• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
What Pc games are worth checking out that run at 144fps ( without bugs or weird issues )?. I finished Life is Strange 2 other day and it was amazing with the higher framerate.

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
I would say Doom is a good one. Easy to get high refresh rates, plays well, etc...

Edit: Beaten!

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike, any.....some single player games support unlocked frame rate. Vanquish looks great. GTA V...Doom...uhhhh Metal Gear Rising possibly but I forget currently.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Anything you play on mouse and keyboard. Strategy games and FPSes in particular. Stuff like CS:GO, Doom 2016, Dota 2. RDR2 has native unlocked framerates if you can push it, but it's a GPU killer.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Wild card pick: the port of thatgamecompany's Flower to PC. It's a demanding port, but at 1440p on my RTX 2080 Ti system, I get ~95fps with all settings maxed out, ~110fps with settings closer to PS3 level. Which, back in the day, ran at 30fps. All those scattered petals and grass leaves swaying in unison at high frame rates is somethin' else.

Oct 30, 2017
i mean, if you were impressed by life is strange at 144hz, literally any PC game with 3D graphics will impress you (other than the occasional random bad japanese console port). try everything!

doom 2016 or destiny 2 would be my recommendations for feeling a difference in control though.

Kent

Jun 4, 2018
First answer nails it Destiny 2 at 144 is glorious I can't play it on console anymore it looks stuttery to me now which is a little annoying since some friends still on console.
No kidding.

Going from frame rates like that on PC to playing with my friends who are primarily on Xbox is a lot harder than I thought it'd be. And that's to say nothing about how every hitscan weapon in the game performs better on PC due to handling and balance differences between the two. I initially got the Forsaken complete collection from work as a freebie, thinking I'd poke around in it to see how it feels on PC - but then cross-save launched, and I've been using my Xbox account on PC.

I just wish there was a way for us to actually play together, even if it locked out any PvP modes due to the obvious and extreme advantages being on PC has.

OP
OP
ussjtrunks

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
Just the smooth motion running at 144fps is really impressive even playing Fifa it's so much better.
I was playing fallen order but had to lock it to 60 cos at 144 the cutscenes audio kept messing up

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami

Kiwami 2 is okay but that game needs serious hardware to reach 144 and it sadly features some minor physics issues at that high of a frame rate.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I'd ever think about Life Is Strange 2 when it comes to praising high framerate monitors. Not saying you're wrong or anything, just something weird to me.

I've said this before, but the first game I played when I got a 144Hz GSYNC monitor that made me go "Oh wow! This is awesome!" was Bulletstorm.

If you have the old version like I do, you need to download an ini editor for the game since Bulletstorm encrypts its ini for some dumb reason. I don't think you need to do that with the new version.

As for F2P games, Warframe was pretty great (probably still is, I just have no idea what's going on with that game anymore) and Destiny 2 feels "refreshing" after being used to the 30FPS console version after all this time (I see it's been mentioned, it deserves another mention).

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
No kidding.

Going from frame rates like that on PC to playing with my friends who are primarily on Xbox is a lot harder than I thought it'd be. And that's to say nothing about how every hitscan weapon in the game performs better on PC due to handling and balance differences between the two. I initially got the Forsaken complete collection from work as a freebie, thinking I'd poke around in it to see how it feels on PC - but then cross-save launched, and I've been using my Xbox account on PC.

I just wish there was a way for us to actually play together, even if it locked out any PvP modes due to the obvious and extreme advantages being on PC has.
I play with controller on pc as well not much advantage in pvp my stats are same if not a little better because of better frame times.

144 freesync is so good any game feels great. I never thought it would be till I tried it and I can't go back console game at 60fps feel fine but shooters at 30 are a never again.

OP
Get gamepass ultimate and you have so many games to try!

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I would say Doom is a good one. Easy to get high refresh rates, plays well, etc...

Edit: Beaten!
Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike, any.....some single player games support unlocked frame rate. Vanquish looks great. GTA V...Doom...uhhhh Metal Gear Rising possibly but I forget currently.
DOOM
Vanquish
Destiny 2
Anything you play on mouse and keyboard. Strategy games and FPSes in particular. Stuff like CS:GO, Doom 2016, Dota 2. RDR2 has native unlocked framerates if you can push it, but it's a GPU killer.
Doom 2016 looks and runs great at high refresh.
i mean, if you were impressed by life is strange at 144hz, literally any PC game with 3D graphics will impress you (other than the occasional random bad japanese console port). try everything!

doom 2016 or destiny 2 would be my recommendations for feeling a difference in control though.
destiny 2
doom
rocket league
windows desktop
DOOM would be my choice.
Yeah make a bee line for DOOM
DOOM and Overwatch - the increase in fluidity feels nuts.
CS:GO
Doom
CoD MW
RE2R
PUBG
Doom, Dmc5, sekiro (requires some work to enable it). Anything heavy movement and action will feel better.
Doom 2016 for sure

Deleted member 7373

Most triple A western games have support. Capcom games usually do as well. Pcgamingwiki will quickly tell you if a game supports it or not.

Play DOOM if you have not before.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Racing games and fast-paced shooters are a good bet.

BallisticNG, an excellent super fast antigrav racing game, is cheap and not particularly demanding so you can be sure you're getting all the sweet, sweet frames.