• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, Kiefer was fine in MGSV (for the few lines he had at least), the real disappointment (personally) was Troy Baker as Ocelot which was mostly just Troy Baker but occasionally cowboy.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
For Kingdom Hearts III, they had to recast Master Xehanort in both Japanese and English because both of his voice actors passed away before recording could begin. His English replacement (Rutger Hauer, which honestly surprised me) is no Leonard Nimoy, but who is? He did a good job.

Was gonna say this was the worst. I don't like the new voice at all.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Worst by a god damn mile - Jack of Blades in Fable
He is so shitty in Fable TLC, he might as well have put a sign on his head that said "bad guy"

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Worst:

Shion, Kos-Mos, Chaos and Momo's disgusting voice changes for Xenosaga 2

Bridget Hoffman is the only person that should ever be voicing Kos-Mos.

Glynnis Talken to Tricia Helfer for Kerrigan.

Mandy Moore to anyone after her for Aerith

Alyson Court to whoever voiced her in revelations and the remake. The new girls are objectively not bad, but Court owned the role and sounds the exact same 20 years later. She IS Claire Redfield.

Wesker's voice following CV and Zero.

The Silent Hill 2 HD cast

Replacing David Hayter as Snake

For the best:

unless the original is especially terrible, there havent been too • many replacements I've liked. Performance continuity is far too important when it comes to any acted character.

That being said, some of the ones that stand out as big improvements:

Rebecca Chambers in Resident Evil Zero, Jill in Resident Evil 3 and Wesker in Code Veronica.

Last edited:

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Terrible recasts:

Billy Zane --> Richard Epcar (Kingdom Hearts)
Guy Cihi --> Troy Baker (Silent Hill 2)
Mandy Moore --> Mena Suvari (Kingdom Hearts)
The change in KOS-MOS's voice from XS1 to 2 was unforgivable.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Chris Redfield has one line in RE7 and a garbage DLC, people really are obsessed with that face change

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Chris Redfield has one line in RE7 and a garbage DLC, people really are obsessed with that face change

I was thinking this same thing reading this thread. He's like "hi, I'm Chris Redfield and I'm here to help" or some shit and that was all.

TBH, I miss Paul Mercier as Leon and Richard Waugh as Wesker more than I care about Chris.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Ashly Burch in Persona 4 DAN was really really bad. I remember that performance just bringing the game down horribly. I don't think it's her fault either given her stellar performances elsewhere.

Oct 25, 2017
Best:
Replacing Hayden Panettiere with Alyson Stoner in Kingdom Hearts. Her performance is so much better.

Honestly, I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with too many other recasts that I really feel like are significant improvements.

Worst:
New Chie in the P4 games. Original Chie from the PS2 release is still the best.
Whatever the hell happened with Aerith in KH2.
Ben Judd to Sam Riegel for Phoenix Wright

Rutger Hauer as Master Xehanort is clearly a fine performance, but he sounds nothing like Nimoy, so it's really distracting to me.

Oct 26, 2017
Worst: Literally everyone from Dynasty Warriors 8 to Dynasty Warriors 9. As if DW9 wasn't already enough of a dumpster fire, the English dub sounds like they took four of Koei's janitors and set them in front of a microphone. Everyone in this game sounds identical and the voice acting itself is really bad. DW8's English dub wasn't perfect, but was sure as hell better than this.

This. Thissss.

Dynasty Warriors 8 has some quality anime and video game voice actors. Kirk Thornton, Jamieson Price, Wendee Lee, Beau Billingslea, Cristina Vee, Bryce Papenbrook, Kaiji Tang, Erin Fitzgerald, Quinton Flynn, Richard Epcar...the list goes on. We go from them, to...practically nothing. I've never cringed so hard at voice acting like I have in Dynasty Warriors 9. There are a few good voice actors in DW9, but DW8 far and away has the better voice acting.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
FhlwLko_d.jpg

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Terrance Stamp as Prophet of Truth in Halo 3.

Michael Wincott was superior in Halo 2.

Yes, yes, yes, absolutely, yes. It's super weird to me how Halo 3 recast a few major characters from Halo 2 (Miranda Keyes, Truth) while leaving the rest of the cast untouched. The new voices were noticeably worse.

Kudos to 343i for keeping not just Steve Downes and Jen Taylor when they took over the series, but also bringing back Keith David and Nathan Fillion a full eight and five years since they'd last played their respective characters.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Worst recast on Blizzard latam voices since legion updates, velen got like 3 voices in Legion alone and multiple recast on both faction leaders in BfA

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I really hate how Halo 2's wise and calculating Prophet of Truth was recast in Halo 3 to match the retcon that he's a cookie cutter raving zealot. What a regression.

To make it worse, the Bungie guys were patting themselves on the back about it in the Halo 3 behind the scenes content. Just no. You ruined your villain.

Terrance Stamp as Prophet of Truth in Halo 3.

Michael Wincott was superior in Halo 2.

Edit: If you ever do H3 Anniversary Stinkles or even bring back Truth as a character, please bring back Michael Wincott.

Yes, yes, yes, absolutely, yes. It's super weird to me how Halo 3 recast a few major characters from Halo 2 (Miranda Keyes, Truth) while leaving the rest of the cast untouched. The new voices were noticeably worse.

Kudos to 343i for keeping not just Steve Downes and Jen Taylor when they took over the series, but also bringing back Keith David and Nathan Fillion a full eight and five years since they'd last played their respective characters.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so!