• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ronco2000

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As much as I hate DLC, Vietnam DLC for BC2 was the best and most fun I ever had. I would have payed full price.
What's your favorite DLC?

Oct 27, 2017
The Fury DLC for Wipeout HD was incredible. It just about doubled the amount of content in the game.

Aldo a shoutout to From Software's DLCs which tend to be amazing. I'm currently playing through Bloodborne's The Old Hunters and it has some of the best level design and bosses in the game.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Without a doubt, The Witcher 3's expansions: Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Frozen Wilds.
Arkham Knight's DLC was actually better than the base game, and now it's really cheap too.

Mario Kart 8 on Wii-U had the best DLC in gaming. All those extra tracks for only $11.99 it was.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne Old Hunters or Horizon Frozen Wilds would be my choices. They both added a fair chunk of meaningful content and some solid new areas.
Witcher 3 was also a standout but I found it a bit same-y after a while.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Witcher 3 DLC, Horizon DLC. I don't buy much DLC, but these are definitely worth the price.

Deleted member 17491

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There can be only one

Hgacfko.gif

TESIV: Oblivion -> Shivering Isles

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's a tough call between a lot of good ones.

I'd probably have to give it to one of The Witcher 3's DLC, Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine. And between one of those, I'd give it to, uh, one of those.

Bloodborne's Old Hunters, Fallout New Vegas' Dead Money, Dark Souls' Artorias of the Abyss, and Dark Souls 3's Ringed City are up there as well.

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on what you're going for.

In terms of storytelling and characterization the Witcher 3 Expansion Pass was really, really good! Solid story additions and some would say that Heart of Stone was better than the base game!

For me, personally, the DLC for Mario Kart 8 was incredible, doubling the size of the base game in track quantities (which was already hefty to begin with). However, my personal favorite was the DLC for Hyrule Warriors. More characters, more movesets and more maps, none of which felt like filler to me. So, so, SO much content!

I'm super excited to play through it in full on the Switch :)

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Mass Effect 3's Citadel tells a cheesy, campy story, is packed full of content and fanservice and ended the trilogy in an absolutely perfect way, which more than made up for the original ending. Best part of the game by a long shot, and one of the best parts of the entire trilogy.

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
Besides the obvious The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne dlc's, I was really a huge fan of GTA4 Lost and Damned when that released. The two dlc's for GTA4 in general was really nice and I really liked this whole idea of multiplot / character interference, while they still had their own stories (which would later be the foundation for GTAV)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
That reminds me; I still need to play Horizon's The Frozen Wilds. What's the recommended level to tackle it? I finished the main game and I think I was around level 40ish.

Deleted member 16849

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GTA4 Ballad of Gay Tony + Lost and the Damned
Red Dead Undead Nightmare
Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea
Batman Arkham Origins: Cold Cold Heart
The Last of Us: Left Behind
Elder Scrolls Oblivion: Shivering Isles
Dishonored: Knife of Dunwald + Brigmore Witches
Wipeout HD Fury
LA Noire season pass
Deus Ex: The Missing Link
Forza Horison 2: Fast and the Furious
Forza Horizon 3: Hot Wheels and Cold Mountain

This is all quality DLC that could lf been sold as standalone games (in some cases they where).

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Definitely TLOU: Left Behind and Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Driveclub or mk8 on WiiU for me. Although the mk8 one has now kinda been sharpened by deluxe giving you the tracks on cart. At the time it was incredible value though.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
GTA4 Ballad of Gay Tony + Lost and the Damned
Red Dead Undead Nightmare
Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea
Batman Arkham Origins: Cold Cold Heart
The Last of Us: Left Behind
Elder Scrolls Oblivion: Shivering Isles
Dishonored: Knife of Dunwald + Brigmore Witches
Wipeout HD Fury
LA Noire season pass
Deus Ex: The Missing Link

This is all quality DLC that could lf been sold as standalone games (in some cases they where).

