• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you want open spoilers for new chapters in this thread?

• No. Always use spoiler tags for significant revelations.

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Open spoilers only after a new volume has released.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Open spoilers only after a new chapter is officially available.

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is officially available.

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Open spoilers whenever a new chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters

mintzilla

Nov 6, 2017
Canada
Regarding the original anime, what would you call the style of music it contains? The soundtrack is too short but I would love to discover more proper music like it.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Man Puck is awesome.

Yes he is.

ca5627c00ce1534e5b142c483e5cb530.jpg

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I take it back, this will be my last post of the night. I'm so confused about the causality stuff being sprouted by the godhand. What does that mean exactly?

It means everything is predetermined towards a goal.

I would have said I don't expect anyone will ever touch Berserk but I said the same thing about Preacher. That said I think Berserk would be even tougher than Game of Thrones to adapt for numerous reasons.

They will remove the explicit content and get on with it. I've seen the future. We will all look back fondly to the 2016 show.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Rosine fight is excellent. Rosine is actually my favorite Apostle. It's also pretty fucked up how Guts used Rosine's affection for Jill against her.
I haven't encountered her again after she left, but if she returns I hope she becomes a good apostle.
I'm enjoying your reactions but just wanted to single this one out for agreement... Puck is the best.

Puck is dope. He alone can fuck up Griffith.
Chestnut Puck is best Puck

It's been the only Puck for about 10 years
I take it I'm not there yet.
It means everything is predetermined towards a goal.

They will remove the explicit content and get on with it. I've seen the future. We will all look back fondly to the 2016 show.
Ohhhh, and Guts is the one who makes his own destiny, a.k.a The struggler.
Are you guys talking about a live action berserk adaptation or an anime one?

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also just started The Hawk of the Millennium Empire arc. So what am I in store for?
And so if Griffith is fused with Guts and Casca's child, wouldn't killing him mean killing the child too?
Bakiraka is dope too. Way he caught that arrow, and shut the general up.
Zodd is a goddamn monster, literally and figuratively lol. Locus too, although he showed up randomly.
So Griffith is conning people into thinking he "the chosen one" and basically the savior. I'm guessing people are gonna think Guts is the anti-christ when in fact it's the opposite. And Griffis is now openly using monsters? What's up with that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohhhh, and Guts is the one who makes his own destiny, a.k.a The struggler.
Are you guys talking about a live action berserk adaptation or an anime one?

He's a struggler cause he never gives up, that's why sknight calls him that (before the eclipse).
He's still bound to the flow of causality (a fish can jump against the flow a river, but can't change it's direction) and was a key player in the process of Griffith becoming Femto. After that its still a bit muddled how things operate.

Just speculating a possible berserk live action.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So Schierke said: Griffith is the hawk of darkness, king of the sinful black sheep, king of the blind white sheep. The one who shall call down up on the world an age of darkness.
Did he already start the age of darkness with the eclipse or Is that yet to happen?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
So Griffith is conning people into thinking he "the chosen one" and basically the savior. I'm guessing people are gonna think Guts is the anti-christ when in fact it's the opposite. And Griffis is now openly using monsters? What's up with that.

What makes this arc so great is that Griffith isn't conning anyone. He legit IS the savior. He is bringing together humanity and the "apostles" under one banner. He's legit the last hope for humanity in spite of how shitty and evil he truly is.

Whether or not Gutts is going to let this stop him from burying the Dragonslayer in him is another story.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohhhh things are gonna get even more fucked up then.
What makes this arc so great is that Griffith isn't conning anyone. He legit IS the savior. He is bringing together humanity and the "apostles" under one banner. He's legit the last hope for humanity in spite of how shitty and evil he truly is.

Whether or not Gutts is going to let this stop him from burying the Dragonslayer in him is another story.
Honestly, I'm torn. I want Guts and Casca too be happy together but Griffith needs to pay for what he did.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
I take it I'm not there yet.

Chestnut is just his floofy form like the pic above. I love all the antics he gets up to in the background of so many panels.

What makes this arc so great is that Griffith isn't conning anyone. He legit IS the savior.

