• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you want open spoilers for new chapters in this thread?

• No. Always use spoiler tags for significant revelations.

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Open spoilers only after a new volume has released.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Open spoilers only after a new chapter is officially available.

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is officially available.

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Open spoilers whenever a new chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The reunion between Guts and Casca is imminent and the confrontation with Griffith is on the horizon. Is the end of Berserk approaching? You estimated that you were at 60-70% of the story in 2009, after 176 chapters... This number has now doubled!

For the reunion between Guts and Casca, it's done. I think I'm systematically wrong when I try to estimate these kinds of delays. However, it is true that the first serious duel with Griffith is approaching. As for the overall progress of the series, on the other hand.... It is heading towards its end, that's for sure. But if I say that there is still a fifth or a quarter to draw, this estimate may be lower than the reality. So I'd rather not go forward.

OH BOYYYYY. I don't want to get my hopes up. But I got my hopes up

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that interviewer was really shitting on the idea to do the story as a Japanese period film :(

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao those hopes and dreams of a proper live-action Berserk in that interview is a trip. The interviewer really wants it to happen and Miura is like, "Nah, actually I would rather have it be adapted as an old-school samurai flick."

Though I do think Berserk has one of the better chances of being a successful replacement to Game of Thrones as does Lord of the Rings.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia

Yeah, lots of juicy info here.

I read the interview the other day, and my main takeaway was that Miura thankfully still seems very determined to finish the story!

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
The interview was great with some good questions despite the last babble of adaptation talks (the part about Netflix got me excited though lol).

It's nice to see him talk about his publication history, especially since I had no idea the Eclipse had such a negative effect on the series popularity in Japan. I always thought such a big event would have had the opposite result, especially after seeing the popularity of attack on titan.

I was hoping for a question or two about how he feels about digital art now but I guess it didn't come up. I've seen some negativity about the interviewer but all in all he comes off as a big fan who knows his stuff.

And I think Miura alluding to the first battle with Griffith happening on the island. I don't see how it can be anything else if it's coming soon.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The interview was great with some good questions despite the last babble of adaptation talks (the part about Netflix got me excited though lol).

It's nice to see him talk about his publication history, especially since I had no idea the Eclipse had such a negative effect on the series popularity in Japan. I always thought such a big event would have had the opposite result, especially after seeing the popularity of attack on titan.

I was hoping for a question or two about how he feels about digital art now but I guess it didn't come up. I've seen some negativity about the interviewer but all in all he comes off as a big fan who knows his stuff.

And I think Miura alluding to the first battle with Griffith happening on the island. I don't see how it can be anything else if it's coming soon.
I'm gonna be so fucking mad if Guts bites it, but I am kind of expecting him too.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
don't_believe_his_lies_jpeg.jpg

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Wait I didn't know we're getting a chapter tomorrow!

But we're not getting one next month...I dunno if I'm happy or sad anymore :(

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm reading Berserk for the first time. I'm halfway volume 7. I can't believe how incredible are the dialogues, even Guts of all people (or maybe because how he is) deliver some amazing lines.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for this. Loved this quote:

Miura said:
For the reader, such a role is similar to the accompaniment of a dish intended to refresh the palate: in Japan, it would be the salted vegetable or the slice of pickled ginger. Abroad, Puck would probably be a pickle.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Is today or tomorrow the day of it being one of the best and worst days of my life?

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Japanese scans are out for chapter 358!

Miura's art never fails to amaze me. What a beautiful looking chapter! Falconia is stunning!

It's a dialogue heavy chapter and it seems to have a lot of interesting info crammed into it! And those last two pages? HOT DAMN!

For the next chapter we might actually be switching back to Guts and Casca with a certain someone!

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
so without even getting a translation for the new chapter Griffith is turning into the Moonlight Child at the end while jumping out a window to what appears to be the world tree on a full moon. I think we're not only gonna meet Guts and Casca very soon but they might be meeting Griffith soon as well!

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I didn't understand anything from a quick look at the scans but I'm not so excited about another Griffith chapter either way.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Another Griffith chapter? Fucking hell.

I have no idea how some of you have survived like this for so long.

I'd give my left nut for HBO to adapt Berserk into a live-action TV series.

We'd end up with a Game of Thrones situation where the showrunners would have to make up an ending of their own lol.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really know what the stance is on spoilers here for charters that are not yet part of a volume, but if the rule is that you can talk freely about them without spoiler tags after a while, I'll have to bail out of the thread. I'm waiting for volume 41 before reading everything.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I don't really know what the stance is on spoilers here for charters that are not yet part of a volume, but if the rule is that you can talk freely about them without spoiler tags after a while, I'll have to bail out of the thread. I'm waiting for volume 41 before reading everything.
Yup, okay to discuss them openly.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
So Griffith really is Moonlight Boy then. I guess this explains why the kid had those magic powers. I guess this also explains why Casca was drawn towards a reborn Griffith. I wonder what Moonlight boy's plan is gonna be since he seems pretty opposed to Griffith and supportive of Guts and his group.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
This chapter seems pretty important for what they're detailing about Griffith's Kingdom... that and the King Gaeseric panel
I looked over the scans again and I can't find the Gaeseric panel lol. I'll just wait for the proper scanlations from Mangareader.

Is the hair turning black why people are saying he's the moonlight kid? Does that mean the moonlight kid was always Griffith? That's all sorts of what the fuck. If so those older scenes when the kid was with Casca and Guts are gonna look so different now O_o