This is a great list, I totally forgot about Burial at sea but that was really good. I'd also put Big Surf Island form Burnout Paradisemand Storm Island from Forza Horizon 2 in there

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Top 5
1) Bloodborne - The Old Hunters. 3 of my all-time favourite bosses, lots of great weapons and I really liked the new areas. Made Bloodborne my all-time favourite game.
2) Mass Effect 3 - The Citadel. It's what I consider the ending, One last tale with all the crew. Get a little emotional just thinking about it.
3) The Witcher 3 - Hearts of Stone. Pretty much the best of TW3, but condensed into a 10-15 hour experience, with a great story, characters and moments.
4) The Witcher 3 - Blood & Wine. Pretty much another Witcher game.
5) TES 4: Oblivion - Shivering Isles Pretty much another TES game, it was also my first real big expansion, properly blew me away at release.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huge fan of the Halo 3 Heroic Map Pack. Hell, all the Halo 3 DLC maps excluding Assembly were fantastic and feel like core elements of the game, now.

Other than that I rarely ever play DLC in single player games. I did enjoy Skyrim's Dawnguard for its slightly more Dark Fantasy tone quite a bit though, but I suppose some people were disappointed in it.

iLorah

Oct 31, 2017
I came in to say Vietnam and it was your pick! I absolutely loved it too. Honestly the best DLC I've ever purchased!

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
New Vegas's DLC is always painfully undermentioned in threads like these, so I'd like to point it out again:

Four DLC packs, all introducing completely new areas and gameplay mechanics, with pretty great stories that all tie back into one big overarching story that also ties back into the main game's story in multiple surprising ways.

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017
Heroes of Might and Magic III - Armageddon's blade. Random scenario generator and the Conflux with a god damn Phoenix as the top tier creature.
The Witcher 3 - Both Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine are fantastic.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Second post, I'm impressed. Imo Hearts of Stone is better than Blood & Wine. Gaunter O'dimm was just so good as a villain and the story about Oldgierd and Iris was heartbreaking.

While I think the story of Hearts of Stone (and O'dimm as the villain) is better, I do love the world of Toussaint. It is incredible to look at and explore. Emiel is also pretty cool.

BayonettasBuddy

Lead Producer at Cold Symmetry
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Blood and Wine. For $15 I had a twenty hour ad on that had a main campaign and side quests that were as good as the base game's.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
1) Vietnam for BC2 was the best shooter dlc by far. It'll probably always be the perfect multiplayer dlc to me.

2) The Old Hunters was everything great about Bloodborne but concentrated.

3) Blood and Wine for the Witcher 3. Huge completely new area, completely different theme, lots of unique and interesting quests, and it was loaded with fun content. I think it was only $20 too, so it was an amazing deal. (I think Hearts of Stone was more interesting, but this was the perfect way to do an expansion)

Honorable mention) Dawnguard
, it was a very small dlc but I loved all of it and the tone shift from Skyrim was really great. Every time I replay Skyrim I start in the DLC.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
This and Old World Blues for New Vegas are so damn good

I really liked the ringed city DLC for Dark Souls 3, beautiful send off to the series

I never got to Ringed City content. I'd lost a Mage save at the 65 hour mark, started a pyromancer and beat the game, beat the game with a Faith character, bought both DLC's and played a Dex build to the Swamp and good god the Swamp just kills my desire to keep playing DSIII.

Oct 28, 2017
Lair of the Shadow Broker and Minerva's Den were the first to come to mind for me, but then of course I remembered TLOU Left Behind, which was a great way to build on Ellie as a character and give context to the ending of the base game.

Neptonic

Oct 25, 2017
Tucson, AZ
I never got to Ringed City content. I'd lost a Mage save at the 65 hour mark, started a pyromancer and beat the game, beat the game with a Faith character, bought both DLC's and played a Dex build to the Swamp and good god the Swamp just kills my desire to keep playing DSIII.
When that happens to me in a Souls game I just start over again with a new build. Only took me 3 restarts to beat DS3.
If you try again I would suggest going for a quality build so you can try a majority of the weapons

Rafroel

Oct 28, 2017
MK8 Wii U for amount of content. Talk about bang for buck!
Bloodborne: The Old Hunters for quality of content. I played the DLC just before the
Nightmare of Mensis
section and felt like the DLC bosses were more memorable than the final Main game bosses.

Oct 27, 2017
Old Hunters DLC for sure. Probably the best piece of gaming content I have ever played contained in that DLC alone.

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The big ones have already been mentioned, so I'm going to give a shout-out to the Force Unleashed DLC costumes which were highly entertaining.

148520_460012219404_503039404_5513811_3390472_n.jpg

33900_445143242759_287835847759_5035077_3179067_n.jpg

Among many others. Pure gold.