• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I recently started the original Nier again and it never gets old how amazing and funny the opening speech is. So now I'm wondering what are your favorite quotes in games that you know of?

FoXR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
ZAVcbxol.jpg

I actually love most Falco quotes on Star Fox 64. "Too late, game over pal!"
Actually I love most quotes on all of the game, so good.

Skyball Paint

Nov 12, 2017
"You come into our club...with no hair? You dandy FUCK!"
-Men's Hair Club President, LISA: The Painful RPG

Almeister

Oct 25, 2017
"The rain was comin' down like all the angels in heaven decided to take a piss at the same time. When you're in a situation like mine, you can only think in metaphors..." - Dick Justice [Max Payne 2]

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Fire Emblem Fates has one that just makes me laugh all the time.

Mozu: "You Smell Like a Goat". Then she kills you

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoy the second time Zeke shows up in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, specifically the end. Spoilers, obviously.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Here's a good quote and then a funny quote from Planescape Torment.

Vhailor: When the injustice is great enough, justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it. None may stand against it. It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment, and lend its servant the power to pass sentence. Know this: There is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them. It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods. Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe.

Nameless One: I see.

Vhailor: No, you do not see. Pray you never will.
Nordom: Attention; Morte. I have a question. Do you have a destiny? A purpose?

Morte: Is Annah still wearing clothes?

Nordom: Affirmatory.

Morte: Then the answer is yes.

Such a damn good game.

LISA has so many good quotes. I still need to play The Joyful.

Big_Erk

Oct 27, 2017
Chief's Kingdom
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" Cave Johnson - Portal 2

Sanlei

Oct 25, 2017
"Do you think you would be the same Poppi if you had another master?"
"mh... Poppi would be still Poppi i think, but if Poppi had a new masterpon, then Poppi probably wouldnt wear frilly maid costumes for new masterpon"

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna post the Nier opening but lol OP beat me.

Alternatively God Hand

After the mad midget 5 intro
Gene: "Douchebags"
The delivery makes it.

Toad King

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Tommy Vercetti is an innocent man!

-Ken Rosenberg, after Tommy just blew up three helicopters and murdered like twenty cops

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
"You're a little bitch and your brother was, too" - The Courier, Fallout New Vegas.
It's hilarious how much of an asshole you can be in New Vegas. When I first saw that dialogue option I knew I had to pick it just to see what would happen.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
I can't help but love Senator Armstrong's over the top crassitude in Metal Gear Rising. Every blunt, aggressive outburst he delivers is gold

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You were almost a Jill sandwich!

All your base r belong to us

I do need capitol, and votes. Wanna know why? I HAVE A DREAM!

Commander! You've rained on my glorious parade! For this, I'm sending everything I got at you, but I won't let you have the satisfaction of catching me. I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by capitalism...SPACE!!!

Mazzo

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
The turrets from the Portal games have some hilarious lines. Like when you disable them and they say "I don't blame you".

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Baldurs Gate 2 had some pretty ridiculous lines accompanied by some pretty ridiculous voice acting (not in a bad way).
Jan Jansen, Minsc and Boo, The mad mages in spellhold etc

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
"your right hand comes off??" - Leon, Resident Evil 4

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Followed up by the next greatest line after they're defeated "Oh, the HAIRmanity!"

For me, it was a line from Benny from Fallout New Vegas when you finally confront him: "Let's keep it in the groove, hey? Smooth moves, like smooth little babies". Like, no one talks like that. It's so stupid it's funny.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Incidental dialogue in Persona is always fun. In P3 through P5 there is usually predetermined dialogue your character will hear on any given day walking to school, and there's one dumb exchange that has always stuck with me. It's two girls walking to school, one girl mentions that a billboard fell on one of their gym teachers and hurt them pretty bad and the other responds with "Wow! Wait, who cares?"

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
In mgs3, when snake and sigint decide to call the unknown helicopter the HIP, and they start giggling like nerds...

I can't find the quote but that was hilarious.