• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you want open spoilers for new chapters in this thread?

• No. Always use spoiler tags for significant revelations.

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Open spoilers only after a new volume has released.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Open spoilers only after a new chapter is officially available.

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is officially available.

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Open spoilers whenever a new chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I figured the Dragon Slayer becoming an anathema to all things supernatural would be a big part of dealing with the God Hand.

As to what the GH and Griffith are actually up to it's still unknown what the final goal is but we've seen the steps they're taking to get there like destroying all the magic trees to empower the world tree, killing all the other supernatural creatures not aligned with the GH, consolidating as much of humanity into a single place.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I figured the Dragon Slayer becoming an anathema to all things supernatural would be a big part of dealing with the God Hand.

As to what the GH and Griffith are actually up to it's still unknown what the final goal is but we've seen the steps they're taking to get there like destroying all the magic trees to empower the world tree, killing all the other supernatural creatures not aligned with the GH, consolidating as much of humanity into a single place.
3 words
Rebirth of Godhand

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think humanity gets branded but I don,t think the story goes for that kind of genocide.
Falconia? Sure.
It makes sense right. Doom the world with the Apocalypse with the magical creatures. Create one safe Haven on Earth where everyone is there. Make it so that everyone all people are accepted. Boom God hand returns.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Skull Knight had the Berserker Armor while dealing with Void and Void's still rattling around. I think that's just a simple way of saying that Guts needs more.

Yeah and now the worlds are merged together. Which I (hope) Skull Knight did intentionally. Maybe it makes killing them actually easier/possible.

Also goddamn that face Guts made..I don't think he's ever looked so hurt before. HIt me hard.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and now the worlds are merged together. Which I (hope) Skull Knight did intentionally. Maybe it makes killing them actually easier/possible.

Also goddamn that face Guts made..I don't think he's ever looked so hurt before. HIt me hard.
I don't think Skull Knight did that intentionally. I really got the impression that SK aimed to kill Griffith with the Sword of Actuation and it just simply did fuck all to him.

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise.
I honestly think the God Hand are more in the know regarding how that world works to the point that it would be hard to out game them on the fantasy stuff. I think he just fucked up. He's probably been forming the sword of actuation since dealing with Void many moons ago thinking it would be a game changer only for it not to be.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
3 words
Rebirth of Godhand

I'm not sure why they need to reborn. The merging of the layers of the world basically allowed them to wander about the real world when they need a behelit to cross the layers before and just to create Apostles. If anything I feel like the fact that the GH seem to be consolidating power, not just humanity but spiritual and magical, entails they are going to do something on a scale that makes the Ganishka Tree look tiny and insignificant in comparison.

If I had a guess perhaps the Idea of Evil will be finally brought back into the story in some form or another thought is that the GH are trying to take full control of the universe in some manner, perhaps to fully control destiny as we know it or some incredibly grandiose plan like that.

Edit: Oh and the SK totally fucked up when trying to kill Femto with the Sword of Actuation. If anything the GH were expecting it because of their ties to causality. Not too mention using their own magical items against them was probably a mistake as well.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Edit: Oh and the SK totally fucked up when trying to kill Femto with the Sword of Actuation. If anything the GH were expecting it because of their ties to causality. Not too mention using their own magical items against them was probably a mistake as well.
But those beherits were so tasty!

I'm not sure what Miura has in mind for leveling the playing field but the God Hand now existing on the same plane of reality as Guts will be a big part of it imo.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
it said to be continued at the end of the chapter
so there's no new chapter in september? it will be duranki instead?
fuck you miura
:<

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Nice chapter but boy has the art/staging never fully recovered since Miura switched to digital. He'll still bring it for significant moments but for all the incidental panels it really feels like he's checked out. Characters and backgrounds feel so disconnected and flat. Its like comparing modern Simpsons to classic era.

Sorry, but this is straight up bullshit.

Feels like he's checked out? How can you say that after this chapter? Like...what?! Different doesn't automatically mean worse. Berserk is constantly changing when it comes to the art. It's nothing new.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
One thought of mine is about the prophecy/myth of the Hawk(Falcon?) of Light and Darkness. Obviously Griffith has positioned himself as the benevolent mangod and all his iconography basically builds off of that. Guts will no doubt be the darkness as is fairly fitting for a guy with such a black history and his entire look fits the bill as well. Considering how belief seems to have very real effects and implications for the world at large in Berserk maybe if Guts becomes that mythic Hawk of Darkness in the eyes of all the people left as he seeks revenge on Griffith it might put him on "par" with the GH. That and of course the merging of the layers also making this effect even more pronounced as the barriers between the real and the realms of imagination have fallen apart.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Bruh...

97PeTK5l.jpg

THE FEELS!!! I can totally see Guts deciding to leave the group behind on Elfhelm. Bloody hell Berserk is brilliant!

BossGuts

Oct 28, 2017
"Skull Knight, what's up with those spirit branches in the sky now? You wouldn't have anything to do with that would you?"

68751004_478301889635547_1856465073569005568_n.png

BossGuts

Oct 28, 2017
Did it really take 20 years to get to this moment?

Just about. I believe Puck suggested Elfhelm as a safe haven for Casca in 2001 so just under. However, Skull Knight suggesting that Casca could actually be healed of her insanity didn't happen until around 2004 I believe (Just after Guts got the Berserker Armor)

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Dude that was a great chapter.

