• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dragonball is not well-written. It's addictive and fun, but a well thought out narrative it is not. Some fan works fix this.

0000.jpg

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/

Before Super, this fan comic was being pumped out. Showing how lucky our heroes of DB are (since like, if one tiny thing went different the whole universe would of ended like 1000 times by the end of Z) they must now face all possible realities and different outcomes. It does a good job playing with the lore while telling a good narrative.

Before Fighter Z, there was hyper. Taking from many fighting games, but mainly Capcom, a small group used the MUGEN engine to make what even after recent releases is one of the top five DB games ever imo.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Maaan DB Multiverse takes me back.
Also, there's no way that concept didn't have SOME indirect influence towards Dragon Ball Super's Tournament arc

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Dragon Ball zeroverse, it was an unofficial Chinese continuation of the Dragon Ball manga. Has pan go SSJ and does feature other characters fighting, not as good as super but better than gt.
dragon-ball-zeroverse-volume-1-title.png

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Giving Pan the power pole is a pretty cool idea, though the grammar in this is rough so far.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay was the species wide fusion a popular idea among fans because this is looking reaaaaaaaaaaaaaal bad on Super's part now
c1c260a8-ca4a-4299-ab50-a11bdb243caa.png

c1c260a8-ca4a-4299-ab50-a11bdb243caa.png

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't generally like them as the arts isn't really appealing and look "off". Toyble's early art isn't good too but he has improved a lot and shows great potential in his AF arts

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Dragon Ball isn't well written?????
I'm sorry but I always need a reason to share this

Abdozer

Oct 28, 2017
Am I crazy or wasn't there a fan DB comic that ended early because of the creator got the opportunity to work on DB officially?

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Power Levels:

Multiverse is Yamcha
DBZ Abridged is Krillin
Gohan Blanco is Perfect Ultra Instinct SSJ3 Blue Vegito Ascended

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017

Anyone remember playing Dragon Ball RPG games on BYOND? I spent hours in and out of DB-themed dreams and this was the first game type I remember to let you play as different races and essentially any character you could design.

The one above isn't anything particularly special as far as I can tell though a lot weren't after a while.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I kinda like this. It's a what if of Trunks' timeline from Goku arriving and killing Frieza to his death by the heart virus.
DmkGdLl.jpg

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
The best DragonBall fan work is TeamFourStar's work with DBZ Abridged by a long shot. Hell they even made a halfway decent attempt at fitting the movies into the actual timeline

I'd honestly give it partial credit for why DBZ saw a bit of a revival in popularity in the US.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
There was this manga a fan had made that looked EXACTLY like the original series and for the life of me, I can't remember what it was called.