critical to fully understand that Griffith had an actual choice. The story hammers home the idea of fate, but that moment is a tip of the hand that fate is bullshit.

This past weekend I read The Lost Children chapter. I thought it was pretty great. I continue to appreciate the demonic depiction of Guts when he is enraged. It's a cool contrast to Griffith.

I'll continue to post impressions here as I work my way through the series, though I'll generally stay out unless I'm addressed directly to avoid spoiler discussion.

Thanks for reading if you did! And if you didn't...well that OK, too. =)
Never forget the Guts is imperfect. I think people gloss over some of the shit that he did. Lost Children is great though, it shows to me that there's a lingering amount of humanity in the apostles.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
What do you mean what?

Read the text in the bottom left corner of the preview page for Guts from the GuideBook. Dark Horse clearly stuffed up, but luckily it'll likely be fixed once the GuideBook is out.
Heh yeah I was just so surprised because I thought the page was for Guts and its already messy with that stat graph, the Farnese thing was jusy the cherry on top of it :P

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for reading if you did! And if you didn't...well that's OK, too. =)

I really look forward to reading your impressions as you get to some of the later plot developments.

What do you mean what?

Read the text in the bottom left corner of the preview page for Guts from the GuideBook. Dark Horse clearly stuffed up, but luckily it'll likely be fixed once the GuideBook is out.

If it ever comes out...Amazon says October 2nd now.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Binding Chain Chapter

That Guts is being pursued comes as little surprise. His quest for vengeance leaves behind a ton of collateral damage and quite a body count, so I doubt it's something that the powers that be can allow. I'm reminded a bit of Trigun, though Vash's morals are quite a bit different from Guts's...in that they, you know...exist (joking, don't @ me). Farnese is an interesting character. I feel like I'll be seeing more of her, and the doubt that was sowed by her experience is probably going to lead to quite a change in her when next we meet and moving forward. Azan was cool, too. Maybe a little more proud than he should be...he gives me Steiner (FFIX) vibes but without the comedy. I've forgotten his name, but that last knight that faced off with Guts is a real piece of work. I feel he might be a real problem later on, but he could also just be Pariston for all I know.

Onto the Birth Ceremony Chapter, which looks to be quite a bit longer than this last one. I'll post thoughts again when I'm finished and reply to any discussion about the previous chapter that quotes me until then.

Binding Chain Chapter

That Guts is being pursued comes as little surprise. His quest for vengeance leaves behind a ton of collateral damage and quite a body count, so I doubt it's something that the powers that be can allow. I'm reminded a bit of Trigun, though Vash's morals are quite a bit different from Guts's...in that they, you know...exist (joking, don't @ me). Farnese is an interesting character. I feel like I'll be seeing more of her, and the doubt that was sowed by her experience is probably going to lead to quite a change in her when next we meet and moving forward. Azan was cool, too. Maybe a little more proud than he should be...he gives me Steiner (FFIX) vibes but without the comedy. I've forgotten his name, but that last knight that faced off with Guts is a real piece of work. I feel he might be a real problem later on, but he could also just be Pariston for all I know.

Onto the Birth Ceremony Chapter, which looks to be quite a bit longer than this last one. I'll post thoughts again when I'm finished and reply to any discussion about the previous chapter that quotes me until then.

Uff you are with first introduction Farnese, enjoy, enjoy the ride.