• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/dick-miller-dead-dies-gremlins-terminator-1203124265/

Dick Miller, 'Gremlins' and 'Terminator' Actor, Dies at 90

Dick Miller, a prolific screen actor best known for his role as Murray Futterman in the 1984 classic horror film "Gremlins," has died. He was 90.

With a career spanning more than 60 years, Miller has made hundreds of on screen appearances, beginning in the 1950s with legendary director and producer Roger Corman. It was then that he starred as Walter Paisley in the cult classic "A Bucket of Blood," before going on to land roles on projects such as "The 'Burbs," "Fame" and "The Terminator."

Miller also appeared in "The Howling" and "Piranha."

giphy.gif

after_hours_dick_miller_by_highpotency-d3fq7ua.gif

RIP awesome dude.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Awww... One of those actors who is amusing/memorable in pretty much everything he appeared in.

For the life of me, I can't think of a single film that Dick Miller appeared in that wasn't immediately improved with his presence. Even in the smallest bit parts, his warmth was enough to light up the screen for the one scene he was in. RIP to a genuine titan of character actors.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
Damn... What a loss. Dick miller was always there for Dante, for better or worse.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Damn shame. Always loved seeing him pop up in fun roles. Such a gem for genre fans to watch. RIP good sir.

For the life of me, I can't think of a single film that Dick Miller appeared in that wasn't immediately improved with his presence. Even in the smallest bit parts, his warmth was enough to light up the screen for the one scene he was in. RIP to a genuine titan of character actors.

This is so true. I remember watching that awful Amityville: It's About Time where an evil clock drives a family insane. Such a ridiculous movie, then Dick Miller pops up in a bit part & totally shines. Give the most memorable scene in the movie.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
His work on Deep Space Nine was always be a favourite of mine. RIP

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Damn, I loved him in so many movies, RIP.

One of my favorites of his was the Tales from the Crypt movie, "Demon Knight."

FnordChan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Beautiful Chapel Hill, NC
Farewell to one of the all time great character actors. Dick Miller made every single film he appeared in better just by being there and appeared in a helluva lot of cult classics. My personal favorite line of his, as the police chief in Rock 'N Roll High School: "They're ugly. Ugly, ugly people." RIP Dick.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Great guy. Sad news.

Everyone should check out A Bucket of Blood. One of the rare good Roger Corman films, and probably one of the few movies where Miller was the lead. It's kind of a half-parody, weirdo beatnik slasher film, but it's fun.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, i also honestly thought he'd passed away years ago
Yeah, dude got to live a long life and was indeed awesome

RIP