Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chex Quest would skewer discussion too much, so I wanted to see what would be the runner up.

Now with that out of the way, let's talk about a 90's/2000's relic, Games that come free with your food (mostly cereal, but other food also counts). Yes, there was a time long ago where you got a free CD Rom game in various cereals. There's a surprising amount of titles that fit into this, including some Disney CDRoms and board Game adaptations. So it wasn't a one time thing.

For me, my choices in terms of the ones I had are either Roller Coaster Tycoon or Timon and Pumbaa's Jungle Arcade (which had a westernized Puyo Puyo years before I knew what it was). The one I wanted back then was one of the Atari anniversary collections, but could never seemingly find it.

How about you? Which games were part of your ballanced breakfast?

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Roller Coaster Tycoon came in a box of cheerios back in the day. It's clearly the best.

I know OP mentions it. It's worth mentioning again.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 also came in cheerios at one point, but it for some reason isn't as remembered despite being a better game.

Last edited:

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
There was a web game associated with general Mills cereal in the early 2000s that I have fond memories of, mostly because I got a sick calculator/pencil case out of it

Zeus

Corrupted by Vengeance and Powered by Friendship™
Oct 27, 2017
Runner up?
Are you aware that here in Australia we had a point where Age of Empires was actually pretty common in cereal boxes back when it was still considered a must-play?

I find it hard to believe we were the only ones.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
honorable mention goes to Beyond Good & Evil being included in packages of string cheese in Canada. I didn't buy it (i'm not canadian) but what an odd pairing. The best game I got in food was probably chex quest. I know I had clue and uh maybe some other board games, but I don't remember ever playing them.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Do the Burger King games count? They were trash, but they were entertaining as hell trash.

mgfanjay

Apr 9, 2022
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire came with something and led to some fun family memories that Christmas - so I gotta go with that

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
It was some kind of Tony the Tiger-game (forgot the name) that came with Kellogg's Frosties. Good times.

Sazed

Aug 21, 2023
Not at all a good game but I got a digital version of Clue one time in a cereal box. Got the murderer wrong on my first game. Started a new game and thought "What if I answer immediately with the solution from the last round?" and it was correct. Turns out there was like one solution per disc. I was so bummed after lol. Only cereal game I remember playing tbh.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Heart of Darkness, a great 2d platformer in the vein of Another World and Flashback. Came with a cereal a while after it originaly released.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
There was some plane game that came with my cereal once? It was likely terrible but I played it a lot.

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
Taco Bell had an interesting set of floppy disc games back in the 90s. There's was a Burger Time type game, a Breakout game, and a Doom clone. They were all very endearing. I don't know anyone else who has ever played, let alone heard of these games

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
honorable mention goes to Beyond Good & Evil being included in packages of string cheese in Canada. I didn't buy it (i'm not canadian) but what an odd pairing. The best game I got in food was probably chex quest. I know I had clue and uh maybe some other board games, but I don't remember ever playing them.

That was my first thought, too.

122277-cheese-copy.jpg

Edit: Speaking of Chex Quest, though, General Mills released a free UE4 remake on Steam a few years ago.

Edit edit: And Qubic released a Switch port a couple of years ago, which is currently 60% off for a few more days.

Last edited:

SneakyBeans

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Taco Bell had an interesting set of floppy disc games back in the 90s. There's was a Burger Time type game, a Breakout game, and a Doom clone. They were all very endearing. I don't know anyone else who has ever played, let alone heard of these games
I loved these games! Young me thought the Doom clone one was kind of scary back in the day

Scarlett

Dec 5, 2020
I've never met anyone who remembers this, but EA had a promo with milk.

Buy milk, code under the cap, and cash out certain tiers of prizes (you choose the item per tier) on an online store.

This was fall of 2001. Off of three milk jugs back to back (thanks, cookie habit), I scored free SSX Tricky, RA2 Yuri's Revenge, and I think Agent Under Fire (might've been NBA Street).

Oct 27, 2017
United States
GFYSKATEcover.jpg

Disney's Extremely Goofy Skateboarding was bundled with some foods. It did not come close to standing up against Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, but you cannot beat free.

I've never met anyone who remembers this, but EA had a promo with milk.

Buy milk, code under the cap, and cash out certain tiers of prizes (you choose the item per tier) on an online store.

This was fall of 2001. Off of three milk jugs back to back (thanks, cookie habit), I scored free SSX Tricky, RA2 Yuri's Revenge, and I think Agent Under Fire (might've been NBA Street).

I do not recall that specific campaign, but it sounds very plausible during the "Got Milk?" era.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire came with something and led to some fun family memories that Christmas - so I gotta go with that

Ah yeah I remember that one. A few of my friends got it too and we'd compare who could get the farthest, though I think eventually we had most of the questions memorized after playing it so much. Good times.