• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you want open spoilers for new chapters in this thread?

• No. Always use spoiler tags for significant revelations.

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Open spoilers only after a new volume has released.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Open spoilers only after a new chapter is officially available.

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is officially available.

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Open spoilers whenever a new chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Miura is setting up all these adaptations for disaster so that only when he's finally done with the series will he let some powerhouse team take it on as a passion project. Or he doesn't give a fuck and gives us another Berserk Musou and sits back counting his money.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Vol. 34 was insane. This art, holy shit.

Also, it destroyed Vol. 32 for number of double-page spreads.

Vol. 32 had 29.

Vol. 34... 61.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Vol. 40 is up for preorder on Amazon...October 8th :/

Oct 25, 2017
Hey those are my videos! Thanks for checking out. And yeah, the Grunbeld novel is atrocious. What I'm worried about is if it doesn't stop here, I'll be in some kind of eternal nightmare if I see "Nosferatu Zodd Light-novel announced" in the near future.
The thing is a lot of these characters could have good material made out of their back stories, it just hinges on the writer doing it being actually good and knowing the inner workings of what makes Berserk actually good and not caving into doing edgelord garbage.

BossGuts

Oct 28, 2017
The thing is a lot of these characters could have good material made out of their back stories, it just hinges on the writer doing it being actually good and knowing the inner workings of what makes Berserk actually good and not caving into doing edgelord garbage.

Yeah of course, I agree. Should have been more clear, I'm not opposed to backstories as long as Miura or someone competent is doing them. It really tells of Fukami vs Miura's writing quality when Miura established a better backstory for Ganishka in half a chapter than Fukami did for a whole book dedicated to Grunbeld.

I still think characters like Zodd will be explored more in the manga itself, I don't think Miura will want to hand them off. If another one of these books is coming then I'd want someone else writing one on let's say Irvine (He's for sure got the least background information out of all the Apostles in the Neo Band of the Hawk) I think Miura has bigger plans for Rakshas and Locus himself.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah of course, I agree. Should have been more clear, I'm not opposed to backstories as long as Miura or someone competent is doing them. It really tells of Fukami vs Miura's writing quality when Miura established a better backstory for Ganishka in half a chapter than Fukami did for a whole book dedicated to Grunbeld.

I still think characters like Zodd will be explored more in the manga itself, I don't think Miura will want to hand them off. If another one of these books is coming then I'd want someone else writing one on let's say Irvine (He's for sure got the least background information out of all the Apostles in the Neo Band of the Hawk) I think Miura has bigger plans for Rakshas and Locus himself.
Makes me wonder if Miura even proof read the Grundbeld book. I know it's not his but damn that man really needs to start disapproving stuff. Grundbeld is my favorite and I wish his book was good.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Hey those are my videos! Thanks for checking out. And yeah, the Grunbeld novel is atrocious. What I'm worried about is if it doesn't stop here, I'll be in some kind of eternal nightmare if I see "Nosferatu Zodd Light-novel announced" in the near future.

Judging by his first appearance we wouldn't get 20 paragraphs dedicated to Zodd's dong, at least

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Man, hate cascas new design. Probably gonna be worthless the rest of the series if he keeps her that way

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I bet Miura is having a hell of a time coming up with a suitable outcome to Casca regaining her sense of self. He's gotta be under immense pressure to do it correctly

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think the Grunbeld novel was just written to tie-in with the abysmal Berserker armor fight from the anime, which is also probably why it was written by the showrunner of the anime. So I doubt we'll see any more light novels announced anytime soon.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Omnibus edition is already half off in Amazon with prime, but I now I can wait for a sale considering I have already consumed the media. But man it's hard lmao.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Vol. 34 was insane. This art, holy shit.

Also, it destroyed Vol. 32 for number of double-page spreads.

Vol. 32 had 29.

Vol. 34... 61.

You know what?! Volume 34 might actually be my favourite volume of Berserk. The gorgeous art. The insane scope. The great payoff. It's all perfect! If anyone ever says to me that Berserk has gone downhill, I'll always shove volume 34 right into their face.

Wait, you're Spired?! Whoa...I had no idea. I've watched all of your Berserk videos. You make good content dude! Keep it up!