I really like that Casca immediately can fight, I thought for sure she was going to be out of action for a good time but nope, she's whipping ass right out of the gate.

It really sucks that she can't look at Guts without recalling the Eclipse, and even worse, he knows it. Really good development for him too, you can truly see here he's not the same edgelord from back in the day, he really feels that when she's relapsing and you see it in his face, something he previously would try to hide.

I can totally see him trying to leave alone as to not hurt her or his friends further, but they're totally going to follow him. There's no way he's getting away from Farnese in particular, she's way too in love at this point even while she tries to deny it to wingman for Casca haha.

BossGuts

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, Guts leaving would be REALLY out of character now. Even with Casca's PTSD, it would go against his promise to never abandon her again when resting in Godos Cave.

Also good luck to Guts going solo without the help of Puck and Ivarela ESPECIALLY with the Berserker armor. He would have died 10x over if it weren't for them and their healing.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't Miura release one chapter every month.

The fuck is this guy's problem.

BossGuts

Oct 28, 2017
It's also worth noting it is sort of odd that Skull Knight has shown up now. Apart from like the journey to Albion (Where Guts and Puck met him on the way there) he usually only shows up at Temporal Junction Points (Qlipoth, The Ecipse, Astral Merge)

There are exceptions to this rule (Floras mansion but that was relatively close to Qlipoth anyway and I always took it as visiting an old friend anyway) and the Campfire that Guts rested at after he left the hawks (his first appearance IIRC)

Oh and I guess the beach where he talked to Schierke and Guts.. okay I guess it happens more often that not but it's usually because he's on his way with doing something with the Godhand and their ceremony shenanigans anyway.

It's making me even more curious of why he's shown up NOW of all times (Especially when it's lining up pretty nicely with Griffiths moonlight boy transformation hmmmm)

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Yeah, Guts leaving would be REALLY out of character now. Even with Casca's PTSD, it would go against his promise to never abandon her again when resting in Godos Cave.

Also good luck to Guts going solo without the help of Puck and Ivarela ESPECIALLY with the Berserker armor. He would have died 10x over if it weren't for them and their healing.

Guts might not even have the choice this time. I could see him leaving Elfhelm with Skull Knight. Who knows? Miura can take the story in a lot of different directions...

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Elfhelm is full of magic trees, powerful wizards and all manner of fantastical creatures. There are a ton of reasons for Griffith to go there.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Casca may never be able to completely face Guts again without her monumental torment haunting her. Their situation is truly heartbreaking ;_;
It was nice to see Casca be able to fight again after a long time, so there's that.

Bruh...

97PeTK5l.jpg

THE FEELS!!! I can totally see Guts deciding to leave the group behind on Elfhelm. Bloody hell Berserk is brilliant!

The last time he left everything went to absolute shit. What will happen if he leaves again? Griffith's army is probably the next danger with them gaining fast travel and all.

BossGuts

Oct 28, 2017
Guts might not even have the choice this time. I could see him leaving Elfhelm with Skull Knight. Who knows? Miura can take the story in a lot of different directions...

I couldn't see Skull Knight needing a travelling buddy. He does uhhh 'perfectly fine' [Citation needed] on his own and I doubt that Guts could bring much to the table that SK can't already do.

He's probably just gonna say something along the lines of "told you so" say some cryptic dialogue about the current world state which will give Guts an ultimatum and then peace out.

Elfhelm is full of magic trees, powerful wizards and all manner of fantastical creatures. There are a ton of reasons for Griffith to go there.

This is also true. Especially since Griffith outright confirmed in 358 that his plan is to eliminate all astral creatures from the physical world. But at the moment he's travelling there as the Moonlight boy (or so we can guess) whether or not he has any semblance of control whilst in that form now we'll have to see in the coming times.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
In regards to Guts leaving again, one scene that always comes to mind is when Guts is resting on the ship en route to eLfheim. He's resting from his injuries, starting to lose his vision from excessive use of the Berserker armor (and remembering that Skull Knight told him this will happen, how he will lose his humanity piece by piece) and even then, when he turns away from the lantern, all he could think about was the Eclipise and Griffith.

Coupled with that scene when Guts dreamed of the Beast of Darkness in his fever, unchained and chasing after Griffith. I saw it as a strong hint that Guts can't just let go of what happened, probably even if it means leaving Casca again.

The only wild card here is Casca and to an extent the other Behelit Guts carries on him.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Man I thought this was a troll chapter created by a doujin artist when I saw the change to digital and Puck making jokes about it being 20 years

wig split

Nov 1, 2017
Am I the the only one who can't stand the new digital art? It's so bland to look at - it's well drawn but really lacks the grittiness of the traditional style. The crosshatching / screen tones were very appealing to me.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Am I the the only one who can't stand the new digital art? It's so bland to look at - it's well drawn but really lacks the grittiness of the traditional style. The crosshatching / screen tones were very appealing to me.
I wouldn't say I can't stand it but it's certainly a step down for me as well. Besides the softer tones, there are some changes in style that seem more intentional than just a simple switch to digital, particularly with the eyes and stuff.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

I'd say it's more his art style continuing to evolve and this isn't exactly a place for gritty art considering it's a fantasy island full of elves, wizards and all kinds of magical creatures.