Definitely interested to see how it plays out, but I can't get on board with this. I still feel that he has something seriously bad up his sleeve.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely interested to see how it plays out, but I can't get on board with this. I still feel that he has something seriously bad up his sleeve.

His ambition was to become king. He sold his friends down the river for just that but he wanted to become king for noble reasons at the end of the day.

I think he was just willing to do the most horrible shit ever to make that happen.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
His ambition was to become king. He sold his friends down the river for just that but he wanted to become king for noble reasons at the end of the day.

I think he was just willing to do the most horrible shit ever to make that happen.

That's a totally valid read and you might be right in the end...but I would say that he did it for selfish reasons ("I want my own kingdom," not "I want to make people's lives better") and I don't think he's quite done being selfish.

I absolutely want him to be sliced in half regardless though.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't encountered her again after she left, but if she returns I hope she becomes a good apostle.
Rosine is dead and Jill never appears again.
So Schierke said: Griffith is the hawk of darkness, king of the sinful black sheep, king of the blind white sheep. The one who shall call down up on the world an age of darkness.
Did he already start the age of darkness with the eclipse or Is that yet to happen?
When the shit with Griffith happens, you'll know.
That's a totally valid read and you might be right in the end...but I would say that he did it for selfish reasons ("I want my own kingdom," not "I want to make people's lives better") and I don't think he's quite done being selfish.

I'm very grey toned with my Griffith read. I think Griffith did a very fucked up thing for reasons that are right to him. His dreams mean enough to him that he'll sacrifice a lot of people that he cares for to achieve it. I think he wants him kingdom for the most part to make people lives better, but nobody knows what his ulterior motive for this is. For the most part I think he's been on the up and up (for what he is of course) and us the viewer are just supposed to side with Guts just knowing what he's done. He makes the everyday citizen have a better life, but he had to plant a lot of people to get that to happen.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
About time you got your ass on this ship Punished Goku, I'm the captian of this joint so you better respect my opinions kid

Now join us at the One Piece OT.
Yeah I'm leaving now
5f4.gif

Sike, I'm gonna tackle OP next. How many Ch's is that 800+?
Lotus i know you also float in here where you at bruh? I need people to join my band of the Khan. I totally won't sacrifice y'all.

Chestnut is just his floofy form like the pic above. I love all the antics he gets up to in the background of so many panels.

Oh I thought Puck was gonna get a new form or something.

Yeah I feel like he absolutely did it for selfish reasons. That vision he was seeing at the eclipse, I think he decided he wanted his own kingdom when he looked up at the castle. This is one crazy psychopathic motherfucker, and I won't be able to handle if he fucks with Guts and Casca again.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that what's Guts bloodlust is called?

The beast is all of the culmination of all the emotional trauma, the psychological scars and his worst thoughts and desires. It's a manifestation of all the worst parts of him that comes to him in moments of weakness or extreme duress to try and influence and direct him. Mind you this isn't some external supernatural creature or a separate entity that's attached itself to him. It's very much Guts, just him at his absolute worst and as he tries to claw his way back to humanity the beast tries to drag him down into the darkness.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody here get reminded of Berserk when watching Infinity War?
Specifically at this part
llcym7nqx5d11.png

I immediately tensed the fuck up.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I also love that Guts is finally able to start moving on from being a edgelord. He's being a much better inspiring and reassuring leader than Griffith was before he was all fucked up.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know Guts deepest darkest side wanted to kill/rape/toss Casca aside, but I hope it goes away, and she can forgive him and grow closer to him again.

Oct 25, 2017
So is Griffiths plan to bring monsters from the evil parts of the astral world such as Qliphoth to the physical world?
I'm pretty sure someone will correct me on this, but he's pretty much trying to unite the real world with the fantasy metaphysical world.
I also love that Guts is finally able to start moving on from being a edgelord. He's being a much better inspiring and reassuring leader than Griffith was before he was all fucked up.
Guts is probably slightly less of an internal mess than Griffith was. Once you add Griffith's emotions to the Griffith equation the dude is a mess.