BossGuts

Oct 28, 2017
You know what?! Volume 34 might actually be my favourite volume of Berserk. The gorgeous art. The insane scope. The great payoff. It's all perfect! If anyone ever says to me that Berserk has gone downhill, I'll always shove volume 34 right into their face.

Wait, you're Spired?! Whoa...I had no idea. I've watched all of your Berserk videos. You make good content dude! Keep it up!

Yeah, Berserk going downhill is nonsense and people collate the release schedule with this, it's had some snags here and there but I think it's as good as ever.

Thanks for the kind comment! Glad my stuff is getting around out there.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Berserk going downhill is nonsense and people collate the release schedule with this, it's had some snags here and there but I think it's as good as ever.

Thanks for the kind comment! Glad my stuff is getting around out there.
Some people probably just pine for the edgelord era of Berserk and hate the high fantasy JRPG party aspects of it. I honestly still love this series. The quest to rescue Casca's mind was great, not to mention Millenium Falcon arc was good. Berserk's always been good.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Some people probably just pine for the edgelord era of Berserk and hate the high fantasy JRPG party aspects of it. I honestly still love this series. The quest to rescue Casca's mind was great, not to mention Millenium Falcon arc was good. Berserk's always been good.
I really like Guts' growth. Back during the Black Swordsman arc and beyond, he was very solitary and didn't care about his allies, but now he cares about his group and not as bloodthirsty as he was before.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I really like Farnese and where she ended up. Her, Schierke and JRPG leader Guts are the main reasons why I'm still engaged with the story.
Yeah they're the best. I loved how Farnese and Schierke's relationship is pretty much what Schierke had with her teacher. Not to mention it being a complete swerve from what you would expect from Farnese with her introduction. I miss crazy fanservice Farnese in a way, but at the same time I would've hated her long term if she stayed like that. I actually hope her friendship with Casca gets greatly expanded on now that Casca is actually aware.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been rereading this recently, I forgot where I left off but I had never quite caught up.I can't believe I forgot some much, it had only been about 6 or 7 years. I appreciate it a lot better, especially Guts but boy some of this shit is rough. That troll cave rape-orgy-pregnant-belly-explosion... nah fam

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they're the best. I loved how Farnese and Schierke's relationship is pretty much what Schierke had with her teacher. Not to mention it being a complete swerve from what you would expect from Farnese with her introduction. I miss crazy fanservice Farnese in a way, but at the same time I would've hated her long term if she stayed like that. I actually hope her friendship with Casca gets greatly expanded on now that Casca is actually aware.
Same here. I really like how Farnese and Schierke interact. I actually despised Farnese when she was crazy and antagonistic, so I'm glad she has turned over a new leaf. However, it's not just that. The way she changed was really well done and it wasn't out-of-character for her.

I too hope to see more of her and Casca. In fact, more interaction within Guts' party would be great.

Oct 25, 2017
Been rereading this recently, I forgot where I left off but I had never quite caught up.I can't believe I forgot some much, it had only been about 6 or 7 years. I appreciate it a lot better, especially Guts but boy some of this shit is rough. That troll cave rape-orgy-pregnant-belly-explosion... nah fam
I'm bout dat gorn life lol.
Same here. I really like how Farnese and Schierke interact. I actually despised Farnese when she was crazy and antagonistic, so I'm glad she has turned over a new leaf. However, it's not just that. The way she changed was really well done and it wasn't out-of-character for her.

I too hope to see more of her and Casca. In fact, more interaction within Guts' party would be great.
Yeah her turn was very well done and believable. She might seem chaotic, but I think she awakened a lot of actual personality not being around her family and dealing with their prejudice and protection. That woman grew a lot fighting for Casca, which is something she never thought that she would be able to do.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Hell, I could easily understand the argument of Vol. 34 for favorite volume of any manga (same with Vol. 13 for me as well).

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Man, hate cascas new design. Probably gonna be worthless the rest of the series if he keeps her that way
I rescind this comment, on a reread she already spends 95% of the time being worthless and is mostly used for emotion baiting . She either has a debilitating condition, is about to be raped, or is being raped. It's actually absurd that the rape stuff is well over double digits for a single character