• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you want open spoilers for new chapters in this thread?

• No. Always use spoiler tags for significant revelations.

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Open spoilers only after a new volume has released.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Open spoilers only after a new chapter is officially available.

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is officially available.

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Open spoilers whenever a new chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Me too. They've gone through so much. It'll just be interesting to see how much Casca cares about a revenge quest vs just living together.
I think at this point it's gonna be the opposite of Guts. She just wants to move on, and rest with the friends she made now. Guts will have to decide between Griffith or her. I think he'll choose her, but something will happen in which he'll have to go after Griffith. Probably something like where he finds out Griffith and gang are coming to conquer the elf island.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
alright I propose a friendly wager

Berserk 3-in-1 deluxe edition Vol 1 was announced in September and will release at the end of February. With a current total of 39 volumes, the new edition will be caught up in 13 volumes.

How many deluxe edition volumes will release before the release of Vol. 41?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
alright I propose a friendly wager

Berserk 3-in-1 deluxe edition Vol 1 was announced in September and will release at the end of February. With a current total of 39 volumes, the new edition will be caught up in 13 volumes.

How many deluxe edition volumes will release before the release of Vol. 41?
Reporting this post for depressing me.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably the first hiatus that's bothered me, if only because it's such a cliffhanger. I need to see what happens with Casca next.

I'll pass I fucking hate Goku.

That's why it would have to be mandatory.

mMsFtCQ.jpg

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
before I read berserk i saw the era thread about casca waking up

and i said "wow, the story is finally moving time to jump in"

and then i slowly caught up by buying every volume i could when i could afford it over a period of months

and then i found out the story had progressed 0

Oct 25, 2017

and then i slowly caught up by buying every volume i could when i could afford it over a period of months

Miura insures that it's same suffering for his fanbase regardless of when they first get introduced to Berserk.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏

Hahaha

Yo, at least your with us in this journey now. How do you like it so far?

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
So yeah that chapter with Casca came out in March.

What the fuck Miura

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I'm only on Vol. 9, but I think I can say that, objectively, this is the best manga out there (though I've heard great things about Vagabond as well).

The careful depth of the story and characters, the constantly dynamic and detailed artwork. Hard to beat, really.

And as a student and teacher of the classics, it makes me (continue to) long to see the Iliad or Odyssey, or the Aeneid, depicted in this medium.

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm only on Vol. 9, but I think I can say that, objectively, this is the best manga out there (though I've heard great things about Vagabond as well).

The careful depth of the story and characters, the constantly dynamic and detailed artwork. Hard to beat, really.

And as a student and teacher of the classics, it makes me (continue to) long to see the Iliad or Odyssey, or the Aeneid, depicted in this medium.

Vagabond is right there with it. You will also find an unfinished work though (more alarming than even Miura cause Inoue seems to have lost the desire to end it)

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is vagabond about? Is it complete or ongoing?

Its in a years long hiatus at this point. Its an incredible looking manga based on Eiji Yoshikawa's fictionalized retelling of the life of Miyamoto Musashi aka the greatest swordsman in Japanese history. Its as much a introspective philosophical work as it is a manga about incredible sword fights.

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it sucks as he was basically ramping up to the most legendary fight in Musashi's life.

One of my biggest expectations with the story was how Inoue was going to deal with the post-Kojiro duel. He did an exhibition many years ago about the end of the story, and just reading descriptions and photos about it is as beautiful as expected.

sXYddzB.jpg

What is vagabond about? Is it complete or ongoing?
Like HS said, its about a famous samurai and his bigger than life journey. Its a very spiritual, contemplative story. Its not complete and nothing has been released since 2014. Most Berserk fans also love it (not that they have much in common.)

Last edited:

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its in a years long hiatus at this point. Its an incredible looking manga based on Eiji Yoshikawa's fictionalized retelling of the life of Miyamoto Musashi aka the greatest swordsman in Japanese history. Its as much a introspective philosophical work as it is a manga about incredible sword fights.
One of my biggest expectations with the story was how Inoue was going to deal with the post-Kojiro duel. He did an exhibition many years ago about the end of the story, and just reading descriptions and photos about it is as beautiful as expected.
sXYddzB.jpg

sXYddzB.jpg

Like HS said, its about a famous samurai and his bigger than life journey. Its a very spiritual, contemplative story. Its not complete and nothing has been released since 2014. Most Berserk fans also love it (not that they have much in common.)
Sounds interesting, but I'll wait till it finishes releasing then.

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, has the author said anything about its state of existence right now?

This is what he said in 2010 (when the series was also on hiatus and he had health issues)

Inoue: Well, speaking in terms of what I want to do: As I said before, I really don't at all have the urge to work on it right now, but I do know that if I don't work on it, I'll be in trouble down the road, and that's basically what was keeping me going up until I went on hiatus. I don't think that's a good way of going about it. My hope is to stay away from Vagabond until all those unnecessary worries and emotions are gone and I'm ready to draw it because I want to draw it. I'm not sure if I'll be allowed to wait that long, though.

I see this hiatus as sort of a death for myself as an artist, which sounds like a pretty dramatic way to put it, I realize, but there's so much baggage that I've been dragging along for so long, and I know I'll become a much better artist if I shed all of that. After I return to that state of innocence, the manga I make will be several times better than what I'm capable of now, I'm sure of it. If I prematurely go back to working on it before that, I'll just end up going through this all over again. I mean, I'd manage to churn out something decent, I suppose, sheerly out of a sense of professional duty– but it probably wouldn't be anything outstanding. Although, really, the fact that I'm still talking about making it something "outstanding" is itself a sign that I'm still carrying that baggage around. Anyway, I'm not touching Vagabond for now, because I think that's what I need to be able to eventually produce something that feels right to me.

oh damn, I'd heard good things about vagabond but there's no way I'm starting if that's the case
You should. The journey is incredible and its not like we don't know what's going to happen next. And there's definitely a possibility there won't be more Vagabond.