• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
With Christmas just around the corner I've been thinking about how games have celebrated the festive season over the years with in-game content or events or updates.

I'm not talking like Animal Crossing which has an actual event tied to the in-game calendar but more like how the devs create and release content especially for Christmas which last for a couple of weeks.

Notable examples in recent years for me include:

Lord of the Rings Online (and many other MMOs) Yule Festival
yule-group.jpg

Monster Hunter World's Christmas Event

monster-hunter-world-christmas-c.jpg

Grand Theft Auto 5 (less so now but the first snow ball fight in this was amazing fun...)
maxresdefault.jpg

What other fun/interesting Christmas events come to mind for you lot in recent (or even not so recent) years?

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Home Alone mission in Hitman, they even brought it back this year in Hitman 2

Da3diKJu6khaAHK3T4jvWE.jpg

Waggle_free

Feb 21, 2018
Original Destiny's The Dawning 2016 was the most feature-heavy event. It introduced several major additions that later appear in the D2 such as Triumphs. And one that unfortunately never returned - Sparrow Races with a significant chunk of progression tied to this mode specifically.
I also really liked how they presented daily bonuses (they appeared as physical gift boxes located in the Tower).

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I like games that do a spin on popular holidays, like the way WoW did it.

My pick... PSO.

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
b2WeDpE269z9WsZ9VXafPf.png

CS:GO devs putting in their best efforts with the chickens. Don't you dare mess with him.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
This xmas theme level in overcooled looks good m not sure if it's first or second, I am watching some streamers play it

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
Rising Storm 2 currently has a pretty cool chrismtas event. Forgot I even owned this game, downloaded it again last night to try it out.