• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you want open spoilers for new chapters in this thread?

• No. Always use spoiler tags for significant revelations.

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Open spoilers only after a new volume has released.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Open spoilers only after a new chapter is officially available.

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is officially available.

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Open spoilers whenever a new chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Open spoilers one week after the chapter is available in any capacity.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even realize they were making a new Blade of the Immortal anime. I hope it turns out better than the last attempt.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

ps. this goes without saying but the trailer is gore-y.

Just saw this trailer of 'Blade of the Immortal' and I keep thinking, why didn't Berserk get the same treatment?

Liam-Neeson.gif

I know nothing about the manga nor the old anime but at least visually this look great. There isn't really anything good you can say about recent Berserk anime.

We just need to get Miike to direct a Berserk movie and we'll get a solid anime in 2-3 years.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This begs the question of WTF were the previous God Hand members since I thought Void was the oldest of the current crop and if there was a previous 4 WTF happened to them?
The story that Mozgus tells about the sage who was tortured does not mention four angels. It just says "an" angel descended, which you can interpret as Void himself becoming the first God Hand. The four angels who destroyed the city was a different story, and there's a theory that it's actually referring to the four elemental kings.

As for how Void himself became a God Hand without any previous members to summon, a pretty good theory I read is that after being tortured, he projected himself into the Astral Plane and went into the Abyss, where he met the Idea of Evil and made a deal with it to become the first member of the God Hand. Void then created the behelits and the whole concept of sacrificing, which is why he's the one who performs the branding ritual and acts as the ring leader of the God Hand.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The story that Mozgus tells about the sage who was tortured does not mention four angels. It just says "an" angel descended, which you can interpret as Void himself becoming the first God Hand. The four angels who destroyed the city was a different story, and there's a theory that it's actually referring to the four elemental kings.

As for how Void himself became a God Hand without any previous members to summon, a pretty good theory I read is that after being tortured, he projected himself into the Astral Plane and went into the Abyss, where he met the Idea of Evil and made a deal with it to become the first member of the God Hand. Void then created the behelits and the whole concept of sacrificing, which is why he's the one who performs the branding ritual and acts as the ring leader of the God Hand.
I guess there's a theory for everything.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Well the implication of Void being at the thumb of the God Hand is pretty telling. You can't do anything without your thumbs so I have to think he's a lot more essential to the Idea of Evil (or whatever it ends up being) than the other 4, to some extent at least.

Oct 25, 2017
Slann was made a member of the GH to liven things up.
Would love to get backstory on her.
Well the implication of Void being at the thumb of the God Hand is pretty telling. You can't do anything without your thumbs so I have to think he's a lot more essential to the Idea of Evil (or whatever it ends up being) than the other 4, to some extent at least.
You probably wouldn't have gotten Femto without Ubik and Conrad mindfucking Griffith with their visions so I think the other four do have a use. Slann is just likes to toy with peoples libido's I assume.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

ps. this goes without saying but the trailer is gore-y.

Just saw this trailer of 'Blade of the Immortal' and I keep thinking, why didn't Berserk get the same treatment?

Liam-Neeson.gif

I know nothing about the manga nor the old anime but at least visually this look great. There isn't really anything good you can say about recent Berserk anime.

wow, i had no idea blade of the immortal was getting a new anime. To be fair the first anime version of boti is one of the few things i would put next to the horror that was the last berserk show.

EDIT: On one hand Hamasaki is directing this (there's some shots there straight out of Shigurui), on the other it seems like they want to adapt the whole series in 24 episodes lol

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It just makes no sense 'cus there's billions of anime coming out every hour that all look better than Berserk did. Literally anyone else could've made a better looking show.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I finally got around to reading the first couple of Duranki chapters. So far the story and all of the characters are pretty decent, but damn...the art sure is impeccable!

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Duranki just reminds me of the unfortunate reality that Miura is a pretty big lolicon.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Felt it was time to do a reread of Berserk to catch up (haven't read since the infamous boat hiatus), and I totally forgot how almost explicit Griffith's implied romantic feelings for Guts is. I mean, the entire time Griffith is having sex with Charlotte all he's doing is thinking about Guts. Every irrational decision he makes has something to do with Guts. Looking up some discussions on the internet it kind of blows my mind that so many people are in denial about it. Miura all but states Griffith is in love with Guts but no, it's actually just strong platonic male friendship? Nah.

Oct 25, 2017
Felt it was time to do a reread of Berserk to catch up (haven't read since the infamous boat hiatus), and I totally forgot how almost explicit Griffith's implied romantic feelings for Guts is. I mean, the entire time Griffith is having sex with Charlotte all he's doing is thinking about Guts. Every irrational decision he makes has something to do with Guts. Looking up some discussions on the internet it kind of blows my mind that so many people are in denial about it. Miura all but states Griffith is in love with Guts but no, it's actually just strong platonic male friendship? Nah.
e5c.gif

Just nothing but two 100% heterosexual men having a platonic water fight together. Nothing romantic to see here. Griffith is honestly at his most human and relaxed when he's with Guts. If people can't see his feelings for Guts then they're stupid or horribly in denial.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I always felt like a lot of the fans approach Berserk with the same mindset you'd expect of a shounen manga/anime so it doesn't surprise me that many wouldn't even begin to consider the two main male protagonists to have actual feelings for each other. It's unheard of in the shounen world (afaik)

On the other hand the reveal of two chapters ago should make things even more awkward between them lol

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
While reading Berserk for the first time, without knowing anything about the story, I instantly picked up on Griffith being in love with Guts. It's so obvious that I call bullshit on anyone saying they don't see it.

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You could say there's some ambiguity but nothing really supports the interpretation that there is an unequivocal romantic feeling of Griffith for Guts.

Last edited:

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've reread Berserk multiple times but I think I just figured out for the first time that the symbol of the Holy See is actually a corrupted version of the brand of sacrifice. It's just different enough not to be obvious but the similarity is clearly visible when you look.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
He wants Guts as a friend not a follower though and he didn't want Guts to see him like he did at the end of the Golden Age. Also no matter what his feelings for Guts his dream was more important to him.

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've reread Berserk multiple times but I think I just figured out for the first time that the symbol of the Holy See is actually a corrupted version of the brand of sacrifice. It's just different enough not to be obvious but the similarity is clearly visible when you look.

It has definitely been a speculation for many years that they are connected. The brand was different in the prototype so Miura might wanted it to be similar to something else and changed it. The holy see symbol resembles the hermes staff.

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that was pretty cool to see when I first noticed it

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally! After so many years of waiting they've finally got off the ship. Feels almost unreal, I often wondered if it would ever happen at all.
VkSBxGdl.jpg

Yes i realize they actually got off the ship a while ago but I haven't picked up the series again in more than 5 years.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Finally! After so many years of waiting they've finally got off the ship. Feels almost unreal, I often wondered if it would ever happen at all.
VkSBxGdl.jpg

Yes i realize they actually got off the ship a while ago but I haven't picked up the series again in more than 5 years.

You should be in for a trip.